Hydaelyn Role-Players
FF14 ARR RP Server - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: FF14 ARR RP Server (/showthread.php?tid=2186)

FF14 ARR RP Server - Leon Dawnblade - 06-16-2013

Hello! I have found this site because I am searching for the RP community of FF14, for me and a large group of experienced rpers to call home at the launch of the reboot. 

I saw the rp on Balmung, and with the reboot I am very curious as to where we will all be! (I hope we can all be together.) I have heard a rumor that there will be an official rp server, but in the event there isn't what are we going to do?

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Aysun - 06-16-2013

(06-16-2013, 02:30 AM)Leon Dawnblade Wrote: Hello! I have found this site because I am searching for the RP community of FF14, for me and a large group of experienced rpers to call home at the launch of the reboot. 

I saw the rp on Balmung, and with the reboot I am very curious as to where we will all be! (I hope we can all be together.) I have heard a rumor that there will be an official rp server, but in the event there isn't what are we going to do?

As the majority of the RPers on this site are on Balmung, we will be on Balmung still once we have access to our characters and for launch (rumors of an RP server are unfortunately still in the rumor phase..).

I hope that you will join us!

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Flynn Rosenberg - 06-16-2013

Just curious, I wasn't around during 1.0 so is Balmung an NA or EU server? I'm in the UK and would prefer an English RP world with good ping. Though during the Phase 3 test I started in a JP world, ping was actually pretty good.

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Leon Dawnblade - 06-16-2013

That's about what I figured, and I'm 99.9% certain that Balmung is NA.

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Jeanne - 06-16-2013

I worry as I read that Balmung is a Legacy server so does that mean new players wont be able to join the server?

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Kylin - 06-16-2013

The RPC remains staunchly committed to Balmung as the unofficial RP server. Though this stance could change within the next few weeks if SE throws a curveball, it is unexpected to change.

That being said, we do intend to support those who have a strong urge to join a non-legacy RP server. As such, we will hold a poll here within the next couple weeks if SE remains silent on the server issue. A more detailed post is forthcoming tomorrow about this.

We want to continue stressing that Balmung is still our primary commitment though. In terms of long term, it has already proven that it has a stable and loyal base of RPers who aren't going anywhere anytime soon. We can't guarantee the same thing will happen with a secondary server and invite all newbies to join us, as we will be very welcoming and helpful to them. It has been confirmed that non-legacy players CAN join Legacy servers. But we understand that some remain attached to the idea of a non-legacy RP server and will support them as needed.

A post is coming tomorrow about this, so please look forward to it Smile

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Flynn Rosenberg - 06-16-2013

Ah, well I'm up for joining a Legacy server anyway, even without a character from 1.0 to transfer. Would rather RP with players who have had experience in 1.0 than not at all, if you get me.

I was just wondering if the server is NA or EU based and if there's a chance SE will announce RP/Legacy for both sides of the world. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Rhostel - 06-16-2013

There is no real NA/EU division. There's one officially recommended server for EU players, which has no RP community that I'm aware of, but I do know there's going to be quite a few (English-speaking) EU RPers on Balmung.

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - ArmachiA - 06-16-2013

I played on Ramuh half the time during Phase 3 which is a Japanese server and the ping was excellent. You may not really have to worry about ping rolling on a NA server. Smile

And unfortunately for you EU, as far as I'm aware there are no actual data centers in Europe (At least that's what the Beta forums are complaining about Tongue)

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Noelle - 06-16-2013

As said above, it looks as though (presently atleast) there are no actual EU servers. So even the 'recommended' servers for EU players are unlikely to have much difference in ping as it stands.

It's a shame, I'll admit, but for me I never had any intention of going anywhere else anyway.

RE: FF14 ARR RP Server - Rhashi Nefhys - 06-16-2013

It doesn't really matter for ping. It is an MMO, not an FPS so pings up to about 150-170 aren't a problem at all, even for PvP.

I am from EU as well and had no latency issues on JP or NA based servers as of now. There is a Thread to get some EU players together: http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=1731