Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings (/showthread.php?tid=19776)

Greetings - Fancy Pants - 06-15-2017

Howdy folks. I was a player, very briefly, in FF14 back when my friends were trying to convince me to get the game, but unfortunately their guild/Linkshell/whatever fell apart and they left just as I got in. So yeah... Figured I'd come back and see how things were going on with the expansion on your horizon. Also to figure out if I should return. Sadly the main reason I went to 14 was because I knew peeps that I could hang with and learn about the game from.

I actually managed to get on the Balmung server back then and after checking the mogstation my characters are indeed still on that world. As for my characters I've gone one of each (except lallafell and au ra), but back then I was looking to make my elezen my main and rp him as a lancer (eventual dragoon/dark knight), born to a Gridanian soldier and a Alah Mhigo refugee that met during the Autumn War and raised him to be a warrior, himself, who'd eventually join the Woodwailers for a bit and just rp him as a wandering warrior and a beast slayer, augmenting his abilities with his learned ability to utilize Aether and his acrobatics with a bit more into his story than that, but I won't give stuff away Tongue.

I actually used to play FFXI back in the day and played a hume warrior that eventually became a paladin and I had a great deal of fun with the mates I made there. Sadly though all things have to come to an end and I left that game when it all dried up with my group and left that story saying that they became corsairs and set sail to explore the world.

So whatcha think? Anyone out there willing to sit down and help a guy out? Frankly the whole thing of getting set up in FFXIV is a bit vertigo-enducing from what I hear and my choice of classes seems like a bad idea from what I've heard about Dragoons being useless.

RE: Greetings - SicketySix - 06-19-2017

(06-15-2017, 08:52 PM)Fancy Pants Wrote: Howdy folks. I was a player, very briefly, in FF14 back when my friends were trying to convince me to get the game, but unfortunately their guild/Linkshell/whatever fell apart and they left just as I got in. So yeah... Figured I'd come back and see how things were going on with the expansion on your horizon. Also to figure out if I should return. Sadly the main reason I went to 14 was because I knew peeps that I could hang with and learn about the game from.

I actually managed to get on the Balmung server back then and after checking the mogstation my characters are indeed still on that world. As for my characters I've gone one of each (except lallafell and au ra), but back then I was looking to make my elezen my main and rp him as a lancer (eventual dragoon/dark knight), born to a Gridanian soldier and a Alah Mhigo refugee that met during the Autumn War and raised him to be a warrior, himself, who'd eventually join the Woodwailers for a bit and just rp him as a wandering warrior and a beast slayer, augmenting his abilities with his learned ability to utilize Aether and his acrobatics with a bit more into his story than that, but I won't give stuff away Tongue.

I actually used to play FFXI back in the day and played a hume warrior that eventually became a paladin and I had a great deal of fun with the mates I made there. Sadly though all things have to come to an end and I left that game when it all dried up with my group and left that story saying that they became corsairs and set sail to explore the world.

So whatcha think? Anyone out there willing to sit down and help a guy out? Frankly the whole thing of getting set up in FFXIV is a bit vertigo-enducing from what I hear and my choice of classes seems like a bad idea from what I've heard about Dragoons being useless.

Welcome back to the game!

And what's this about Dragoon being useless?

Does the class do damage? Can it kill things? Can you play it properly? Yes? Then it is not useless. Don't listen to moronsThumbsup.

RE: Greetings - Thunderbolt300 - 06-21-2017

Hey there and welcome back to FFXIV, the RPC, and to Balmung! Thumbsup

Dragoons aren't worthless- they just have a reputation for being floor-tanks due to being a melee class and standing in the AoE a lot. If you're not brain-dead you should be just fine! As for getting settled into the game, being on Balmung is a little chaotic right now with the queues but give it a week and things should hopefully settle out. In the meantime, feel free to toss up a Making Connections post here on the RPC- it's a good way to hit the ground running with RP!