Hydaelyn Role-Players
Stormblood PSA - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Stormblood PSA (/showthread.php?tid=19753)

Stormblood PSA - Trigonxv - 06-14-2017

Hello everyone this will just be a quick PSA to make sure you all enjoy the game thoroughly on release and not get spoiled.

1)Turn off shout/yell chat (Possibly whispers as well)

2)Unless you trust the individuals capability to keep to themselves turn off LS/FC chat

3)DO NOT LOOK AT PARTY FINDER AT RELEASE

4)Stay out of discord channels unless you trust those in it

5)Stay away from forums/reddit in general

6) Big tip right here so keep note, If you search ff14 videos often on your youtube account I suggest signing out of it until you are ready since your recommended videos will more than likely be stormblood related and have blatant spoilers in the title.

7)Be careful on twitch and particularly of heavily trafficked channels on release there will be more than one troll posting spoilers in the chat, if you do take the plunge hide the chat immediately. (There may also be troll twitch channels posting spoilers in the stream titles so beware.)

Feel free to post any other tips I am pretty sure there are plenty more but i think this covers a nice general basis. Luckily for me since I am doing early access most of this won't effect me as I am progressing usually with everyone else (especially since I am a scrubby streamer so my chat will stay clear of spoilers Big Grin) but it is still useful to know even if you got early access and a must read if you can't play during early access. Hope this helps enjoy the exapc everyone.

RE: Stormblood PSA - Erah'sae - 06-14-2017

I feel compelled to attach a mantra from long ago that I am going to foolishly break.

"Never play on patch day" - Allen Grey - Crossroads of Dereth

Expect all sorts of insanity on launch.
Expect things not to respond as you expect.  

Expect progress somewhere, at some point in time, to be lost.

It'll be a madhouse of 'fun'.  I am looking forward to it.

RE: Stormblood PSA - Zhavi - 06-14-2017

Haha, when balmung inevitably goes up in flames I'm planning on going with my friend to walk her dog to help circumvent some of the queue and server down angst.

RE: Stormblood PSA - Lydia Lightfoot - 06-14-2017

[Image: Spoiler-Alert.jpg]

RE: Stormblood PSA - Kilieit - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 06:16 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Haha, when balmung inevitably goes up in flames I'm planning on going with my friend to walk her dog to help circumvent some of the queue and server down angst.

I am kind of low key expecting not to consistently play Stormblood on Balmung til next month, lol. I have plans to work on my Midgardsomr alts and to play another game I've been neglecting if I can't stay connected during active play for more than 5 minutes

RE: Stormblood PSA - Zhavi - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 06:59 PM)Kilieit Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 06:16 PM)Zhavi Wrote: Haha, when balmung inevitably goes up in flames I'm planning on going with my friend to walk her dog to help circumvent some of the queue and server down angst.

I am kind of low key expecting not to consistently play Stormblood on Balmung til next month, lol. I have plans to work on my Midgardsomr alts and to play another game I've been neglecting if I can't stay connected during active play for more than 5 minutes

Backup plans atop backup plans atop backup plans, amirite? A wise thing to have!

RE: Stormblood PSA - Crystal Chronicler - 06-14-2017

Just a reminder. Early access is set to start this friday with the following tuesday being the official release. If you want to avoid spoilers completely, you would have to avoid all the things suggest by the OP for at least 4 days prior to the official launch.

RE: Stormblood PSA - Greybarren - 06-14-2017

Each time I get booted due to server load, I'm going to order another pizza.

RE: Stormblood PSA - H.H. - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 09:13 PM)Greybarren Wrote: Each time I get booted due to server load, I'm going to order another pizza.

[Image: 6K1d2GR.gif]

RE: Stormblood PSA - Charity322 - 06-14-2017

I suspect that spoilers will be inevitable for me, as I haven't even reached Ishgard yet, so it'll be a long time before I reach Stormblood plots.