Hydaelyn Role-Players
I'm lost! Help! Also, hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: I'm lost! Help! Also, hello! (/showthread.php?tid=19720)

I'm lost! Help! Also, hello! - Miroell - 06-10-2017

Right, so, okay. First of all, I had to change the robot-detection question five times because I don't know ANY OF THIS LORE WHAT IS THIS.

Second of all, I GREET YOU ALL IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS LOVE. I'm utterly and damnable LOST in the sea of what bloody realm I should play on. So, please guide me to prosperity, or to ruin if you so desire. Also help me learn about this game because I just bought it and I have no bleeding idea where to go, what to do and how to do this mysterious game. 

A.k.a. Someone tell me what to do because I don't know and I'm prone to panicking.

RE: I'm lost! Help! Also, hello! - foxfirestorm - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 11:10 AM)Miroell Wrote: Right, so, okay. First of all, I had to change the robot-detection question five times because I don't know ANY OF THIS LORE WHAT IS THIS.

Second of all, I GREET YOU ALL IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS LOVE. I'm utterly and damnable LOST in the sea of what bloody realm I should play on. So, please guide me to prosperity, or to ruin if you so desire. Also help me learn about this game because I just bought it and I have no bleeding idea where to go, what to do and how to do this mysterious game. 

A.k.a. Someone tell me what to do because I don't know and I'm prone to panicking.

Hey there Miroell and welcome to the RPC! We have a lore thread here that goes over several lore type topics of the world Hydaelyn. There is also the lore thread on the official 14 forums that has topics that even goes into racial names brought to us by the head people at SE who created the lore themselves!

There are also a few wikis out there that get into racial information, naming conventions for each of those races, and other bits of information.

As for what server you should go onto....
I would suggest checking out the Linkshell > Other section, as there has been a few of us smaller servers cropping up trying to step up to become Roleplay locations.

By consensus of the masses, most here on the RPC haven chosen Mateus, but that is not the only option! I would, again, check out the Linkshell > Other, see what is there, and look maybe also at the Making Connections thread.

Where you go from here is up to you, but if you do decide to go with Mateus, please feel free to PM and I will get you hooked up with not only the Mateus HUB Discord, but also with the Roleplay Mateus Linkshell (and Discord).

Best of luck!

RE: I'm lost! Help! Also, hello! - Roen - 06-10-2017

Welcome Miroell! Your starting post is adorable. Unless you ARE really panicking then... /soothe

Foxfirestorm already included some helpful tips, but you can check
this thread out as well for some guidance on where to go.

Take some deep breaths and check out the realms that interests you! I know that there are some great people on these forums that are actively working to welcome people to Mateus.

I hope you find what you are looking for!

RE: I'm lost! Help! Also, hello! - Miroell - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 11:21 AM)foxfirestorm Wrote:
(06-10-2017, 11:10 AM)Miroell Wrote: Right, so, okay. First of all, I had to change the robot-detection question five times because I don't know ANY OF THIS LORE WHAT IS THIS.

Hey there Miroell and welcome to the RPC! We have a lore thread here that goes over several lore type topics of the world Hydaelyn. There is also the lore thread on the official 14 forums that has topics that even goes into racial names brought to us by the head people at SE who created the lore themselves!

There are also a few wikis out there that get into racial information, naming conventions for each of those races, and other bits of information.

As for what server you should go onto....
I would suggest checking out the Linkshell > Other section, as there has been a few of us smaller servers cropping up trying to step up to become Roleplay locations.

By consensus of the masses, most here on the RPC haven chosen Mateus, but that is not the only option! I would, again, check out the Linkshell > Other, see what is there, and look maybe also at the Making Connections thread.

Where you go from here is up to you, but if you do decide to go with Mateus, please feel free to PM and I will get you hooked up with not only the Mateus HUB Discord, but also with the Roleplay Mateus Linkshell (and Discord).

Best of luck!

(06-10-2017, 05:08 PM)Roen Wrote: Welcome Miroell! Your starting post is adorable. Unless you ARE really panicking then... /soothe

Foxfirestorm already included some helpful tips, but you can check
this thread out as well for some guidance on where to go.

Take some deep breaths and check out the realms that interests you! I know that there are some great people on these forums that are actively working to welcome people to Mateus.

I hope you find what you are looking for!

So, I made a character on Mateus, because it was the first reply and I just wanted to play the game. And I made a Ranger! Highlander person! Mostly because I kind of 'have a name' and apparently the name fitted perfectly with them. And I got into the discord and the Linkshell whateverthatthingisbecauseIhavenoclue. So, I'm getting on my way to exploring and adventure! 

Also, I was half-panicking, so both are right but wrong.  Yay. Thanks for soothing, I needs.

RE: I'm lost! Help! Also, hello! - Thunderbolt300 - 06-12-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC, FFXIV, and Mateus! Thumbsup

I still remember starting this game back 8 months ago and yeah, it's a lot like drinking from a firehose. Fortunately, just going through the storyline of the game itself should provide a wealth of background for you to digest, and have fun doing it! Best of luck on the hunt on Mateus as well!