Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Y'uraq Tia - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Y'uraq Tia (/showthread.php?tid=20056)

Y'uraq Tia - Y'uraq Tia - 07-09-2017

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Y'uraq Tia
  • Primary character: Y'uraq Tia
  • Linkshells: N/A
  • Primary RP linkshell: N/A

II. RP Style 

1. Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy): Light======Medium====V=Heavy
  • I consider myself to be a heavy roleplayer. I'm a sucker for immersion, character development and story continuity I also consider as a dynamic roleplayer, this means that I keep my IC and OOC knowledge between myself and Y'uraq well apart, this keeps the fourth wall nice and sturdy.
  • This also means that I do not, and will not do or accept any 'fast forwarding of major character developments' between Y'uraq and your characters or permit 'metagaming' of any sort.
  • With that said, I stick to continuity as true as possible to all developments i've made since November 2014
  • I am an M/RPer, meaning I am fine with the possibility of being part of a story arc that includes violence, sexuality, drug / alcohol use, dramatic, obscene aspects, scenes and plot points. In addition, I am fine with Y'uraq facing his own moments of weakness, and defeat. However, keep in mind I do not want to have this happening every day/week/month. I expect these to be nothing more than certain scenes and important plot points and helping someone progress their story development and/or my own.
  • I RP in the third person, i try to be as descriptive in my emotes as possible (4-7 lines, or even 2 or 3+ posts depending on what's going on before i'll be done with my turn.
  • Due to the length of some scenes taking potentially longer than a couple of hours or even depending on the span of time. This is where OOC discussions to establish a time lapse after a scene without disrupting each other's stories is the only exception to my 'fast forwarding' rule above.
  • 'Retconning' is only limited to retyping a post before giving other people in the scene a chance to respond. Otherwise, I will not negotiate it. Part of character development is things may not always work out perfectly, but it's up to your character to overcome the obstacles presented by their actions. Own up to the consequences!
  • In addition, if an aspect of RP makes you uncomfortable in a scene we're playing, please send me a /tell, letting me know. Communication is very important, more important than potentially keeping immersion.
  • I reserve the right not to engage or RP with someone I wish to avoid. This goes back to the whole "dynamic" RP thing, forced and unwanted interactions are never a good thing.
  • Unless it's been prearranged and planned to use a specific dungeon location for RP (ie: haukke manor, tam-tara, etc.) I am never IC during a PvE duty / raid

2. Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • Even though Y'uraq is no stranger to combat and danger, he will do seek avoid combat and prevent danger outside of a regulated duel or spar. He will however draw his available weapon in defense of himself and those around him should he need to.
  • My preferred style of combat are standard tabletop style (emote your attack, /roll to determine a hit or miss) RNGesus is fun,
  • But I can also do combat based entirely on emotes and writing and see how things would develop through our characters own abilities and circumstances.
  • As far as injuries go, I'm personally okay with Y'uraq getting injured after facing intense combat.
  • This is a world where there are conjurers at our disposal with the power to either instantly heal, or assist in an accelerated healing process. the most I'd incapacitate Y'uraq is a couple of days to weeks depending circumstances wrought.
  • I frown at meta/auta RP combat.

3. Views on IC romance:
  • Y'uraq would welcome the possibility of romance in his life, though he's not actively seeking a romantic relationship.
  • IC romances can be very interesting prospect for some strong character development, also it's just sweet in general and I welcome it. But I would rather it be something a little more "organic" and not something forced or pre-scripted. Like letting said relationship evolve naturally if it's something meant to be.

4. Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • Y'uraq was once on the lookout for finding his lost family and fellow tribe members, but has since learned all of his direct tribe members were killed or missing since the calamity. These surviving tribe members are all designated NPCs i've developed for his personal story.
  • With that said he is only a Y by blood on his sire's side. His tribe branched off from the Y's before resettling anew. but because they're all dead. He identifies as "Y'uraq" as bid to hang on to his ancestral identity
  • But I'm always up for making new contacts and develop unique and interesting relationship between our characters.
  • Since i've started RP'ing 3 years ago, Y'uraq has had: students, mentors, rivals, friends, and enemies.

5. Views on lore:

• The lore behind FFXIV is amazing and i love it! with that said, I am okay with light lore-bending. If the lore does not explicitly state something cannot be done and you have a valid reason for doing it then I have no problem. I have some of my own head cannon that fills in areas where the lore team was not as detailed as I and others would like, the gray areas that are perfect for bending without breaking. However, complete disregard for lore limits and continuity is not okay.

6. Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • /s is strictly IC unless OOC brackets
    /p is mostly OoC unless specifically designated for RP (private RP'ing in busy and crowded areas)
    /fc is OOC for FC members
    /linkshell is IC unless stated otherwise
    /sh, /y, and /w are all IC unless brackets are added.

III. Character

[Image: fQ0oUZb.png]
  • Name: Y'uraq Tia
  • Race, Clan: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun
  • Professions: Voidsent Hunter, Duelist, Adventurer, Aspiring artisan
  • More on his wiki!: Y'uraq's Wiki

IV. Other Info

• Timezone: EST (GMT-4)
  • Contact info: In-game, this forum, discord Y'uraq#7007