Hydaelyn Role-Players
What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? (/showthread.php?tid=19750)

What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Skullcrusher - 06-14-2017

Honestly, as nice as Balmung is (it really is; I've got some great RP partners), I think I'll just transfer or start fresh. It may make it so I'll be late starting Stormblood, but I'll be better equipped to do so.

My misses is on Midgardsormr, so I think that's where I'll transfer, but I'm curious to know where sprouting RP communities can be found. Big Grin

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Mercer - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 09:05 AM)Skullcrusher Wrote: Honestly, as nice as Balmung is (it really is; I've got some great RP partners), I think I'll just transfer or start fresh. It may make it so I'll be late starting Stormblood, but I'll be better equipped to do so.

My misses is on Midgardsormr, so I think that's where I'll transfer, but I'm curious to know where sprouting RP communities can be found. Big Grin

Something to note is that the free transfers are going to be to a few select servers. We'll find out more during maintenance tomorrow.

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Skullcrusher - 06-14-2017

Oh! I hadn't caught that! I guess they'll be targeting the very low population servers; makes sense.

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Crystal Chronicler - 06-14-2017

I've been told that Mateus has a sizable RP community and its low population so it may appear on the list.

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Gegenji - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 09:49 AM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote: I've been told that Mateus has a sizable RP community and its low population so it may appear on the list.

Man, I just had a thought. It'd kinda suck that we've been trying to build up the RP population on Mateus... what if the growth ends up being enough that it drops off the list of choices? I hope that doesn't end up being the case. Sad

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Ellmida - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 09:51 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 09:49 AM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote: I've been told that Mateus has a sizable RP community and its low population so it may appear on the list.

Man, I just had a thought. It'd kinda suck that we've been trying to build up the RP population on Mateus... what if the growth ends up being enough that it drops off the list of choices? I hope that doesn't end up being the case. Sad
 Yeah but that's good news, it mean Mateas will have a stable population capable of supporting sustainable RP and  then we can work on building up Jenova or Fairie.

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Crystal Chronicler - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 09:55 AM)Ellmida Wrote:

Yeah but that's good news, it mean Mateas will have a stable population capable of supporting sustainable RP and  then we can work on building up Jenova or Fairie.

I play on Fairie with a group of friends and I can say that the server has gotten pretty full. I've seen some RP there, but its very rare so I don't think it would be a good destination for RP. It might be best to start on one of the brand new servers so that we stake our claim early.

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - foxfirestorm - 06-14-2017

(06-14-2017, 10:08 AM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 09:55 AM)Ellmida Wrote:

I play on Fairie with a group of friends and I can say that the server has gotten pretty full. I've seen some RP there, but its very rare so I don't think it would be a good destination for RP. It might be best to start on one of the brand new servers so that we stake our claim early.

I will say this, that if they do give us a NA new server, I will make an alt there to help the rp community grow and thrive. I like supporting Roleplay communities, because I enjoy that luxury on 14.

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Seye Qhesu - 06-15-2017

Just a heads up:

No new NA server

Mateus is a destination server for those looking to transfer for free!

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - Fates Skein - 06-16-2017

I know Mateus is the new hotness but how are things over on the Coeurl server?  Anyone on there that can give some info?

RE: What do world transfer incentives mean for us? - FeuIzanami - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 12:16 PM)Fates Skein Wrote: I know Mateus is the new hotness but how are things over on the Coeurl server?  Anyone on there that can give some info?

My personal experience on Coeurl was that there is not really many RP communities to be found, albeit maybe one or two RP FCs. I'd recommend if you're looking for a growing RP community to try out Siren, Faerie or Mateus. Mateus is the one I chose and I am honestly happy with my choice. Very nice experience so far.