Hydaelyn Role-Players
Character References - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Character References (/showthread.php?tid=1999)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Character References - DSCH - 07-09-2013

I will tentatively be playing a Miqo'te Seeker of the Sun. My first RP character in an MMO, so I'm still working out details about personality and whatnot.

A reproduction of her:
Show Content
She is a Gladiator here, but I will most likely choose archer starting in Phase 4.

RE: Character References - LeCard - 07-14-2013

I'm not very good an getting art on the computer, but I do enjoy seeing art of my characters. I only got a basic head shot of Rogier so far, since he is an arcanist. I don't want to make anything absolute until I can make a character with arcanist class, and hopefully by then some viable long hair option will be give for male Duskwights.

Race: Duskwight Elezen
Height: Very Short (by Elzen standards bordering on sickly). ~ 6 fulms, 3 ilms.
Weight: Less than average. ~138 ponz.
Body: Short by Elzen standards and sickly in appearance.
Hair: Ink Blue with Aether Blue Highlights
Eyes: Aether Blue
Skin: Fair.

My only screen cap is my avatar.
[Image: index.php?title=File:Rogier.jpg]

RE: Character References - Torn Sky - 07-18-2013

Torn Sky
IMGUR album

Torn Sky is in her forties, and has the beginnings of crow's feet and winkles beneath her eyes. Her face is long and thin-featured with a prominent nose. She also often has dark circles from an often interrupted sleep pattern.

The symbol on her forehead somewhat resembles a sideways eye with curved lines radiating from it. She wears practical coats for adventuring with lots of pockets for storage, laden with additional bags and a utility belt. Her civilian clothing is generally composed more of draped robes, sashes, shawls, and cowls - things that make her look somewhat priestly.

Show Content

Teague Greytide
IMGUR album

Teague's facial scars are gnarlier than the in-game character creation allows for, but his looks are otherwise true to his model. His disposition is generally cheerful and he works at the chocobo stables in Limsa Lominsa.

Show Content

RE: Character References - lady2beetle - 07-18-2013

I have absolutely no artistic ability, and I'm honestly not sure exactly what my character looks like. I have a few details, though, and I would love to find out how some of you would interpret her!

Name: Runa Dawning
Race: Hyur midlander
Origin: Garlean Empire
Previous profession: Magitek mechanic
Current profession: Miner/smith

[Updated] Appearance
  • Height: 4 Fm, 8 Im
  • Weight: 95 Pz
  • Body: Small figure, likely built for crawling into small spaces when working on machines
  • Hair: Dark auburn, medium length and pulled back in a messy tie to keep it out of her face
  • Eyes: Hazel to green, depending on the light
  • Skin: Tanned with freckles
  • Clothing: Khaki trousers of a thick canvas-like working material. Light weight tunic under a vest of midnight blue. Brown leather jacket and a leather tool belt that hangs off her hip. A weathered brown cap shoved down over her hair in a messy but endearing fashion. Thick leather work boots and a leather pack slung over her shoulder.
If that inspires you at all, I'd love to see it. Maybe you'll inspire me!

References I've used:
Mechanic Girl - I like the hair color, and the toolbelts. I'm considering the tattoo.
Mechanic - I like the way the hair is pulled back all messy-like. The toolbelt is also good.
Steampunk girl
Steampunk mechanic - I like these clothes, especially the pants.

RE: Character References - Jijinji - 07-21-2013

Aegon Holt
[Image: aegonscale_by_richardksj-d6ej2l9.png]

Race: Hyur
Clan: Midlander
Height: 6'4"
Body Size/Type: Fit/Athletic - Semi Built
Eyes: Teal
Hair: Dark Red with orange highlights
Features: Slanted Scar across left eye, Dark Green tattoo next to his right eye, vertical scar down his left shoulder.
Personality: Somewhat quite to strangers (can be chatty with people he knows) but very friendly with a determined demeanor.

Imgur Reference Album

RE: Character References - Flamel Eldgamel - 07-21-2013

[Image: T9Zctvn.jpg]
Name: Flamel Eldgamel
Race: Lalafell
Clan: Plainsfolk
Class: Thaumaturge (Ignore the axe in the pic)
Height: 3'2"
Weight: 70ish (I'm kind of lost on this. He's not really rotund. Slightly thinner than most lalas I guess.)
Build: Not super muscular, but has faint lines.
Hair: Dark green, with brown highlights; kind of in his face, and pulled back into a small ponytail. Dark green soul patch as well.
Eyes: Lavender
Personality: Intelligent, scholarly, calm and collected. Lightweight drinker, who becomes much more open when drinking. He tries to steer clear of the drink because he feels it makes him 'stupid.'
Hobbies: Reading! Also, thaumaturgy.
Quirks: Always puts on a pair of spectacles when reading, writing, or doing business work. Also has both ears pierced twice, with rings.

I can't draw worth crap. So I'd love to see him brought to life at the hands of an artist.

RE: Character References - Brom - 07-25-2013

Oh snap! This is a thing! I have legitimately no talent (and no desire to learn) when it comes to art, but I'd love to see some "fan" art of my character. (I put fan in quotes because my character doesn't exactly have fans.)

