Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Art Work Revealed~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New Art Work Revealed~ (/showthread.php?tid=1966)

New Art Work Revealed~ - Mtoto Wamoto - 05-15-2013

Hey all! A couple weeks ago,  Yoshi-P and company took part in the NicoNico Chikogai event over in Japan. If you were watching the event live, you might have noticed a link they supplied the viewers with which was added to the front page of the official Japanese FFXIV game page. Well as it turns out, the link leads to a internet explorer 10 sponsored page which promotes FFXIV: ARR as well as its upcoming Windows 8 functionality and has been steadily revealing new artwork by way of text art. From what I gather....new art is revealed after enough people share the link on various social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.

The page can be found here, but is in Japanese mostly...so you may want to use Google Translate to get an idea as to what is being said, but it's definitely worth taking a look! I'll update this post as new art is revealed Big Grin

[Image: wp1920_1080.jpg]

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Luka Paluka - 05-15-2013

That Lalafell.

As a plushie.

Make it happen SE! D:

In other news: That artwork is great :3 I love how the Job armour looks in ARR and it's nice to see such great art of it. All this teasing gets me excited! Blush

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Kassandra Dawn - 05-15-2013

oooooo pretties

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Valan - 05-15-2013

[Image: img_wp.jpg]

Dragoon revealed

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Mtoto Wamoto - 05-15-2013

Awesome! Added to the main post~

That came up faster than I was expecting >.>

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Vareal - 05-15-2013

Bard is lookin' smecksy! :3

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Xenedra - 05-15-2013

But dat art ain't new!
Spoiler: show
[Image: original_final_fantasy_iv_logo_by_eldi13-d43luhj.png]

Teehee

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Folken - 05-15-2013

They didn't really do a good job of keeping the pictures hidden away there.

[Image: K0TUZhY.jpg]

[Image: SueQEiJ.jpg]

And possible Scholar reveal -shrugs-
[Image: gF6V2e2.jpg]

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Rhynka - 05-15-2013

I think the one that looks like a scholar is really just arcanist/summoner. That class/job they have said will be in there, and it's the only one that hasn't been really accounted for in previous works of art, also the earth tone scheme of the robes. Summoner has usually always been dressed in similar color schemes.

Edit: Wait the summoner is accounted for on the opposite side, maybe it's arcanist, they use books right?

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - AeroCura - 05-15-2013

(05-15-2013, 02:41 PM)Xenedra Wrote: But dat art ain't new!
Spoiler: show
[Image: original_final_fantasy_iv_logo_by_eldi13-d43luhj.png]

Teehee
that is so kewl!!  Bouncy

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Uther - 05-15-2013

I was thinking the dragoon looked really cool, but really familiar. Then I remembered the Final Fantasy IV logo.

Nice try, SE.

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Folken - 05-15-2013

(05-15-2013, 04:13 PM)Rhynka Wrote: I think the one that looks like a scholar is really just arcanist/summoner. That class/job they have said will be in there, and it's the only one that hasn't been really accounted for in previous works of art, also the earth tone scheme of the robes. Summoner has usually always been dressed in similar color schemes.

Edit: Wait the summoner is accounted for on the opposite side, maybe it's arcanist, they use books right?

Summoner is there, the entire front wheel is all Jobs. The scholar on the right is wearing, without a doubt, Scholar AF. It's almost identical to FFXI scholar AF in terms of certain features. And so far, classes (I.e. arcanist, maraduer, etc.) do not have a signature equipment like an AF set. 

Is it likely there just happens to be a set that looks like a scholar being added to the game? Sure, but that seems like a bad idea because adding Scholar as a job is a highly likely option, so you don't want a regular set to look too much like an AF set.

Also, White Mages(Conjurers) and Black Mages(Thaumaturges) arguable use the same weapons as well, so the book argument is a bit moot as classes/jobs can use similar weapons but different versions of them. Scepter/Staff for Thm, and Wand/Cane for Cnj. They're the same thing, but made different within the game's mechanics etc.

A book can be all kinds of things. A grimoire, a tome, a spellbook, album, atlas, lexicon, etc. etc.

Plus, opening up a branching job system from existing classes could be a good way to squeeze more iconic FF jobs into the game. So it seems likely.

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Rhynka - 05-15-2013

(05-15-2013, 08:34 PM)Shippuu Wrote: Summoner is there, the entire front wheel is all Jobs. The scholar on the right is wearing, without a doubt, Scholar AF. It's almost identical to FFXI scholar AF in terms of certain features. And so far, classes (I.e. arcanist, maraduer, etc.) do not have a signature equipment like an AF set. 

Is it likely there just happens to be a set that looks like a scholar being added to the game? Sure, but that seems like a bad idea because adding Scholar as a job is a highly likely option, so you don't want a regular set to look too much like an AF set.

Also, White Mages(Conjurers) and Black Mages(Thaumaturges) arguable use the same weapons as well, so the book argument is a bit moot as classes/jobs can use similar weapons but different versions of them. Scepter/Staff for Thm, and Wand/Cane for Cnj. They're the same thing, but made different within the game's mechanics etc.

A book can be all kinds of things. A grimoire, a tome, a spellbook, album, atlas, lexicon, etc. etc.

Plus, opening up a branching job system from existing classes could be a good way to squeeze more iconic FF jobs into the game. So it seems likely.
I noticed after taking a second look that summoner was there. Maybe SE has a surprise for us at launch (Or they would like to)? I hope they aren't biting off more than they can chew. I know they're working on arcanist/summoner. It didn't make sense to me why they'd show that in the art for release if it's supposed to be the jobs at launch.

Even if it is another class we don't know about coming (Probably for good reason since fans would want to lay the pressure on) it will be a cool surprise! I'm sure it will turn out fine the game appears to have a lot of support from fans.

RE: New Art Work Revealed~ - Rhostel - 05-16-2013

I just wanna say, even though the Dragoon seems likely to be a male Elezen, that artwork is exactly how Rhostel should look. In my head.

Also, my pet theory is that is a Scholar, and it's a second Job for Arcanist that will be added at the same time as Summoner. One that subs Conjurer and is a second viable main healer Job. We have two tanks, but only one healer?

Arcanist therefore will be the only Class with two Jobs at launch, thus making it more attractive to level. That helps address the numbers problem of there being plenty of level 50s of every other class carrying over, but no Arcanists.

But that's all just a guess, based on nothing but the rumour there's going to be a Scholar Job.