Hydaelyn Role-Players
Simultaneous Logout Measures - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Simultaneous Logout Measures (/showthread.php?tid=19897)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Warren Castille - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 04:28 PM)SicketySix Wrote: Like I said, feel free to cut in front of me.

Also, single parent who works both a full and occasional part time job here, and I see no need to cut through a queue line. Is it frustrating? Hell yes! Do I feel the need to queue myself in and sit AFK until I get home and screw over everyone else trying to log in? Nope.

Queues have been busted since the first morning of Early Access. Have you gotten to play at all, and have you needed to adjust your sleep schedule to manage it? Not snark, legitimately curious. Every afternoon from EST to late night PST has had 2-4 hour queues and most people I know just don't bother if they show up to a 3200 person line.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Val - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 04:22 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 04:18 PM)SicketySix Wrote: Honestly, if you are that pathetic that you need to run a startup script to put you back into FFXIV at the soonest possible moment or you miss out on precious game time, feel free to butt your way right in front of me. This game is obviously paramount in your life and you probably couldn't survive without it.

No way in hell am i waiting for 3 hours of my 5 hours off work to play a game. You can be sure as hell I'm going to remotely try logging in from work so that I can be greeted by a smaller queue when I get home.

FFXIV has a handful of third party launchers. Some of them were to launch the game using WINE on Linux. (Google it.)

It goes back to the "I'm still paying for this subscription" mentality. Sure, I could just play on another server, but if I'm not going to be able to socialize with the people I want to socialize with, why am I paying that sub? I might as well just hang out with them in person.

This. Time is money. Time is precious. Time is something you can't get back and is why I take my own time very seriously. And if people want to use a remote connection to log in and they have the know-how and ability to? Let them. Idgaf if it's fair or not. Learn how to do it if people have problems with it. I do have other things I can play/do, but when I'm gearing up for a raid/whatever and it requires me to be able to play/farm things and I can't, that causes actual issues.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - SicketySix - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 04:32 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 04:28 PM)SicketySix Wrote: Like I said, feel free to cut in front of me.

Also, single parent who works both a full and occasional part time job here, and I see no need to cut through a queue line. Is it frustrating? Hell yes! Do I feel the need to queue myself in and sit AFK until I get home and screw over everyone else trying to log in? Nope.

Queues have been busted since the first morning of Early Access. Have you gotten to play at all, and have you needed to adjust your sleep schedule to manage it? Not snark, legitimately curious. Every afternoon from EST to late night PST has had 2-4 hour queues and most people I know just don't bother if they show up to a 3200 person line.
Ultimately it comes down to "just a game" to me. And I don't mean it like one of those "Ha, nerds. Just a game..." types. I love FFXIV and I play it more then I think I even should. Hell I'd even say I'm a HUGE nerd for it. But I get home at 5pm and log in, sit through a 3hr queue and play the remaining few hours I have. So no I've not had to alter my sleep schedule for it. Queues have never been more then about 3,500 for me. Luckily. I just wait pateintly and do other things while waiting my turn.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Aaron - 06-28-2017

TFW you just nap during your Que and normally when you awaken you're up to log in.

Jesus I feel like I'm taking my luck for granted now

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Val - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 04:43 PM)Aaron Wrote: TFW you just nap during your Que and normally when you awaken you're up to log in.

ngl I've taken naps and had Faye call/text me when she sees me log in. Undecided

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - GhostlyMaiden - 06-28-2017

Just a friendly mod reminder to please keep things civil. This is a very strong subject and its nice to see so much discussion over it; however, please be responsible and keep the rules in mind when posting.

Thank you!

(06-28-2017, 04:46 PM)Val Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 04:43 PM)Aaron Wrote: TFW you just nap during your Que and normally when you awaken you're up to log in.

ngl I've taken naps and had Faye call/text me when she sees me log in. Undecided

If only we all had good friends like that!Thumbsup

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Fox - 06-28-2017

I don't know; considering the fact I deal with a commute that is and has been almost two hours lately due to really bad issues with BART (our subway here; friday it caught on fire monday it was flooded and has had issues the past month+ with mass delays)... I'm not seeing what the problem is waiting in line two hours while you're not actively in game (afking) and spending that wait time during your commute. The SO leaves work at 4pm and doesn't get home til 7 if we're lucky; and by the time that we have to go to bed which is like 10pm he has to get up at 4am to go to work again. If queues are nice we get 'rewarded' with 30 minute gametime after 2+hours of queuing. I don't really see this as pathetic, people have IRL to deal with. And if you're not actively afking I do not see the issue.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - GhostlyMaiden - 06-28-2017

I've done the same for a friend of mine and vice-versa. Though, there were times I was booted mid-que and didn't know about it for an hour. >.<

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Desu Nee - 06-28-2017

I'm not shy from using the exploits, but I mostly use them around peak times. I know, perpetuating the cycle, but if I'm 90kd, then I might as well just turn it off and go to sleep, because in no way I can relog in 4 hours and want to play again.

I don't leave Balmung because of the friends I've made here, we all have our reasons. It's probably selfish, but I wanna play the game :/

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Desu Nee - 06-28-2017

Althought I never leave it for more than 2+ Hours. More than that, and I'll just log off.

I'll admit that saying a person was pathetic for doing it was probably a bit harsh and could of been worded a little better. So for that I apologize.

But my view of it still pretty much remains the same. Frowned upon, though in complete honesty I could maybe see why someone would do this, but it's just not for me.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - CallmeYahweh - 06-28-2017

I'm low key worried that because I work later than the general work day in the US that I will be greeted by the same multithousand queue we've always had because everyone else will already be logged back in.

I'm a dirty queue dodger and I won't even try and hide it. I work full time and run my own side business. I'm not waiting for three to four hours in a queue after a full day of work so I can log in and then immediately log out and go to bed.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Drej - 06-28-2017

I took advantage of the AFK exploits. Not even going to sugarcoat it. It's either that or fall asleep waiting for 3-4 hours to log in only to immediately log out after an hour for bed. 
So I'm pretty worried now that I actually won't get to play much at all for the next month or so until SE gets their shite together. I really don't see this forced logout thing helping at all since everyone is just going to be spamming the login button and then AFKing for the rest of the evening during prime time. It isn't going to change a thing.

Also, punishing the other servers for the mistakes the high pop servers are making. LOL. SE's method of dealing with server issues is to hack off the damaged limb with no anesthesia and put a Minion bandaid from the dollar store on the stump.

RE: Simultaneous Logout Measures - Aaron - 06-28-2017

I play XIV on the big tv in the living room (like a fucking hoarder cause I bought it o.o) and sleep on the couch lol my roomates smack me upside the head when I pop in game.

Though wish I got a simple text like you get though... Not getting hit upside the headCry