Hydaelyn Role-Players
MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? (/showthread.php?tid=19544)

MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - TheLastCandle - 05-28-2017

I've got a couple of friends who are nearing level 50 and the end of the base ARR MSQ. I'd really, really like for them to be able to see Castrum Meridianum and the Praetorium in full, without skipping any cutscenes. I can probably make that happen with Party Finder if not the help of our FC, but can anyone confirm whether or not they'll receive credit for story completion if we do it unsynced? I thought it would be nice to get through the tedium and just let them view the story bits as quickly as possible, if we can.

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - Kilieit - 05-28-2017

They will receive full credit for a completion undertaken in an undersized party, yes.

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - Cato - 05-28-2017

They will receive credit, yes! I had a friend run my alt through a handful of dungeons unsynced for the sake of efficiency and after leaving the relevant quests were flagged for completion.

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - TheLastCandle - 05-28-2017

That's awesome! Thanks, guys.

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - Athil - 05-28-2017

I'm also around if you ever need a tank for a run, and I'm not already busy.

Athil Thorne on Balmung.

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - Valence - 05-28-2017

Think about running it synced or even min ilvl. The challenge for the latter is higher and while those dungeons take time like that (1hour and a half each), the story makes ten times more of an impression like that I find. Running through it too fast cheapens everything I have noticed.

But yes, to answer your question, no matter how you complete an instance, it works for completion. Min ilvl, undersized party, synced standard party, roulette...

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - Alyria Winchester - 05-28-2017

I'm not sure if you have done this yet but if you need a tank or don't mind me tagging along I was rushed through the cut-scenes and would love to come along for this adventure!

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - TheLastCandle - 05-29-2017

(05-28-2017, 06:33 PM)Alyria Winchester Wrote: I'm not sure if you have done this yet but if you need a tank or don't mind me tagging along I was rushed through the cut-scenes and would love to come along for this adventure!

I didn't see this until after we'd done it. But I do have another friend (on Faerie) who is nearing that part, so maybe cross-server Awesomesauce Story Time can happen soon. Will let you know.

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - Athil - 05-31-2017

(05-29-2017, 06:09 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 06:33 PM)Alyria Winchester Wrote: I'm not sure if you have done this yet but if you need a tank or don't mind me tagging along I was rushed through the cut-scenes and would love to come along for this adventure!

I didn't see this until after we'd done it. But I do have another friend (on Faerie) who is nearing that part, so maybe cross-server Awesomesauce Story Time can happen soon. Will let you know.

Don't do it, it's a trap! She'll tank you through the dungeon, and you might actually enjoy yourself. Buyer beware!

RE: MSQ credit for unsynced Castrum/Praetorium? - TheLastCandle - 06-01-2017

(05-31-2017, 10:31 PM)Athil Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 06:09 PM)TheLastCandle Wrote:

Don't do it, it's a trap! She'll tank you through the dungeon, and you might actually enjoy yourself. Buyer beware!

Nooooooooooo~