Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP (/showthread.php?tid=2174)

Pages: 1 2

New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Dehqon - 06-15-2013

Hello! I've been gaming for nearly a decade now, mixed with tabletop RPGs. Someone I barely knew at the time started telling me about FF14 and linking various things that got me more and more interested in playing this over TESO. So far he's the only person  I talk to who shows any interest in playing and I would love to have more people to hang out with and hopefully RP in the big wide world.

I'll be glad to answer questions posted here. And suggestions on what more to read would definitely be welcome so I can have some idea of what's happening in the game and player guilds (or whatever they're called here) that may be interested in recruiting me.

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Aeiteil Strand - 06-15-2013

I am pretty new also, but hello! And welcome!

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Halrath - 06-15-2013

At the moment I think the majority of us in beta are on Gilgamesh. However once they open up the legacy servers, I think we will shift over to Balmung.

Balmung should also the be the spot RPers go once the game goes live.

This may also be totally wrong, so anyone who knows please feel free to correct me.

-Halrath

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Halrath - 06-15-2013

Umm.. Sorry that should have been a response to a different thread... Please feel free to delete both of these posts.

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Dehqon - 06-15-2013

It's still good to know there's even an unofficial server for RP.

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Weffrey - 06-16-2013

Welcome!

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Dehqon - 06-16-2013

It just hit me that I should probably mention that I've had countless bad experiences with RP communities as a whole and even RPers on a more individual basis. There have been a few shining examples of good friends to be made, but the feeling of being manipulated, lied to, and generally unwanted tend to be the norm.

Sorry for the sudden negativity, but this has been gnawing at me for the past several years with more regularity with each time I try to find a community to join.

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Aeiteil Strand - 06-16-2013

I am new, and you might not want to listen to what I have to say about RP, but I will say it anyway Smile

Just like in life, it is what you make of it. There are people in real life, just as in RP, that will lie, manipulate, and generally not want you. It hurts, but it is a fact of life and you just move on. If person A. is a poop to you, just go with it and hope to make other friends.

Despite all of that, most of this community seems to have characters and personalities that show signs of friendship. As with my character at least, if you are nice to her, she will be nice to you.

^ So there is at least one good experience coming towards you!

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Aysun - 06-16-2013

Welcome. I hope your experience with this community is a good one. Smile

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Dehqon - 06-21-2013

I still have an open mind for Linkshells, but when I poked around the listings it looked like the ones I was most interested in were already closed to recruitment. If anyone could suggest one that could help people learn about the setting, I'd be really happy.

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Dehqon - 06-25-2013

After a rather depressing conversation on the Skype convo, it feels like there's something I should add.

I'd like to have relationship options for Inja, or whatever character I end up playing, since I'm fed up of RPing with walls while surrounded by roleplayers. I mean this in a literal way, I have had characters talk to walls after going to multiple RP hubs only to be ignored completely because he or she was the only person NOT already in a relationship of some kind.

I've seen and heard how supportive this community is, but most of me is screaming that nobody would be in favor of taking the time to get to know a nwe character played by someone still figuring the setting out when there are easier, more experienced options out there.

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - faceman7381 - 06-25-2013

[quote pid=29127 dateline=1372211548]

but most of me is screaming that nobody would be in favor of taking the time to get to know a nwe character played by someone still figuring the setting out when there are easier, more experienced options out there.
[/quote]
I would.

I don't say that to seem cool, or because it sounds nice.

Trust is earned.  Try me.  I'll prove that I was in favor.

Contact me.

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Orlog - 06-25-2013

(06-16-2013, 04:58 PM)Dehqon Wrote: It just hit me that I should probably mention that I've had countless bad experiences with RP communities as a whole and even RPers on a more individual basis. There have been a few shining examples of good friends to be made, but the feeling of being manipulated, lied to, and generally unwanted tend to be the norm.

Laugh

I feel you there, no doubt. A lot of people within RP communities tend to take my directness as a sort of hostility, when in reality I'm actually a pretty shy and timid individual. It's actually pretty amusing to see.

In any case, welcome to the board!

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Elkabong419 - 06-25-2013

*places a pie down* Welcome!

RE: New to Final Fantasy, but not RP - Dehqon - 06-26-2013

Oooh, pie? What kind? Pumpkin? Apple? Berry? Oooh, a chocolate ice cream pie with a graham cracker crust? Now I'm hungry Cry