Hydaelyn Role-Players
In hot persuit of RP! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: In hot persuit of RP! (/showthread.php?tid=1964)

In hot persuit of RP! - Rhynka - 05-14-2013

--MMORPG background

Too many to list. I have been looking for an MMO to RP in since killing off my character in WoW. Since then I have been limited to chat room based MUDs. I have played FFXIV but never role-played in it since there were no Official RP servers.

--RP experience

Since I got into table top at a young age. I have learned every community and type of role play is different no matter where you go. I humbly consider myself a newbie here because I never role played in this game.

--Character ideas/info

I hope the game will be friendly when it comes to leveling alt characters, I want to play one of every race. One of the two level 50's I have will be a Sun Seeker Miqo'te, the other I am still brainstorming about, maybe Roegadyn. My husband will be playing her husband in-character. We plan for them to be from a small nomadic clan that roams the Sagolii Desert. There's not enough information on the main page to develop their history beyond this. I want to play an adventurous character, making them nomads would fit. I assume they will be very feral in nature as life in the desert can be a rough test of survival. Look forward to an update on this after the game is released, but for now please be patient we're trying to up-size our living arrangements this year and find time for fun!

--How did you learn about the coalition?

A friend of mine trying to lure me back into the game with the hopes of official RP servers being available. I really hope I can transfer server at release or I may not be able to play with you folks! I get bored of an MMO if there's no RP to be found probably why I only went on FFXIV when there was a new update. I have lurked on this site for quite some time, read the guide book, etiquette, and came to the conclusion that this will be a nice easy community to play with. I've not seen any OoC drama in these threads, so I would like to give it a shot!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I try to adjust my style to suit the community I play with. The heavier RP I do won't be in the city-states without reason since my husband and my character will be drifters. I do like to be in-character as much as possible! I would have to say between medium and heavy, just because I hate OoC chatter during role play. Unless it's a necessary thing like brb, afk, or a simple question.

--Anything from real life you a€™re comfortable with sharing?

As of Christmas Eve of 2012 I have been married to a teddy bear of a man Heart. We were friends for two years, dated for four (Living together the last three), and decided it would be okay to try for a family continue like this forever!

Sorry, I'm still honeymoon crazed over it! (Sometimes still refer to him as 'bf' by accident out of habit.)

I love arts and crafts, reading and writing, as well as a good many console games from shooters to RPGs, even this strange one I found on the PSN called "Journey" (A game made purely for the physics and exploration, very unique, but relaxing to play.) which inspired the idea for Rhynka with it's beautiful desert setting and hypnotic atmosphere. I hope to make her a very exotic, charismatic Bard with many tales to spin about her future adventures with others!

Looking forward to playing with you all!

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Magellan - 05-14-2013

*waves*

Kupo!

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Grehn - 05-14-2013

Welcome! I just joined myself last night Big Grin. I can't wait to actually get into game with the amazing people here. Hope to see you around as well!

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Xenedra - 05-15-2013

Welcome to the RPC~ Excited to see more bardly types! Let us weave many tales together~

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Deirdre - 05-15-2013

Welcomes! Big Grin

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Eva - 05-15-2013

Welcome welcome~  Thumbsup

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Rhynka - 05-15-2013

(05-15-2013, 12:03 AM)Xenedra Wrote: Welcome to the RPC~ Excited to see more bardly types! Let us weave many tales together~
Thank you, for the welcome! I can toast to that! *Ping!*

Are there many Bards in the role playing community?

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Uther - 05-15-2013

I'm a little late on this welcome wagon, but 

BombTonberryAhrimanCactuarChocoboMoogleWELCOME TO THE RPC!MoogleChocoboCactuarAhrimanTonberryBomb

(Don't ever say I didn't do anything for ya)

I love the idea of a nomadic desert family (well husband and wife at least) of Miqo'te. It sounds like an interesting way of still having the husband-and-wife dynamic while staying adventurous. In FFXI every married couple I RP'd with was tarutaru and none of them seemed to care about character development beyond "we're married"... it was like RPing with the Ice Climbers.

I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope to RP with your nomadic miqo'te desert couple at launch!

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Luka Paluka - 05-15-2013

Welcome to the forums!

Glad to have you here! The husband and wife thing sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing and interacting with the two of you in game! Smile

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Rhynka - 05-15-2013

(05-15-2013, 04:18 AM)Abodo Wrote: I'm a little late on this welcome wagon, but 

BombTonberryAhrimanCactuarChocoboMoogleWELCOME TO THE RPC!MoogleChocoboCactuarAhrimanTonberryBomb

(Don't ever say I didn't do anything for ya)

I love the idea of a nomadic desert family (well husband and wife at least) of Miqo'te. It sounds like an interesting way of still having the husband-and-wife dynamic while staying adventurous. In FFXI every married couple I RP'd with was tarutaru and none of them seemed to care about character development beyond "we're married"... it was like RPing with the Ice Climbers.

I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope to RP with your nomadic miqo'te desert couple at launch!

That does sound boring, what you mentioned about the married couple.

Rhynka and Razamir will be more exciting than that, I promise! Between the two of us OoC I'm sure we'll be able to create an excellent back story for how they found one another, and the mischief they've gotten in and out of with each other!

I want to have more about them like a nice introductory piece of art and some small tidbits of general information or rumors about them shortly after launch! Any formal back story I have no intention of posting on any web page for a good long time. I will be writing it for his and my reference, I'd like most of it to be learned through interaction in character so it feels like I have something more interesting for her to talk about aside from just "We're married".

Thank you for the warm welcome! Rolleyes

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Weffrey - 05-15-2013

Hello and welcome!

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Aysun - 05-15-2013

There are indeed quite a few Bardly characters, and quite a few Miqo'te. But the community is growing every day, so there are quite a few of everything!

Looking forward to seeing you both in game. Smile

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - AeroCura - 05-15-2013

Welcome! Big Grin Big Grin

RE: In hot persuit of RP! - Moonfire - 05-18-2013

Nice to meet cha!