Hydaelyn Role-Players
So how're things looking for EU RP? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: So how're things looking for EU RP? (/showthread.php?tid=19859)

So how're things looking for EU RP? - Tavern Keeper - 06-25-2017

Hey there folks!

So with Stormblood upon us and me beginning to play the game again it got me wondering, how're things for european based role players? The last time I attempted to role play in FFXIV was about 3 years ago and at the time there were quite a few EU based FCs for role play only I don't see any of those older names still around so I'm just curious if there's still people around from EU that role play. Trying to role play across time zones is just a pain.

RE: So how're things looking for EU RP? - Jurgen Rothmoore - 06-25-2017

Hi there!

There's probably still a few kicking around on Balmung, but a good portion of EU RPers (From across all servers, not just Balmung!) recently migrated across to a brand new server! Omega!

Most people are still getting settled in, but its got a good solid foundation to build upon from the looks of it. And quite a lot of RP FC's popping up. Server transfers to Omega are actually free at the moment too, which is what helped this recent movement.

Hope this helps.

RE: So how're things looking for EU RP? - Shinsei - 06-25-2017

Hi there! Welcome back to the game.

I can't speak for the whole EU RP community, but Omega is one of the new servers added with 4.0, which has been dubbed the unofficial RP server for EU. Quite a few EU roleplayers have moved over since transferring there is currently free. RP is a little slow at the moment due to the expansion (everyone's focused on content at the moment), but there are plenty of people here.

We have a decent-sized RP linkshell (100+ people, without any alts) so there most definitely will be RP building up here. If you're looking to RP on EU time, perhaps consider transferring over while it's free to do.

RE: So how're things looking for EU RP? - Virella - 06-25-2017

There hasn't been a mass exile of EU players. There's quite a few still left.

Yes, some gone to Omega, but a lot of them stayed in Balmung.

Roleplay events are just slow at the moment due to the fact Stormblood just released.

RE: So how're things looking for EU RP? - Rosamund - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 12:17 PM)Virella Wrote: There hasn't been a mass exile of EU players. There's quite a few still left.

Yep, plenty of us still around. You can check out the European RP Directory for Balmung but I'm not sure if anything's been consolidated for Omega yet.

RE: So how're things looking for EU RP? - Flynn Rosenberg - 06-25-2017

Since Balmung's been locked, many have had to use alternative servers. Mateus for NA, Omega for EU. It hasn't been long but Omega is doing pretty fine right now, got at least over 100 active RPers, many are still playing the expansion and there's been RP happening every day since, which is more than what we expected during expac launch.

RE: So how're things looking for EU RP? - Thunderbolt300 - 06-26-2017

Looks like everyone else got the questions already, but nevertheless, welcome back aboard to the game and the RPC! Thumbsup