Here is a whole imgur album of references! http://imgur.com/a/csAYW

Name: Rhu'to Brom

Race: Miqo'te

Subspecies: Keeper of the Moon

Class: Lancer (though he is ICly retired from most forms of combat)

Age: Hyur equivalent of 28 years (Miqo'te years are iffy...)

Height: On the taller side for Miqo'te, putting him at about... 5'6"?

Weight/Build: He's pretty damned thin - not sickly thin - but more like often-forgets-to-eat-meals thin. His muscles are also pretty toned as well, he keeps himself pretty fit due to his line of work.

Hair: Navy blue, medium-length, extending to 3/4 of the way down his neck and is naturally slicked back into a spike pattern in the back. He has a neatly trimmed beard- really the only thing on him that it appears he puts any effort into at all.

Eyes: Bright vibrant amber.

Personality: Extremely Intelligent, but often gruff, brooding, or generally melancholy. Brom is always looking to solve a puzzle, even when there's no puzzle to solve. He surrounds himself with mysteries and gets bored with them the moment they're no longer mysterious. Because he is so focused on his work, he's convinced himself that he has no time, or there is no point, in being polite to people - so he simply doesn't, unless it serves his own agenda. He is often too wrapped up in his own work to pay any attention to the people around him, though when he does, he can't keep himself from analyzing them. He is notoriously difficult to please. He hasn't been 'happy' in years.

Hobbies: Because he constantly keeps his brain at work, in his time off, Brom has learned a multitude of instruments and a fair amount of languages, as well as various other random un-useful talents; for example, he can balance any two objects on one another just from a moment's inspection.

RE: Character References - Ares D'Argent - 07-26-2013

Name: Artorias Rivendare

Race: Hyur (Garlean Empire origin)

Class: Lancer/Dragoon

Height: 6'1

Weight/Build: Artorias has a medium but defined build due to his years of soldiering for the Empire.

Hair: He carries a mane of shoulder length platinum blonde hair with the bangs reaching down to his cheeks.  A few rogue strands tend to curl along his jawline.

Eyes: Deep sea green.

Personality: During his time with the Empire, Artorias often kept a serious and professional air around him.  He rarely allowed circumstances to control his actions and instead did what needed to be done to accomplish his tasks.  After leaving the Empire the Lancer took on more of a quiet and reserved demeanor often keeping to himself for fear of being discovered for his previous affiliations.  At times though he has shown a fiery attitude in response to the teasing he receives from his work partner, especially when he gets into an argument with her.

When it comes to combat, Artorias does retain his seriousness and professionalism and tends to take the lead if situation calls for it.  More often than not however, he is happy to keep the silent soldier facade and just destroy whatever targets come his way.

Pic reference:  Considering the fact that this game doesn't have the hairstyle I desire for male Hyur, the closest thing I can think of is Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV and Dissidia.

[youtube]4mTzC5_xAC0[/youtube]

[Image: Front.JPG]

RE: Character References - Nova - 07-27-2013

Dustyn Callite

Race: Miqo'te: Seeker of the Sun

Height: Short for a Miqo'te

Body: On the small side, runt of the family. Lithe figure,built for moving quickly rather than for strength (If that makes sense. Think Cheetah, but with a little more meat on her bones)

Hair: Black with red high lights. Goes just below hershoulders but always pulled back either into a lose braid or messy bun (subject to change)

Eyes: Bright Green

Skin: A light Pale (Think Irish)

Scars: A vertical one across her right eye, Diagonal one onher left cheek, and a large scar above her left hip from a Garlean gunblade … thingy  

Clothing: Usually darker colors, blue, red, or green. Clotheslose enough to be able to move easily and quickly but tight enough wouldn't get caught on things. she has a small ring she keeps on a chain around her neck. 

Random tidbits: Loves to read, grew up in Sharlayan, eventually moved to La Noscea, makes arrows, likes to swim, loves climbing to the very top of trees.

Show Content

RE: Character References - Kaed Farsight - 07-27-2013

I don't have a very clear image in my head of my character yet so if anyone decides to brink him to life in a picture, i'd be glad to see how they see him.

Name: Kaed Farsight
Race: Hyur Midlander
Primary class(s): Summoner(Arcanist)

--Appearance--

Hair: Mid length, straight but messy. Light reddish blonde in color.
Eyes: Dark amber/brown color.
Face: Thin but generally cute albeit a bit feminine.
Height: 5 fulms 11 ilms.
Weight: Around 140 ponz.
Build: Thin, not very muscled but still looks healthy.
Skin: Clean and smooth for the most part, just a bit pale.
Scars: There is evidence of some long healed burns that can be seen along his right arm and right side but they are hard to see. There are a couple scars on his chest and back from battle but not enough to identify him as someone who's seen a lot of combat.
Clothing: Prefers loose fitting and comfortable clothing; generally wears wait length or longer jackets or robes. Color wise, he likes shades of white to dark grey but can also be seen in shades of red, orange and brown with the occasional black.
Demeanor: Normally rather upbeat and cheerful. He tends to greet people with a smile and a wave.

