Hydaelyn Role-Players
Salutations and well met! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Salutations and well met! (/showthread.php?tid=19700)

Salutations and well met! - Crystal Chronicler - 06-09-2017

Hello everyone! I've been lurking about here for a couple days and finally decided to show myself. I'm a vet of FFXIV since 1.0, but I've only ever role played once and it was a random spur of the moment thing. I thought I would make a new character and give it a try for real, but it seems that Balmung is on lockdown indefinitely. All is not lost, though, as I enjoy writing stories as a hobby, so I thought it would be fun to write an ongoing story from the perspective of my character as I level her up.Big Grin

Please allow me to introduce her.
Name: Tsubaki Yatsurugi
Sex: Female
Race: Au Ra, Raen

Tsubaki is the youngest child of a middling, but well respected noble family. She has lived a life of comfort and privilege and is sheltered and a bit spoiled as a result. All this came crashing down when her family was assassinated and she was forced to leave everything behind and flee her home on a merchant's vessel bound for Eorzea. It was a long and arduous journey plagued with attacks by sahaguin, pirates, and slavers that forced the vessel to divert its journey to Ul'dah and land in Limsa Lominsa instead. It is here that her adventure begins!

It's not terribly original, I know, but what is these days?Tongue Anyway, I hope we can all get along and maybe one day, role playing with some of you.

RE: Salutations and well met! - Thunderbolt300 - 06-09-2017

Hey there and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

You might give Mateus a shot since Balmung is a bust, though- there's a good community following growing up over there.

RE: Salutations and well met! - Maril - 06-09-2017

Welcome aboard ^_^

RE: Salutations and well met! - Crystal Chronicler - 06-09-2017

Thanks for the welcome! I didn't know Mateus had a RP community. I may just transfer over there soon.

RE: Salutations and well met! - Mana Lily - 06-09-2017

Yes! Definitely give Mateus a shot or perhaps create an alt over there to poke around yourself. Also, I love your character and I hope you post stories here so we can read about her adventures. ^_^

RE: Salutations and well met! - Crystal Chronicler - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 11:20 AM)Mana Lily Wrote: Yes! Definitely give Mateus a shot or perhaps create an alt over there to poke around yourself. Also, I love your character and I hope you post stories here so we can read about her adventures. ^_^
Thanks! I plan on using my in-game leveling process as a basic template for her stories. Don't worry though. She's definitely not the WoL nor does she have the Echo so I won't be rehashing the MSQ or fighting primals, though she may become involved in some of the major world events.

RE: Salutations and well met! - Athil - 06-09-2017

Welcome! Lots of people are spinning up RP communities on Not!Balmung. Mateus does seem to be one of the forerunners. Best of luck to you! Chocobo

RE: Salutations and well met! - Roen - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 09:41 AM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote: All is not lost, though, as I enjoy writing stories as a hobby, so I thought it would be fun to write an ongoing story from the perspective of my character as I level her up.Big Grin

Oooh! Welcome to the RPC!

I look forward to reading your stories!