Hydaelyn Role-Players
From Beta, To Noob, To RP on Mateus - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: From Beta, To Noob, To RP on Mateus (/showthread.php?tid=20846)

From Beta, To Noob, To RP on Mateus - Avci - 10-29-2017

I was an original Beta-tester for V.1, then also got to test V.2.  I would have come earlier, but I was a long time resident of Vana'diel (and all my friends there) which caused a delay.  Well, although I've been vested in XI for a long time now, it's time to move on.  I really like the casual nature that ffxiv offers (I have a job you know), not to mention the possibility for RP that XI never seemed to grasp (despite such great opportunity).

And with that, let it commence:  My sister and I (Avci) took the boat to Eorzea somewhat recently.  Being from a family of healers, I've begun to settle in as a Conjurer in the woods of Gridania.  My sister plans to remain in Limsa Lominsa since apparently she can further her rainbow rodent "Carby" there... A pirate den of all places... Yeah, I feel good about that.

Yet regardless, it seems that if we are to succeed in our new home, we must become skilled healers/supporters in Eorzea.  It is our heritage after all.  Raise FTW...

RE: From Beta, To Noob, To RP on Mateus - PSDuckie - 10-29-2017

Welcome to FF14 RP!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

I would definitely be interested in having my characters meet yours.  Tyll'a recently lived in the Gridania area, and all of my characters currently live in the Limsa area.

Also, I lead a small FC called Starlight Company.  If you want more information or want to join, just let me know!

RE: From Beta, To Noob, To RP on Mateus - Avci - 10-31-2017

I've had some time to observe the community on Mateus.  In my own way. So before leaving Limsa Lominsa for Gridania to meet with the Conjurers there, I needed to observe the local community.  I am leaving my Sis there after all.  So from the morn' we observed and learned about the local Mateus community.
Ä°mage

Avci:  Fascinating.  I see groups marked with RP in their name.  The audacity marks the acceptance of this realm!
Remi:  Umm, but you're just staring awkwardly at everyone.  I know you over analyze and all, but don't you just need to actually say "hello?"
Ä°mage

Remi:  At least just /wave... I mean just look at everyone's pets! "Hello! /wave".  "/poke.  Oh he's so neat!"  "/cheer Such a great name for your pet!"
Ä°mage

Remi:  ...Everyone totally thinks we're a couple because we have the same last name... This is so weird...
Ä°mage

Avci:  Such a healthy population, so many people, sprouts, and a lively RP community.  Folks in the community openly greeted and enjoyed each others company in a way even I could see from the outside.  My sitting on a bench self saw as much. Therefore, I will stick to my normal mode of operations and just naturally fall into a group here in game.  We appreciate all offers, but is best to naturally meet in game.  Which begs the question, the RP emblem I've seen twice now... Is this a status one can place next to their name?  I am most intrigued.
Remi:  So You're going to make things awkward and difficult again aren't you?
Avci:  Of course!
Remi: *face palm*

Looking forward to encountering folks the old school way.  As a gimp of course.  Tis' my way.

RE: From Beta, To Noob, To RP on Mateus - Kamome - 11-04-2017

This is a really cute post, above. ^^

Welcome to Mateus! I’m also a former XI player (who still constantly keeps calling Lalas Tarus...) who is RPing in Mateus. Feel free to add me as a friend in-game. My character name is Kamome Greywing! On Discord I am Kamome#7964 if you use that too!