Hydaelyn Role-Players
Member of the Returners Club here - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Member of the Returners Club here (/showthread.php?tid=19671)

Member of the Returners Club here - Seren - 06-07-2017

Allo!

Returning after a long break. Actually returned a few weeks ago but just remembered to finally come over and say hi, once again! I left awhile ago (after HW) played some other MMOs but after being gone, I came to realize I needed to toddle my way back home as small communities passed on, content wasn't enough to keep my satisfied, or the games were exhausting to keep up with. On whim redownloaded a few weeks ago and have been happy ever since, even managed two more classes to 50! I main a WHM, but just got BLM & MCH up there!

Anyways, I'm Seren, I'm kind of a hermit along with a few of my partners such as Arik (the one that makes the pretty art), but am slowly trying to dip my toes into the community again. Coming from a large guild and community that had some blowouts, my partner and I have been hiding in a small corner of the world, but we eventually want to explore more! 

MMORPG background:
Oh man, Everquest I when I was pre-teen, Aion, GW2, FFXIV, Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online

RP experience
+15 plus years from Ezboard sites, to chatrooms, to MMOs, to Tabletop RPGs.

Character ideas/info
Seren Blackbourne who I played previously, reset and revamped. I call her my magical trainwreck due to originally being trained as a Thaumaturge, with a severe lack of control of her aetherical channel flows, causing her to either generate excess aether and being mini Elsa (ice stance) or excess drain (fire) which nearly had fatal results. Insert disappointed Ul'dah Merchant family, desperate attempts to fix self, and a lot of family drama in play (those secrets to be revealed in game RP)... Seren turns up next in the Shroud studying conjury to avoid drawing her own aether. Of course, as someone who is numbed and objective due to her family's, having to learn to use her heart for things is just as difficult. A big oversimplification of her story but giving it all away up front is no fun.

I enjoy the concept of associating the three base magical classes with Mind (Scholar/Summoner), Heart (Conjury), and Soul (Black Mage). Astrologian is the oddball (sorry loves!) but fits really into the concept of the third eye, as a real channeling (medium) style class.

How did you learn about the coalition?
I think I googled "FFXIV RP" and this is what I found. 

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)
I am medium to heavy, I enjoy RP a lot, though I also enjoy game aspects. However definitely more on the casual side when it comes to gaming. Fashion Fantasy is a large part of my leveling motivation. 

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)
I enjoy writings, doodling, gaming, anime (some), and tabletop RPGs. Studied to be a theater major so all my character development skills got put to use for RPGs (I'm productive in society I promise.) Netflix binges & pro-wrestling are my vices. I am easily bribed with buttery movie theater style popcorn and Pepsi. 

Thank you so much for reading. Any links I have up are probably very old and need redone. I just gutted my wiki article yesterday. Its amazing how you can look at work thats two years old and be horrified with your past self's writing. Time to improve~! 

Happy RPing to all.

RE: Member of the Returners Club here - Thunderbolt300 - 06-09-2017

Hey there, and welcome back aboard the RPC and the game! Thumbsup

RE: Member of the Returners Club here - Maril - 06-09-2017

We all know glamour is the true endgame. Welcome back Smile

RE: Member of the Returners Club here - Athil - 06-09-2017

Welcome back!! Chocobo