Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Traveling Mercenary/Adventurer with Mysterious Past Looking for RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Traveling Mercenary/Adventurer with Mysterious Past Looking for RP (/showthread.php?tid=19877)

Traveling Mercenary/Adventurer with Mysterious Past Looking for RP - TheStampede - 06-26-2017

Hello!
My character is a traveling mercenary/adventurer type looking to make some connections/find a group of people to RP with, be it a band of mercenaries, a tavern, or what have you! He's got a bit of a mysterious past, but he lived in Little Ala Mhigo before finding himself fighting for his life as a gladiator. He was able to secure his freedom, even if it left him with a gnarly scar across his face.

He's recently found himself doing some security working in Costa Del Sol for some of the merchants and gilionaries, but he's always open to finding something a little more stable. 

If you're looking to add somebody new to your RP group or FC, or if you need more info, feel free to post here! (this is my first time posting here, so forgive me if I'm missing anything. Smile)

RE: Traveling Mercenary/Adventurer with Mysterious Past Looking for RP - Thunderbolt300 - 06-27-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

There's really a whole lot of niches you could fit yourself into here on Balmung, not to mention freelance contacts and networking too. Some of this really depends mostly on your character's alignment- are they willing to do shady things for a greater good? Or are they more a champion of justice on the straight-and-narrow? Even your character's race opens some doors too (Miqo'te master race *cough*). 

For one thing, there's the Veil, which is an underground organization of people looking to chip away at the support structure that keeps the aristocracy in place in the world. They're a family of people that come from all walks of life- even the nobility itself- and want to bring change for the greater good. Sometimes it can be a rather dirty job, no less. The Veil is fronted by the After-Dark Grill, a steakhouse. You can read more about this via the link in my signature!

If you're a Miqo'te, you might want to take a peek at the Shroudwolf Clan too, as it'd be a way to reconnect with past heritage. They typically put on events more akin to DnD sessions. 

There's also the Hydaelyn Protectors linkshell if you prefer to roll more on the truth-and-justice spectrum, as they're more of a vigilante group against evil organizations. 

Anyway, I'm going to have an obvious bias towards the Veil, but what matters most is finding somewhere that you're going to have plenty of fun playing around with. Either way, best of luck out there on the search!

RE: Traveling Mercenary/Adventurer with Mysterious Past Looking for RP - Ellmida - 06-27-2017

Would love to hear more about your character. I may have a few ideas

RE: Traveling Mercenary/Adventurer with Mysterious Past Looking for RP - lyrax123 - 06-27-2017

Hello! Welcome to the RP boards first of all!

Second of all, may I suggest The Outriders if you're looking for a free company! We're a small band of mercenaries that focus on investigative work and monster hunting! We are currently located in the Mist, Ward 1 Plot 60 and do all sorts of RP!  If you're interested you can message me here or on Discord Amanda#7359. And if you're ever in game whisper me as N'aomi Kett.

Have fun looking!

RE: Traveling Mercenary/Adventurer with Mysterious Past Looking for RP - Lydia Lightfoot - 06-27-2017

With the new content out, it may be a week or two still before the RP FCs start getting back in the usual swing of events. Don't rush to any choices about where to go, because a lot of opportunities will spring up by mid-July. :)