Hydaelyn Role-Players
New RP community forming on Mateus - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: New RP community forming on Mateus (/showthread.php?tid=19848)

New RP community forming on Mateus - Belian Lightfoot - 06-23-2017

Hiya everybody, just wanted to let everyone know that because of the state of Balmung's population a lot of Rpers are taking advantage of the Server transfer perks and leaving the server for emptier pastures. 

Because of this Mateus has a small but budding RP community and is growing every day due to the influx of new players. 

if you were considering moving off Balmung and taking advantage of the Transfer perks (and no login queue), but hesitating because you fear you won't find any RP, fear not and consider Mateus as your destination. Like I said the community is small, but close knit and very friendly. I moved and I love my experience so far.

RE: New RP community forming on Mateus - Belian Lightfoot - 07-02-2017

Quick update:

The RP community on Mateus has grown incredibly! We have active players in all zones and active open RP in the Quicksand and other popular spots. If you are still on the fence about transferring do it. Trust me you won't miss Balmung and it's over crowded queues. 

RP FCs are recruiting and there are several to choose from

The population is so glad to see us filling up the server, they are very welcoming and nice.

RE: New RP community forming on Mateus - Arashin Kujqai - 07-02-2017

Do you have any screenshots of how populated the quicksand is with RP? I don't even RP often there but I usually find that as a good source of an idea of how big the community is on RP. I'm still fearful about it myself because there's no going back. While nice and etc, small and tight knit is what has me fearful after my experience on Siren >_>;.

RE: New RP community forming on Mateus - M'zahxo - 07-02-2017

Any idea where the best place to look for FCs and LSs that are recruiting that aren't on this site? I've already looked through the ones listed here and none have my interest.

RE: New RP community forming on Mateus - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 03:29 PM)M Wrote: Any idea where the best place to look for FCs and LSs that are recruiting that aren't on this site? I've already looked through the ones listed here and none have my interest.

The Mateus RP Hub and RPM discord servers each have sections afaik. I'm not sure if they do the same as Balmung, but I'd be surprised if there were people doing recruitment shouts in the cities/RP hotspots/party finder as well.

RE: New RP community forming on Mateus - M'zahxo - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 03:33 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 03:29 PM)M Wrote: Any idea where the best place to look for FCs and LSs that are recruiting that aren't on this site? I've already looked through the ones listed here and none have my interest.

The Mateus RP Hub and RPM discord servers each have sections afaik. I'm not sure if they do the same as Balmung, but I'd be surprised if there were people doing recruitment shouts in the cities/RP hotspots/party finder as well.

Do you have a link to the discord server?

RE: New RP community forming on Mateus - xShugoTenshix - 07-02-2017

Oh I would love a link to the discord or examples of what the roleplay hubs are like there! I will be creating my character soon regardless, but I am curious of how crowded or alive the scene in. Does anyone know if there are peak hours? Are people more active during the night, or something like that?

RE: New RP community forming on Mateus - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-02-2017

Mateus RP Hub Discord: https://discord.gg/HPbYNFU

For RPM / Roleplay Mateus Linkshell, they've got a posting in thE Linkshell Hall and most of the people helping out Mateus RP Hub can also invite to the RPM (on their 3rd Linkshell now I think?)

As their community grows, it's still a little clustered together as far as I know. They are working on building their numbers up while diversifying RP.

RE: New RP community forming on Mateus - Fox - 07-02-2017

I see public rp rather frequently in the main cities when I run through them at the different bars. I tend to see a lot more in Gridania than QS, but QS still has populations running through it. The other night there was a couple of groups in Limsa.