Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help (/showthread.php?tid=20995)

[Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help - gardenofvines89 - 11-25-2017

Greetings, everyone!

I'm a veteran RPer for many years now, and I've known about FFXIV since before it's launch. I actually pre-ordered the game, made a character, then never touched it again since. I've now returned and I have no idea what I'm doing. It seems this MMO is quite different from the others, and my stack of questions about gameplay and RP alike keeps growing. I'd appreciate a helping hand and some new friends to help me out. I hope to meet a lot of you and find my place in this community.

Cheers.

RE: [Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help - Unnamed Mercenary - 11-25-2017

Hiya there and welcome to the RPC!

What kinds of questions are you looking to have answered? Feel free to ask any general gameplay/RP convention stuff here and in their respective discussion forums (FFXIV Discussion and RP Discussion) for specific topics.

If you're looking for lore or character building assistance, we've got forums for those too, over in Lore Discussion and Character Workshop!

RE: [Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help - Gegenji - 11-25-2017

Well, to start with the positives - it seems like you got a character onto Balmung well before it got locked down! It's not the only RP server, obviously - there's Mateus and Omega (EU) as well as other scattered communities across other servers - but it probably has the biggest population of players on it.

As for your questions, there's a whole bevvy of knowledge in our RP and Lore Discussion sections, as well as people asking questions in the Character Workshop threads. I'd definitely say get your start there - especially looking for posts by our resident loremaster Sounsyy - but feel free to open your own thread with any specific questions you have (or just ask in here!).

As for finding folks to play with, there's the Making Connections section - where you can make your own thread or check out other people's and see who might catch your interest! And, of course, there's always the wikis to browse as well!

Hopefully you'll find some good advice and good folks to RP with!

RE: [Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help - Saravahn - 11-25-2017

A good way to get answers is to find a home with helpful people,as well. The fourth and fifth links on the top menu there will take you to the free companies (guilds) and linkshell (extra chats ) pages. You can sort them by server for easier searching. (I'd link them myself, but on my phone and it doesn't play well with this site unfortunately. )

Might be a good way to get your feet wet, so to speak, by joining one that sounds like the type of RP you'd like to get involved in.

Either way, welcome back to the addiction!

RE: [Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help - Lady_Witcher - 11-25-2017

If i knew Balmung was the unofficial Rp server... i would have started on it... but i joined Malboro because i had a friend on it... *sighs* i wish i could find Rpers on this server...

RE: [Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help - Nebbs - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 08:19 PM)Lady_Witcher Wrote: If i knew Balmung was the unofficial Rp server... i would have started on it... but i joined Malboro because i had a friend on it... *sighs* i wish i could find Rpers on this server...

There are other RP servers than Balmung, and with Balmung closed some would say the focus is moving. Mateus seems to be doing well, and there others. Check out the Free Company lists as some idea of how much (link on the menu above)

RE: [Balmung] Experienced RPer Needs Help - Nebbs - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 01:32 PM)gardenofvines89 Wrote: Greetings, everyone!

I'm a veteran RPer for many years now, and I've known about FFXIV since before it's launch. I actually pre-ordered the game, made a character, then never touched it again since. I've now returned and I have no idea what I'm doing. It seems this MMO is quite different from the others, and my stack of questions about gameplay and RP alike keeps growing. I'd appreciate a helping hand and some new friends to help me out. I hope to meet a lot of you and find my place in this community.

Cheers.

Welcome, no time like now to start on this game. Soooo much content awaits you.

As well as asking here I would check out the Linkshells, there are several setup to be helpful. Also an active Free Company ion your timezone would be a great way to get support.