Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? (/showthread.php?tid=19553)

Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - Arashin Kujqai - 05-29-2017

Little embarrassed to ask this but it's always been something fun I've done among my characters to better immerse myself. I would typically make a macro for a specific skill I rarely use or something that's beneficial to let a person know they need to take advantage, like how some people have their raise macros tell a player to get up.

For me I had one on my dragoon's Battle Litany that said something along the lines of..

/macro icon "Battle Litany"
/ac Battle Litany
/wait 1 (I learned this neat trick to prevent me from mashing the key to spamming the chat up whenever I was in a panic trying to get a skill to work)
/party "My Lances strength to all of you! Forward!!! <se.3>((Battle Litany))"

Again I typically kept it to something I'd rarely use that had a very long cd or was very situational, in the above's case... Something I wanted people to acknowledge they had their crit buff active and to go all out.

This wasn't something I could very easily do on my machinist without it getting extremely annoying.... However I did manage to make one for his limit break like I did my dragoon that was actually useful in letting the tank or whoever had aggro of 50 mobs on them to hold still so my LB doesn't miss e.e. Went something like...

/macro icon "Limit Break"
/ac Limit Break
/party "Hold it steady... <se.10>((limit break))"
/wait 3
/party "Aim.... FIRE!!! <se.3>"

The initial sound I made to alert people to keep it together and the latter I added in just because it feels like an actual FF limit break when you see the animation for that go off and hear that lil "select" sound. Helped a ton in some sticky situations in palace of the dead >~>;

Now I'm at my caster and I have two macro's for my limit break. One is a basic "hold it steady" thing I can't really remember at the moment that's just one line and let's me aim the limit break into position very specifically. The other is instant cast and let's me use the LB exactly where the mob(s) is/are standing, helpful for when I need to cast asap... My issue is I only have half of the macro thought up of. So... I'd like to hear some of your RP based macros if you have any. I don't plan to use anything obnoxious or out of character either, I just need some proper inspiration x.x... Been trying to come up with something that's more confident sounding but without sounding stuck up or full of himself. Something around the concept of my opponent being careless. Hell I've even thought about it just being "Such carelessness...." But that feels too plain and simple x.x, it could also be seen as me remarking to a party member lmao. Idk...

tl;dr: Got roleplay/IC based macros? Lemme see/hear em, I need inspiration! Suggestion not to use these kinda macros or an OOC thing? Kindly look elsewhere please.

RE: Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - Berrod Armstrong - 05-29-2017

I have one for my limit break ability usually! I used to have one for Perfect Balance way back when I first started playing, but when I figured out the monk opener I got rid of it. The LB one always tickles me because it makes it so much more dramatic than usual.

RE: Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - Arashin Kujqai - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 12:33 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: I have one for my limit break ability usually! I used to have one for Perfect Balance way back when I first started playing, but when I figured out the monk opener I got rid of it. The LB one always tickles me because it makes it so much more dramatic than usual.
Share share! :D

(05-29-2017, 12:36 AM)Valic Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 12:33 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: I have one for my limit break ability usually! I used to have one for Perfect Balance way back when I first started playing, but when I figured out the monk opener I got rid of it. The LB one always tickles me because it makes it so much more dramatic than usual.
Share share! Big Grin
It doesn't reflect my character's canon, but it's more of a 'Warrior of Light' thing. Simple line, really, just variations of: "Open the Seventh! Let it break the limit!" 

I don't know how something so simple can entertain me after all this time, heh.

(05-29-2017, 12:47 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
Share share! Big Grin
It doesn't reflect my character's canon, but it's more of a 'Warrior of Light' thing. Simple line, really, just variations of: "Open the Seventh! Let it break the limit!" 

Mine aren't too closely canon either really XD. The one for my mch was when I was a treasure hunter after all lol. Dragoon's was a persona I hope to forget >~>; I like yours though <3. Maybe I should do something regarding the deities...

Also I just wanna note I welcome any RP macros for any skills; need some inspiration. Could come from any source of skill you have, not just LB's.

(05-29-2017, 12:50 AM)Valic Wrote:
Share share! Big Grin

Mine aren't too closely canon either really XD. The one for my mch was when I was a treasure hunter after all lol. Dragoon's was a persona I hope to forget >~>; I like yours though <3. Maybe I should do something regarding the deities...

Also I just wanna note I welcome any macros, even for raises lol.
I like seeing people's raise macros. I know folks typically use them to indicate who they've selected for a raise (in case more than one person dies and the healers have to share the rezzing load without confustion), but when they add a bit of flavour it makes things more interesting. I take a peek and maybe chuckle a little.

