Hydaelyn Role-Players
Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Alternative NA RP Server Poll (/showthread.php?tid=19763)

Pages: 1 2

Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Mercer - 06-15-2017

We've finally got the last bit of information one day before Stormblood! This is the preferred server list for transfers off of Gilgamesh and Balmung:
  • Coeurl
  • Goblin
  • Mateus
  • Zalera
Ok, I think we would have all preferred to have this information a few weeks ago but lets make due with what we have. I'll be linking all the info and threads created up to this point so please educate yourself before voting in the poll. Free Transfer servers will be noted in the poll but all the servers listed have RP communities to join.

The poll options are tourniqueted down to the most popular results from Leggerless's tumblr poll and the previous poll.

If you want to be part of the EU server discussion go here:

EU Server Poll

Alternative RP server directory:

Alternate RP Server Directory

Old Alternate RP server discussion threads:

1st Alternate RP Server Discussion Thread

2nd Alternate RP Server Discussion Thread

Leggerless's Tumblr Poll

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - FeuIzanami - 06-15-2017

I'm personally sticking my guns to Mateus for now. 

I went over there on an alt, saw how things were before I made my leap. Funny enough, I saw your poll the other day, saw how much love Mateus got, and went to the server to see how quickly it was growing because of it. 

I've honestly already have fallen in love with the place, so much I transferred an alt early to buy a house in case the housing got bought up from transfers. I didn't even think Mateus could have not been mentioned on the free transfers option, but in my mind the free transfers being on Mateus is a golden flag being waved around to be yelling "TAKE YOUR LEAVE." 

I love Balmung. I made a ton of friends there, had a blast with some FCs, but this gives me the opportunity to help a smaller community grow to the glory Balmung is today. I'd love to one day go to Ul'dah's bar and see it bustling once more. 

I enjoy the prospect of seeing how the grass is on the other side. Gonna keep an alt on Balmung just in case, but I am honestly happy with my move so far, and look forward to seeing how it grows come SB early access release.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Crystal Chronicler - 06-15-2017

Since they announced the incentives and named Mateus as a beneficiary, I've seen some Balmung players be like ChocoboCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarCactuarChocobo

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Vexander - 06-15-2017

Mateus was bound to become a Preferred World for free Transfer, so I don't consider it to be a very big surprise. If anything, this would be the final bit I need before I transfer my last alt off of Balmung. Mateus has been an incredibly pleasant experience thus far with a very friendly and open community. In some ways, the community feels larger than Balmung's ever did, something I think you can only really get with a smaller community.

Anyways, given all the prior polls and the new evidence, it seems to me inevitable that Mateus will become our new Unofficial RP Server. Everyone is welcome! Hoping to see a lot more diversity added to the server to enrich the atmosphere and sense of immersion.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Papajimboh - 06-15-2017

Thumbsup to the lone Cactuar voter. 

You do you. Tongue

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Leggerless - 06-15-2017

Well.

Mateus does have the free transfers into if leaving from Balmung *and* is a designated world, so gets those bonuses.

And they already have a few RP groups there.

Soo...

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Riggy - 06-15-2017

Mateus seems like a good bet, and hopefully a smaller (initial) community will be a little easier to enter for those who get anxious like myself.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Fancy Pants - 06-15-2017

Dang I just arrived and already Im being given a lifeboat to flee on Tongue. From what I see of the polls it very well seems like Mateus is going to be the next best place to be. Maybe I should transfer there, myself, and make a go of it. Established rp populations can be a pain to get into at times. And who knows - I may not be able to lead a guild given my time and military lifestyle, but I could at the very greet people and see about doing some kind of event now and then Tongue.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Gryphon762 - 06-18-2017

So, quick question. I'm currently looking at the world transfer screen and it says it's still going to cost me $18. Is the free transfer only available to those coming from the very high pop servers? Or has the free transfer bonus not been instated yet?

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Riggy - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 08:58 AM)Gryphon762 Wrote: So, quick question. I'm currently looking at the world transfer screen and it says it's still going to cost me $18. Is the free transfer only available to those coming from the very high pop servers? Or has the free transfer bonus not been instated yet?
I believe it is only when you come from one of the higher pop realms. 

New character benefits will still come into effect, though, like the 100% extra xp and the silver feathers.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - BlaetmhasSterrundsyn - 06-19-2017

(06-18-2017, 08:58 AM)Gryphon762 Wrote: So, quick question. I'm currently looking at the world transfer screen and it says it's still going to cost me $18. Is the free transfer only available to those coming from the very high pop servers? Or has the free transfer bonus not been instated yet?

If I remember correctly, the only NA worlds that offer a free transfer to another world are Balmung and Gilgamesh, and for the transfer to be free your destination has to be either Coeurl, Goblin, Mateus, or Zalera.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - SicketySix - 06-19-2017

I've visited Mateus on & off for the past few weeks before Stormblood released and I'd say the population has nearly tripled from before the xpacks release, and a lot appear to be new RPers to the server.

Would certainly check them out if you are looking for a new home or server transfer.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Illthak - 06-21-2017

I have been very conflicted lately and I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I only just signed up. I am very interested in getting back into a roleplaying setting and though I am on Balmung after making a character years ago to play with friends who promptly disappeared, I have been unable to make any decent connections.

But I won't lie - I am somewhat attached to the crowds. I've even attended a few events too and they were awesome. When I made a character on Mateus a few weeks back it felt fairly barren by comparison.

But lines are pretty bad. Awful actually. So I here I sit wondering what to do.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Kilieit - 06-21-2017

(06-21-2017, 02:19 PM)Illthak Wrote: But lines are pretty bad. Awful actually. So I here I sit wondering what to do.

This situation is temporary, and is a result of the expansion launch which happened yesterday.

By this time next month at the very latest, it'll probably be back to about normal - a queue of ≤50 people, taking an extra ~1 minute tops to get in.

Most RPers are also focussed on the expansion for now, so even if you were getting in promptly there probably wouldn't be much for you to do... but next month, once people have cleared the MSQ, things will begin returning to usual.

TL;DR Don't worry; expansion launch circumstances aren't "normal". Wait until later before making any permanent decisions.

RE: Alternative NA RP Server Poll - Illthak - 06-21-2017

I hope the decision is made soon. I cannot stand waiting up to two whole hours just to get in for thirty minutes and be dropped only to go right into the back of the line once more.

I think I've made up my mind. I understand that as time goes on things might get better but as of now I can't take waiting another hour in this line just to be put right back into. Looking at the polls it seems there's a consensus of members moving to Mateus. I admit little connection to Balmung besides friends who have disappeared. I hope Mateus will provide more opportunity for me even if it's less populated and less roleplaying events occur. I hope to see more of you there soon!