Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character music - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Character music (/showthread.php?tid=2314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Character music - Verad - 08-05-2014

[youtube]5OUP_Z3iZPs[/youtube]

RE: Character music - Edgar - 08-05-2014

Every time Edgar does a Frontline battle with the Maelstrom...

[youtube]ugx48uvvURc[/youtube]

The King and his men
stole the Queen from her bed
and bound her in her bones
the seas be ours and by the powers
where we will we'll roam

Yo ho, all hands
Hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars
Never shall we die

RE: Character music - Mr.Phyllo - 08-06-2014

Addison's Theme

Voices of Light was inspired by Joan of Arc, as was Addison's character.

[youtube]O4zi1Z-vIAo[/youtube]

RE: Character music - LiadansWhisper - 08-06-2014

(07-23-2014, 08:31 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: This, because it reminds me of Southern Thanalan, my story is taking me that way, and because we (my musical group) have been rehearsing this song for two weeks for our little show at the art collective.

"This video is not available in your country."

Sad

RE: Character music - Askier - 08-06-2014

I say this song sums up Askier's life and ability to somehow cling to life like a leach to a thigh.

[youtube]UZBn18FaLIU[/youtube]

RE: Character music - Melkire - 08-06-2014

(08-06-2014, 02:07 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 08:31 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: This, because it reminds me of Southern Thanalan, my story is taking me that way, and because we (my musical group) have been rehearsing this song for two weeks for our little show at the art collective.

"This video is not available in your country."

Sad

Try this one.

RE: Character music - Jilan - 08-17-2014

[youtube]_05rnEnexM4[/youtube]

For Jilan. Stylistically, it's more fitting for someone hailing from Thanalan rather than the Shroud, but it's the best song I know for general themes of not being able to return to one's home and holding on to one's culture.

[youtube]zDX0TZ3Kca4[/youtube]

For Autriche, probably Lifetime of Adventure by Tuomas Holopainen.

RE: Character music - WanderingWordsmith - 08-18-2014

I don't normally use music to get IC, per se, but looking at this I was struck by the thought of Ghost Towns Along the Highway, by John Mellencamp. It's a decidedly more melancholy approach to Averill's reasons for living on the road:

[youtube]loUPLSqYYms[/youtube]

EDIT - After a particularly emotionally charged scene, I've come to apply this song to some of Averill's darker moments:

[youtube]P8Tkqln-l4s[/youtube]

RE: Character music - Verad - 08-28-2014

Something for the rare occasion that Verad should be taken seriously:

[youtube]ZRBItl--TQM[/youtube]

And for the rest of the time:

[youtube]OmOe27SJ3Yc[/youtube]

RE: Character music - Leanne - 08-29-2014

Two music of Leanne I imagine while she's traveling:

[youtube]CM5vKdkhZGI[/youtube]

[youtube]vYELo6fRAOs[/youtube]

RE: Character music - Marisa - 08-29-2014

Ryoko's personality is hard for me to fit a song to, mostly because I'm a metal-head to the core and Ryoko's not a very metal character. Still, I think I have one which fits her life fairly well. 
[youtube]IN2S_OiPAlY[/youtube]

Lyrics here on the off-chance you're interested. The idea here being that Ryoko is, at this point, still very innocent and care-free. She's under the impression that she's setting out into a bright tomorrow. What she'll quickly find out, though, is that she's been sheltered her whole life from a world which is locked in a bitter war, consumed by chaos, and on the brink of destruction. It's probably only a matter of time before that sweet, young girl from the woods loses her innocence. 

On a side note, whenever I'm building a character for anything, I make heavy use of this soundtrack. 
[youtube]F505EWB8DPA[/youtube]
I love it because aside from being some of the finest 8-bit music ever composed, it also contains a song for every human emotion imaginable.

RE: Character music - Aldotsk - 08-29-2014

Anelia's theme:

[youtube]Dwy0LB5KS58[/youtube]

RE: Character music - Jana - 08-29-2014

RE: Character music - Kellach Woods - 08-29-2014

...think I FINALLY found a good theme for Kellach which actually captures most of what he is. Plus, old school Square-Enix track cover so you can't go wrong.

[youtube]AeB5qIpYnmM[/youtube]

And bonus alternate track for Aurimont, the day I actually decide to play as him.

[youtube]FnNQhSoFx6Q[/youtube]

RE: Character music - Whittledown - 09-12-2014

Songs for Wandering Smoke

First song: "99 Problems" by Hugo

[youtube]nmy113gMds0[/youtube]

Second song: "God's Gonna Cut You Down" by Johnny Cash

[youtube]ht7mxF9XZiA[/youtube]