Hydaelyn Role-Players
Suggest a Game or Series! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Suggest a Game or Series! (/showthread.php?tid=19790)

Suggest a Game or Series! - Neryem - 06-17-2017

Stormblood is upon us! Queues are long, combat instances are broken, and Raubahn won't let anyone in Ala Mhigo. In these frustrated times, let's suggest some nice alternative games to try or checkout while we wait for the game to be more playable

[Image: katamari-damacy.jpg]
Katamari Damacy (series)
Console: Playstation 2
Genre: Puzzle/Action/Japan

What can be said about Katamari Damacy that hasn't already been said about every crazy thing Japan has ported over here? It's wild, zany, and very addicting. You play as The Prince, son of the King of All Cosmos, who spends his time rolling up objects on Earth with his katamari, a giant sticky ball(?) which grows bigger the more stuff it collects. You start rolling up small things like chocolate pieces, ping-pong balls, and slowly begin to roll up people, buildings, planets, and galaxies later on! The music is as crazy as the games are, each game will have a few tunes that will make you tap your feet.

[Image: y45E8jTSgtaUKHoVvbRcXe-650-80.jpg]
Yakuza (series)
Console: PS2 
Genre: Action/Story/Life(?)

More rooted in reality, the Yakuza series is well known and beloved by many fans to be one of the best series on the Playstation. You took the role of Kazuma Kiryu, the adopted son of a high ranking yakuza family member. While each game does have different systems and plot lines, the world in which the series resides in is nothing short of perfection. Each character you meet will be memorable in some way, and the game world is littered with things to do. RC Car Racing, Karaoke, Bowling, Real Estate Management, and these are just from the most recent game Yakuza 0 (a prequel to the series). While there are some parts that will grind your gears, they're designed well enough to always keep you going for "one more try". Probably one of my favorite series by far.

RE: Suggest a Game or Series! - SapphireSkylines - 06-17-2017

Want to go on a killing spree and take out your frustrations on the queue times and the lag? I recommend Yandere Simulator. It's an uncompleted sandbox game but I enjoy playing it. It's for PC, you can download it here: https://yanderesimulator.com/

And just as the title suggests, you play as a Japanese school girl who's obsessed with a male classmate at school and will do absolutely anything to be with him. So you try to eliminate your rival(s) who also have a crush on your 'senpai'. You can be as violent as you want, or if that's not your thing, there's peaceful ways to eliminating your rivals too. It's really fun.

RE: Suggest a Game or Series! - Gegenji - 06-18-2017

It's a huge time sink, but I have a soft spot for the Breath of Fire series - Capcom's RPG franchise that spanned a couple consoles. One and two are sort of classic, old-timey RPG style... but my personal favorites are three and four, which are actually quite nice-looking and have some interesting development. Then there's the fifth and final installment that's kind of... wonky if you don't know that restarting is both okay and encouraged.

... So yeah.

RE: Suggest a Game or Series! - Recoil - 06-19-2017

Beyond Good and Evil 
Platforms: Gamecube, PC, Xbox/360, Ps2/3

Scifi-themed investigations, martial arts, and resistance-movements leading to uncovering government, alien conspiracies! Prepare to kick some ass, blast some losers, embarrass your friends,
and dig through government trash to save everybody... or at least make living in the slums easier.

[Image: bgehd03.jpg]

[Image: bge_hd_city_revolution_158407.jpg]

[Image: 184756-beyond-good-evil-windows-screensh...ou-can.jpg]

The game itself isn't the longest - but it has one of the most unique atmospheres I've seen; the story itself is boggling, depressing, and ridiculously funny. The art style also really holds up well - the controls can be a little janky, but it's mostly limited to the camera. World design is super-slick and while many characters in the game fall into tropes, they do so out of pride and really work them well. Please play this god damn game I swear to god it's so much fun.