(05-29-2017, 12:53 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 12:50 AM)Valic Wrote:
Share share! :D

Also I just wanna note I welcome any macros, even for raises lol.
I like seeing people's raise macros. I know folks typically use them to indicate who they've selected for a raise (in case more than one person dies and the healers have to share the rezzing load without confustion), but when they add a bit of flavour it makes things more interesting. I take a peek and maybe chuckle a little.
I'm really hoping the red mage gets a raise <3. Mine would be more akin to his personality RP-wise, should be something like "Regain your composure <t>!". Not demeaning but not over the top, I might add more to it but it's hard without making it sound like an Overwatch quote lol(I see too many OW quotes >~>;).

I'm thinking of reducing my current instant one to using an /em for one part and then something 3 seconds later. Just something for personal fun, but I'm still unsure what to pick or use without it sounding too "edgey" or too dramatic.

RE: Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - H.H. - 05-29-2017

As a H.E.R.P. enthusiast ('heavy & extreme role-playing' for those not in the know) role-playing as a Bardzerker (details behind this fan-canon (or 'fanon' for short) can be found on my blog), it's absolutely essential that I play my role to the fullest extent of my abilities. To this end, I make extensive usage of ability macros when playing in dungeons or other playable content such as extreme dungeons and FATEs. As, of course, there is no such Bardzerker class or job in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, or, even Stormblood, I instead use the character job or Warrior as a suitable placeholder.

Some examples of the macros I use in order to uphold my reputation as a H.E.R.P. enthusiast (I'm even beginning to be known as an avid fan of "heavy & extreme role-playing in every scenario"!) are as follows:

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

If you have any suggestions for other role-playing action macros I could add to my repertoire in order to enhance not only my own, but other players' heavy & extreme role-playing experience, please feel free to send me a message on IRC. I'm looking forward to meeting other gamers who enjoy heavy & extreme role-playing in every scenario!

RE: Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - Mountie - 05-29-2017

Might I recommend one small quality of life modification for your fellow players? When you posted your macro as such:

Quote:/party "My Lances strength to all of you! Forward!!! <se.3>((Battle Litany))"

I would personally recommend that you move the ((Battle Litany)) piece to the beginning of the statement. That way the RP text flavor becomes more optional but individuals can still note the quick bit of information that is considered more important to most players.

I use these as well, but only for skills where one might regularly expect to see a notification though. The two prime examples that come to mind are Provoke and Hallowed Ground.

/ac "Provoke" <t>
/p ((Provoke)) "Oh come now <t>, did I frighten ye so badly?!"
/micon "Provoke"

/ac "Hallowed Ground" <me>
/p ((Hallowed Ground)) "Don't worry yerselves about me lads, I've got a bit of fight left in me!"
/micon "Hallowed Ground"

RE: Anyone else have - Mountie - 05-29-2017

Edit: Computer Double-posted.

I actually considered that but the problem with that one specifically was it looked funny with how it got spaced out into the 2nd line. So I ended up adding it to the end so it'd be easier to see at the beginning. If that makes sense XD. But in all fairness, I think I removed that quote finally from my dragoon since I don't RP with him anymore. Typically I try to put the skill somewhere it's easily noticed in an instant(so either at the start of the first line or the very beginning of the 2nd line of my chat).

RE: Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - Charity322 - 05-29-2017

Just ... please don't add it for every skill. Oh god the spam some people do.

RE: Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - Cecily Jisi - 05-29-2017

So far I only have one for Fists of Fire. I have her say "Seems you fucks will never learn, now sit back and watch me burn!"

(05-29-2017, 10:42 PM)Charity322 Wrote: Just ... please don't add it for every skill. Oh god the spam some people do.
^ Someone definitely proved their point about this already xD And I agree, I leave it for things I rarely use or I'll even make a separate hotkey slot for it without the macro lol.
(05-29-2017, 10:51 PM)Cecily Jisi Wrote: So far I only have one for Fists of Fire. I have her say "Seems you fucks will never learn, now sit back and watch me burn!"
Good rhyme XD the cursing seems a bit much q.q

RE: Anyone else have "combat RP macros"? - Erah'sae - 05-30-2017

My one big request on these, is please don't make them noisy, and please actually do them in emotes instead of party chat.

Flavor is great, but noisy spammy macros are a good way to ensure I don't heal someone until they turn off.