Hydaelyn Role-Players
An Official Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: An Official Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=19380)

An Official Hello! - Cinaust - 05-15-2017

Many of you have been incredibly helpful answering my questions in my other thread. I was originally a little uncertain of how active I would be on this site, but skimming through, the community has won me over. As such, I wanted to officially say hello and fill out that newcomer questionnaire.

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

Character Ideas/Info
Oh boy, do I have ideas. Since I couldn't slip a character into Balmung before the servers went down, and likely won't be able to as they come up, I plan to transfer a full 8 characters onto Balmung to make the most of the transfer fee. Of course, I couldn't come up with a full eight on the spot, but I'll give brief descriptions of some I'm considering. 

Because I'm new to the game as a whole, I made backstories that would explain away why my characters are so low-level, ahaha. I likely won't end up playing all of them equally, but I'll only be able to decide on a main once I give them all a go and see who feels right. I have names planned for all of them, but I'd rather wait to see if I can use the names before posting them publicly.

Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content
Show Content

I plan to make wiki pages for the ones that I end up playing. I hope some of them sound interesting to you!

RE: An Official Hello! - Gegenji - 05-15-2017

(05-15-2017, 02:51 PM)Cinaust Wrote: Time passes so quickly in-game - a year is only eighteen days, right?

Do you mean in real-time since if you put it on Eorzean time it ticks by so quickly? I'm fairly certain that's mainly just to allow you to experience the night/day cycle and the various weather effects (which come into play for actual content - certain fish only appear in certain weather patterns and time ranges for FSH). I don't think anyone really holds to that as the "real time" for the character.

We have plenty of hours-long RP events, and most usually stick to a more relative time-frame throughout. So there's no worries there. Heck, we don't always cleave too closely to how many years have "actually" past due to the time bubble situation that goes on due to time technically only passing as we get more content that explains what year it is. Or something. I'm rambly.

RE: An Official Hello! - Cinaust - 05-15-2017

(05-15-2017, 02:59 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 02:51 PM)Cinaust Wrote: Time passes so quickly in-game - a year is only eighteen days, right?

Do you mean in real-time since if you put it on Eorzean time it ticks by so quickly? I'm fairly certain that's mainly just to allow you to experience the night/day cycle and the various weather effects (which come into play for actual content - certain fish only appear in certain weather patterns and time ranges for FSH). I don't think anyone really holds to that as the "real time" for the character.

We have plenty of hours-long RP events, and most usually stick to a more relative time-frame throughout. So there's no worries there. Heck, we don't always cleave too closely to how many years have "actually" past due to the time bubble situation that goes on due to time technically only passing as we get more content that explains what year it is. Or something. I'm rambly.

Oh, that's such a relief. I know in some other games, some heavy RPers are extremely time-oriented, and I would never be able to keep up with that. Thank you for your response!

RE: An Official Hello! - Lihli - 05-15-2017

Welcome to the game and, soon, to Balmung!

We have a really good community here, so feel free to post around as much as you'd like. Even be a lurker if you don't feel comfortable with it! Do you have Discord as well? A lot of us use that and there are many, many FFXIV/Balmung-related servers out there.

If you'd ever like to discuss lore or have someone to brainstorm ideas off of, feel free to message me! I'm available here, on tumblr, and on Discord as Lily#3261! Hope you enjoy your time here!

(05-15-2017, 03:59 PM)Lihli Wrote: Welcome to the game and, soon, to Balmung!

We have a really good community here, so feel free to post around as much as you'd like. Even be a lurker if you don't feel comfortable with it! Do you have Discord as well? A lot of us use that and there are many, many FFXIV/Balmung-related servers out there.

If you'd ever like to discuss lore or have someone to brainstorm ideas off of, feel free to message me! I'm available here, on tumblr, and on Discord as Lily#3261! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Thank you! I do have a Discord, but I'm not sure how involved I'll be in the RP community yet, so I plan to hold off on joining a server for now. However, I'd gladly discuss ideas and brainstorm on an individual basis! I may reach out to you on Discord.

RE: An Official Hello! - SicketySix - 05-15-2017

Welcome to the forums mate.

(05-15-2017, 04:28 PM)SicketySix Wrote: Welcome to the forums mate.

Thank you! I hope to stick around!

RE: An Official Hello! - Helmheid - 05-16-2017

Welcome! What do you think your playing hours might be? Im from EU and tend to play in the evenings (my time), feel free to poke me in-game if that's the same for you.

RE: An Official Hello! - Thunderbolt300 - 05-16-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard the RPC, and hopefully soon to Balmung! Thumbsup

Your character concepts all sound pretty awesome on the whole, too!

RE: An Official Hello! - Cinaust - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 12:14 PM)Helmheid Wrote: Welcome! What do you think your playing hours might be? Im from EU and tend to play in the evenings (my time), feel free to poke me in-game if that's the same for you.

Ahaha, playing hours are always the tricky part. I'm in the US until May 20th, but then I'll be in Seoul until mid-August for the summer. Can't wait to see what the ping is like;; 

But if you're in the EU, our playtime will probably overlap! I'll be sure to take you up on your offer. Thank you!

RE: An Official Hello! - Cinaust - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 02:15 PM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there, and welcome aboard the RPC, and hopefully soon to Balmung! Thumbsup

Your character concepts all sound pretty awesome on the whole, too!

Thank you! I do hope I can transfer to Balmung soon enough, aha. I think once the servers come up, I'll make my characters and get through the beginner quests on other servers so that I won't have to toil through them on Balmung. The biggest struggle is going to be deciding who I want to play!

You've all been incredibly helpful - I hope to see everyone around!

RE: An Official Hello! - C'rookh Nunh - 05-17-2017

Hey there,

As others have stated, welcome to the RPC. I quite like your character ideas. If you need a roleplay contact let me know and I'll gladly roleplay with you. Best of luck on the double majoring. That sounds pretty tough.

RE: An Official Hello! - Cinaust - 05-17-2017

(05-17-2017, 01:57 AM)C Wrote: Hey there,

As others have stated, welcome to the RPC. I quite like your character ideas. If you need a roleplay contact let me know and I'll gladly roleplay with you. Best of luck on the double majoring. That sounds pretty tough.

Thank you! I'd love to roleplay with you, so I'll be sure to take you up on your offer!

RE: An Official Hello! - Cinaust - 05-17-2017

Ah, darn, guess I joined at a bad time. Transfers to Balmung are on lockdown due to overpopulation. Hm. 

Does anyone have any advice on what other servers would be good for RP or is at least starting to build a community? I've heard people mention Mateus?