Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello again. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello again. (/showthread.php?tid=2043)

Pages: 1 2

Hello again. - Dogberry - 05-30-2013

Hey. I just found this place again after a friend linked me to it. I posted a bit before 1.0 and figured I'd reactivate my old account in anticipation of 2.0. I didn't get to actually play during 1.0, as I was waiting for the PS3 version. Nowadays I've joined the PC Gaming Master Race, so I don't have to wait anymore.

Anways, hi, folks. I know some of my old FFXI RP buddies from Canta Per Me are around here somewhere. This is Reinbach. Oi oi!

RE: Hello again. - Merri - 05-30-2013

Yo. Welcome back.

Good to have you.

RE: Hello again. - Xenedra - 05-30-2013

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Bach :D <3. Hi :>. All the smiles belong to me right now. How are yooou~!

RE: Hello again. - Weffrey - 05-31-2013

Nice to meet you!

RE: Hello again. - Alothia - 05-31-2013

Welcome back! It's always good to see some returning faces~!

RE: Hello again. - Dogberry - 05-31-2013

(05-30-2013, 11:00 PM)Xenedra Wrote: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Bach Big Grin <3. Hi :>. All the smiles belong to me right now. How are yooou~!

Xene! My sister from another mister! I assume you're here, being awesome as always. OMG, we have to catch up with each other soon! I'm really excited to get the old band back together for this!

I will be continuing my usual Nautical Nonsense, but with probably less swagger and flim-flammery than Reinbach. I'll be playing a Sea Wolf Roedagyn who was a harpooner at sea before becoming an adventurer. More Moby Dick than Treasure Island this time around.

RE: Hello again. - Eva - 05-31-2013

Welcome welcome!  Always good to see more roegs in the mix!  Angel

RE: Hello again. - allgivenover - 05-31-2013

Baaaccch~ Good to see you here.

Oi oi, there's a few Canta Per Me peeps from long ago around. Myself among them.

RE: Hello again. - Dogberry - 05-31-2013

(05-31-2013, 04:34 PM)allgivenover Wrote: Baaaccch~ Good to see you here.

Oi oi, there's a few Canta Per Me peeps from long ago around. Myself among them.

Hey man!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

RE: Hello again. - Aysun - 05-31-2013

Welcome back! I must say I am exceedingly amused by your Roegadyn-ized version of "Dogberry." Big Grin

RE: Hello again. - Xenedra - 06-01-2013

I don't know how I feel 'bout Nautical Nonsense without Flim-Flam... I suppose I'll have to give it a suspicious try.. : P. So long as we're in the city that SE clearly made for us!

RE: Hello again. - Renna - 06-01-2013

Welcome aboard!

RE: Hello again. - Dogberry - 06-02-2013

(05-31-2013, 10:05 PM)Aysun Wrote: Welcome back! I must say I am exceedingly amused by your Roegadyn-ized version of "Dogberry." Big Grin

Dogberry is absolutely one of my favorite Shakespearian characters. I've been wanting to use the name in something for a while.

Xene: Limsa Lominsa is definitely our city. Clearly SE watches everything we do. Like when I made Reinbach and then FFXII comes out and has a crappy version of him as a protagonist. As much as I loved Reinbach and miss playing him, I just don't think I have it in me emotionally to play anything like that kid again.

RE: Hello again. - Uther - 06-02-2013

I don't know who you are but you've brought up Moby Dick, Treasure Island, and Shakespeare since you've created this thread. As a huge fan and collector of classic literature, I have to say I'm excited to see what you come up with for your character.

Also, just noticed your signature.

I've also seen Megadeth in concert twice.

RE: Hello again. - Dogberry - 06-02-2013

(06-02-2013, 07:19 PM)Abodo Wrote: I don't know who you are but you've brought up Moby Dick, Treasure Island, and Shakespeare since you've created this thread. As a huge fan and collector of classic literature, I have to say I'm excited to see what you come up with for your character.

Also, just noticed your signature.

I've also seen Megadeth in concert twice.

And we both have Dragoon character concepts. Hello, internet doppleganger.

I just really like to read. All kinds of books. I will admit I read more cyberpunk and historical fantasy than anything else, but I really take time to read the classics, and Moby Dick is absolutely one of my favorites. I especially like stories about the sea. Moby Dick, Treasure Island, Horatio Hornblower, etc. I grew up on and around the water, and always dreamed about sailing.

Also, Megadeth is awesome. I saw them only once, back in 2004 with Exodus. That was an amazing show. "High Speed Dirt", in addition to being the unofficial song of the US Airborne, is the perfect fight song for Dragoons in my opinion.