Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to FFXIV and Zalera - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to FFXIV and Zalera (/showthread.php?tid=19874)

New to FFXIV and Zalera - Church - 06-26-2017

Hello there! I recently started FFXIV after trying the free trial years ago. I'm currently playing with two friends and they picked Zalera as our starting world. I'm enjoying the game and hoping that a few people might be on Zalera for RP. I'm not against transferring, but I don't want to leave my two friends and don't want to start an alt immediately, but I might have to.

Some details:
  • This is my first MMO
  • I've RP'd on forums and tabletops for years. I probably started back in '06. 
  • I'm currently working on an Au Ra black mage. I'm still toying with the backstory since I don't know much about the world yet. 
Basically I'm an old rper looking to try it out in an MMO. I've been looking for anything on a Zalera scene but haven't really found anything. 

So far, everyone on the site from what I've seen is really nice and welcoming and I can't wait to get started!

RE: New to FFXIV and Zalera - honibearhime - 06-26-2017

Hiya,
Seems like we are kinda in the same boat. I'm fairly new to FF14 and this is only my second mmorpg. My rp background comes from chatrooms and tabletop, so I'm inexperienced with rping in game. I've got 2 characters in Zalera so I would be open to us chatting and trying to work something out. You can PM here if you would like. Enjoy the game Big Grin

RE: New to FFXIV and Zalera - Thunderbolt300 - 06-27-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC and to FFXIV! Thumbsup

As I mentioned in another thread, MMO RP is a pretty cool beast in that it's a persistent world with stories constantly in motion whether you're offline or not. There's more immersion because of that, but it can be a little troublesome to keep up with at the same time. If you're looking to dive into as much RP as you can, then Mateus is the go-to destination at this point, with Balmung locked for the time being. Regardless, best of luck!

RE: New to FFXIV and Zalera - Church - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 08:08 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC and to FFXIV! Thumbsup

As I mentioned in another thread, MMO RP is a pretty cool beast in that it's a persistent world with stories constantly in motion whether you're offline or not. There's more immersion because of that, but it can be a little troublesome to keep up with at the same time. If you're looking to dive into as much RP as you can, then Mateus is the go-to destination at this point, with Balmung locked for the time being. Regardless, best of luck!

Thank you!

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. A lot of the people who wanted to get the game are on Balmung, and they've been regaling me with stories of the RPs. I used to do forum based with some of them so I'm really looking forward to it if that ever opens. Right now I'm just grinding levels out and I really am considering jumping to Mateus if I my friends don't want to stick around. Trying to learn all I can in the meantime!