Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Discussion] Getting back on the saddle. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: [Discussion] Getting back on the saddle. (/showthread.php?tid=19595)

Getting back on the saddle. - Maxwell Black - 05-31-2017

So it's been a long time since I've played and my biggest issue is the one's i used to play with don't play any more, being someone who's Rp'd for a long time I figured what better way to maybe spark my love of the game again but by finding a good RP group. so here i am. I've got a few questions if anyone is willing to lend an ear. 

first, i know this is probably asked a million times but is there any select servers that work best for someone looking for RP communities?, i know back in the day Balmug and Gilgamesh were non official. but is there any that i should look into trying to get a character on.

secondly i plan on starting from scratch i feel like jumping back into where i was back when i played would do more harm than help my interest to play the game again. In doing this I've tried coming up with an idea as far as character wise since i'm going to be working my way though most of the jobs again, what would most peoples reaction to a character who's personality changes with which job he currently is in game. kind of like a split personality for each weapon? (not sure if this is probably way over played or if people shy away from it I've done Split personality RP before and find it fun and interesting.)

ideas, feelings, concerns?

All in all nice meeting you and i appreciate any feedback this gets.

RE: Getting back on the saddle. - Desu Nee - 05-31-2017

(05-31-2017, 04:49 PM)Maxwell Black Wrote: So it's been a long time since I've played and my biggest issue is the one's i used to play with don't play any more, being someone who's Rp'd for a long time I figured what better way to maybe spark my love of the game again but by finding a good RP group. so here i am. I've got a few questions if anyone is willing to lend an ear. 

first, i know this is probably asked a million times but is there any select servers that work best for someone looking for RP communities?, i know back in the day Balmug and Gilgamesh were non official. but is there any that i should look into trying to get a character on.

secondly i plan on starting from scratch i feel like jumping back into where i was back when i played would do more harm than help my interest to play the game again. In doing this I've tried coming up with an idea as far as character wise since i'm going to be working my way though most of the jobs again, what would most peoples reaction to a character who's personality changes with which job he currently is in game. kind of like a split personality for each weapon? (not sure if this is probably way over played or if people shy away from it I've done Split personality RP before and find it fun and interesting.)

Okay, first and foremost welcome back!

Second, rn Gilgamesh and Balmung are in quarantine, no one gets in. For your best rping chances, I would recommend Mateus.

Third, split personality rp is really fun, but if you're not sure which character you want to play, I would recommend start humbly, and then work up on that. Only because in game you're 60 in a class, doesn't mean your character knows how to fight or work in that class!

I.E Quki is 60 BLM, but she only casted a flare once in her life and it crippled her for the rest of it!

RE: Getting back on the saddle. - Maxwell Black - 05-31-2017

(05-31-2017, 05:02 PM)Desu Nee Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 04:49 PM)Maxwell Black Wrote: So it's been a long time since I've played and my biggest issue is the one's i used to play with don't play any more, being someone who's Rp'd for a long time I figured what better way to maybe spark my love of the game again but by finding a good RP group. so here i am. I've got a few questions if anyone is willing to lend an ear. 

Okay, first and foremost welcome back!

Second, rn Gilgamesh and Balmung are in quarantine, no one gets in. For your best rping chances, I would recommend Mateus.

Third, split personality rp is really fun, but if you're not sure which character you want to play, I would recommend start humbly, and then work up on that. Only because in game you're 60 in a class, doesn't mean your character knows how to fight or work in that class!

I.E Quki is 60 BLM, but she only casted a flare once in her life and it crippled her for the rest of it!
Thank you! I appreciate such a fast reply.

I hadn't thought about the proficiency of my character with which job he is playing, only which personality would come out of him with whichever selected job he plays (honestly looking forward to SAM I play mainly tanks but love it's style) I like that idea start as a clean slate and just have him train in the one I want to follow. seeing as that will probably be swordsmanship that gives me a little bit to stretch my fingers at SAM when the time comes. thank you again for aiming me in the right direction.

RE: Getting back on the saddle. - Athil - 05-31-2017

Best of luck to you in your RP Adventures, and welcome to the RPC!