Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character music - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Character music (/showthread.php?tid=2314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Character music - Illira - 02-23-2014

Apparently I can only find music for one of my characters, and not even one I RP the most! Oh well... Its probably because she is a very conceptual character compared to my other ones.

So here's my playlist for Burned Cypress thus far!:
Show Content

RE: Character music - Synn - 02-23-2014

Ah I knew there would be a thread like this somewhere. Thumbsup Well whilst writing Synn's Back story there were many songs that helped influence his overall character but I'll just post the three that were the biggest influence.

[youtube]5aUYbB1W1vM[/youtube]
This would definitely be Synn's theme if I had to choose between the three.

[youtube]6oaA28KSCa4[/youtube]

[youtube]HS6GdikYyIY[/youtube]
I feel like this song shows what the Calamity (along with a few other things) has done to him and that despite the strong front he puts up he's actually quite fragile.

RE: Character music - Xydane - 03-06-2014

Well, I decided to replace my character's theme. Side node, "Princess Mononoke" is such a wonderful film and I've always been a fan of Joe Hisaishi's music and Hayao Miyazaki films.

I felt that this theme has a stronger representation to the gallantry behind my character.

RE: Character music - Ignacius - 03-07-2014

Honestly, I'd have said "Leather Rebel" by Judas Priest for pure lyrics.  I mean, they're just so in-touch with the game terms Orleans Ignacius is understood by.  However... if we're talking pure feel of the character and lyrical content to match, there's really only one song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DfYLar2QGI

YOU SEE US COMING AND YOU ALL TOGETHER RUN FOR COVER!
... WE'RE TAKING OVER THIS TOWN...

RE: Character music - Askier - 03-07-2014

I've always really liked this song and just feel like it fits not just Askier but the whole game honestly.  Least in my mind. lol

[youtube]xzir1B43I3E[/youtube]

RE: Character music - Dogberry - 03-07-2014

(03-07-2014, 12:23 AM)Ignacius Wrote: Honestly, I'd have said "Leather Rebel" by Judas Priest for pure lyrics.  I mean, they're just so in-touch with the game terms Orleans Ignacius is understood by.  However... if we're talking pure feel of the character and lyrical content to match, there's really only one song...

One of my all-time favorite albums by one of my all-time favorite bands. Awesome.

(03-07-2014, 08:38 AM)Dogberry Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 12:23 AM)Ignacius Wrote: Honestly, I'd have said "Leather Rebel" by Judas Priest for pure lyrics.  I mean, they're just so in-touch with the game terms Orleans Ignacius is understood by.  However... if we're talking pure feel of the character and lyrical content to match, there's really only one song...

One of my all-time favorite albums by one of my all-time favorite bands. Awesome.
Which album, Cowboys from Hell or Painkiller?

I do love Pantera, and I bought the album while I was in middle school.  It completely fits, I think, where I'm going with Orleans.  I really do wish I could have used that Judas Priest song, though; it's just a bit too clean for what I'm going for.  But man, I think Painkiller is the best heavy metal album produced anywhere by anybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7wxOmixIgU

I was so tempted.  Really, the lightning imagery almost won me over.  Still, Cowboys from Hell is a better choice for Orleans.  He's just too gritty for music as polished as Priest's.

RE: Character music - Dogberry - 03-07-2014

Cowboys From Hell. Dimebag is one of the reasons I wanted to play guitar as a kid. I like Judas Priest, but Pantera was the band that made me really interested in music.

RE: Character music - Kylin - 03-07-2014

Show Content

And since Kylin is exiting the RP world very very soon for several months due to story developments, here are a couple other theme songs for characters to take center stage in his place:

Show Content

Show Content

RE: Character music - Kage - 03-07-2014

[youtube]oNtcP6EXm3s[/youtube]

I feel that at this moment this song really hits true to Kage. He has potential to do good things as himself alone but as a team member he's got the potential to do great things that can shake things up. He'll eventually burst out into something phenomenal. ... eventually. Maybe.

(03-07-2014, 09:28 AM)Dogberry Wrote: Cowboys From Hell. Dimebag is one of the reasons I wanted to play guitar as a kid. I like Judas Priest, but Pantera was the band that made me really interested in music.
I remember Pantera and Fear Factory got me into metal music as a kid in middle school.  It was Megadeth and Katatonia that got me into metal culture in high school.  Finally, it was Peter Steele (RIP) and Tom Araya that got me to pick up a bass in college.

Kind of funny how most people self-identify with where they were born or who they were born to, but for as long as I can remember I've chosen my culture through music.  Goth rock and heavy metal are my culture.

RE: Character music - Dogberry - 03-18-2014

One of the things I've been doing with Dogberry is having him styled after the more tribal aspects of early Roegadyn culture. He really does consider himself part of a dying breed among the Roegadyns, a tribal hunter, and tries to keep as much of their old practices alive. As such, I've been looking for music to capture that. When on the hunt, Dogberry has been known to sing songs from his tribe's past. Since it's pretty much implied that Sea Wolves were vikings, I looked up some viking folk and found this song, which expresses his outlook on life perfectly.

Here are the translated lyrics:

"Who shall sing me
In(to) death-sleep sling me
When I walk the way of Hel
And the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

I sought the songs
I sent the songs
When the deepest well
Gave me drops so harsh
From Valfaders pledge

All know I Odin, where you (your) eye hid

Early or in the days end, still knows the raven if I fall

When you stand at the gate of Hel
And when you have to tear free
I will/shall follow you
Across Gjallarbru with my song / Past the bridge of Gjöll with my song

You become free from the bonds that binds you!
You are free from the bonds that bound you!"

"Cattle die, kinsmen die,
you yourself soon must die;
but there is one thing that never dies,
the fair fame that one has earned.

"Cattle die, kinsmen die,
you yourself soon must die;
but there is one thing that never dies,
the doom on each one dead."
- (Hàvamàl 76-77)

RE: Character music - Miria - 03-18-2014

[youtube]DX3Yf3aZpjk[/youtube]

Fitting for Miria. The video + song...>_< ehehehe...Deadman Wonderland. A tiny amidge of inspiration behind Miria too, Shiro.

RE: Character music - MayaKazumi - 03-19-2014

[youtube]n6MT2fwmgtI[/youtube]
This one fits Maya (For reasons BEYOND just the name, I swear Tongue). Maya's hard to get down for very long, although for a different reason than the song's eponymous Maya. She's of the view that sadness clouds judgement, and it can easily make performing tasks harder. As such, she doesn't let herself get sad unless she's both alone and lacking in stuff to do, since that's the one time (As she sees it) that you have no current business.

...And she is also, as most people who've met her can attest, very, VERY 'spur of the moment'. She can forget grudges literally minutes after being wronged, and she tends to base her opinions on what is happening at that very moment, hardly ever looking far into the past and never into the future. She is sanguine almost to the point that it must be intentional. It is.

RE: Character music - Boo the Hamster - 03-20-2014

[youtube]_HRzKkD20YM[/youtube]

Character music isn't something I'm usually interested in, as it can tell too much too soon.  I feel this fits though without saying too much.