I hope if this catches any artists eye, that they can get as much enjoyment out of drawing him as i would of seeing the picture.

RE: Character References - Tyriont - 07-27-2013

Tyriont Gaidal

Appearance

Show Content

Height Ty is average height for a male Elezen.

Build Ty is lean, but fairly muscled. The type of physique you would expect from someone who spends a decent amount of time at sea.

Skin Weathered and tanned, again from a life at sea.

Scars As seen in the close-up pic, one diagonal scar below his left eye. When shirtless, numerous scars across his back and waist that resemble lash marks.

Clothing See picture. Loose fitting, prefers red shirts.

Expressions Flirtatious/seductive. Confident. Alternately, panicked and running away from something.

RE: Character References - Orlog - 07-28-2013

I suppose I should finally get around to filling one of these out...

[Image: JbV7Gmn.jpg]

Name: Beatric Reid
Race: Roegadyn, Sea Wolves
Primary class(s): Summoner, Bard, Scholar.

Hair: Short, scruffy and unkempt. It's grey and a couple of shapes darker than their skin, but not too much. She also has a patch of white at her bangs.
Eyes: Bright turquoise.
Notable Features: A large scarification piece on her face that almost covers it completely. Also usually sporting a smudge of ash in the middle of her forehead and possibly a septum clicker.
Clothing: Typically robes, anything loose fitting or items that would just make sense at the time. She's not picky, but just practical.
Expressions: Concentrating, smug, 1,000 yard stare.

Some Arts:
Spoiler: show
[Image: 65KYoen.png]
[Image: UzF12d4.jpg?1]

RE: Character References - Mara - 07-29-2013

Name: Mara Sutton
Race: Hyur Midlander
Date of Birth: 32nd Sun of the 5th Umbral moon (10/31 - Halloween)
Guardian Deity: Rhalgr, the Destroyer
Profession: Pirate; Captain of The Bonny Rose; Treasure Hunter; Head of the Sutton Trading Company in Ul'dah
In-Game Classes: Thaumaturge, Black Mage... Possibly Summoner later on down the line. Goldsmith.
Skin: Fair
Scars: Mara sports no noticeably visible scars, and carefully hides those she does have - circular markings around both of her wrists and ankles - from public view. She achieves this either by use of long sleeves and skirts/trousers or by wearing wristbands, bracelets, gloves, shoes, or whatever sort of other accessories she can get her hands on to cover the markings in order to avoid questions about their origins.
Hair: Dark brown, falling just below her shoulders, with a slight natural wave to it.
Eyes: Green
Build: Mara stands a little below-average for a Hyur Midlander female, coming in around 5'3", and weighs in at approximately 120 lbs. While rather petite, she has what many call an "hourglass figure." While not very muscular she has a sort of lean, graceful physique which has matured greatly in recent years from the body of a girl to one of a woman.
Demeanor: Seductive, flirty... Generally smirking and jovial, but occasionally one can catch a glimpse of her looking like she's in a very dark place in her mind.
Clothing Style: When not wearing the typical robes of a mage, Mara is usually seen out and about town - especially at night - in skimpier outfits which show off her figure. She is certainly not above using her "assets" to get what she wants from men.
Possible Depictions: Wearing a pirate hat with while holding a ball of fire in one hand and smirking; winking while leaning over a table to gather her winnings from a game of cards; bent at the waist, flashing her cleavage while blowing a kiss; in a heated verbal argument with Zarek... or locked in a passionate embrace with him, depending on the day

Reference Pictures:

Show Content

RE: Character References - Jonexe - 07-31-2013

As requested by Abai...

Name: Thaseus Voltemand
Race: Hyur Highlander
Profession: Gambler/Odd-Job Taker

Appearance:
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 255lbs
Body: Muscled, but not ripped/built. Good muscle definition and tone.
Hair: Dull black fading to a dark grey at the tips. Very shaggy and unkept; though it doesn't go down past his collar. He also has a scruffy, full beard; though it's kept close to the skin.
Eyes: Vibrant Teal
Skin: Very tanned
Other stuff: He has a small scar on his right cheek. A large, dark green tattoo on the right side.
Clothing: Workman's leathers; well worn but not tattered. Leather gloves that are fingerless, but were clearly not that way to begin with. Thick leather traveler's/soldier's boots. Belt with several pouches.

Basically, here's a picture.
Show Content

RE: Character References - Nahue - 07-31-2013

Nahue Tanner

Height: 5 fulms 8 ilms.
Weight: ~145 ponz.
Body: Slender yet toned.
Hair: Silver with platinum highlights. Scruffy.
Eyes: Silver.
Skin: Light Chocolate
Scars/Markings: Where his right arm used to be is now a stump. There is a large scar on his upper arm where it was severed. In public, he uses a prosthetic, wearing his overcoat and a glove to hide the injury.
Clothes: Standard clothes for a mechanic. Usually just overalls, a pair of work boots, gloves, and goggles.
Demeanor: Nahue is a warm and friendly individual when with someone he knows. When he is around strangers or large groups of people he is very shy, rigid and introverted. He will keep to himself and stick to observing unless spoken to. He is a very curious person, often asking many questions and being nosy.

Show Content