Hydaelyn Role-Players
Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) (/showthread.php?tid=19352)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Mercer - 05-22-2017

Paladins are getting a physical AoE

They can block magic attacks

They can put down a cone that reduces damage by 15% and gives them a 100% block rate.

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 02:12 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 02:06 PM)Kilieit Wrote: [Image: 145e96faea.jpg]

'nuff said.

I'm surprisingly thankful for this. Always had to keep, like Ruin I on a bar somewhere for if/when I got synced down too far on my Mentor roulettes.

... Though, now that I think about it, how will that work for SMN? You don't want to Ruin III spam unless you're Trancing. And will that affect the Miasmas/Bios/Aeros where you'd usually stack both levels on them? Plus, doesn't the BLM cycle involve just using the IVs for the max stacks before going back to the threes? Or is it just for things that are literal straight upgrades (which, really, Stone is the only example of that comes to mind)?

Clarification plz. Sad

Only "upgraded" skills. I could see them merging say, ruin 1 and ruin 2, but I don't think 3 would be added to the mix. For things like bio and miasma, the skills have different effects and don't really scale as much as stack. I don't think we have to worry there.

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Kilieit - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 02:12 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Or is it just for things that are literal straight upgrades (which, really, Stone is the only example of that comes to mind)?

Yep. They gave example of Thunder: Thunder 1 and 3 are going to be single-target, whereas Thunder 2 and 4 will be AoE. So you'll need two hotbar spaces: one for Thunder Odd, one for Thunder Even. The game will automatically use the highest level one available to you at the time.

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Nero - 05-22-2017

The combat changes look very, very good. I'm slightly worried about particle spam--Bard and Machinist are getting some super flashy abilities--but overall the experience looks like it'll be smoother across the board.

Now the next thing to hope for: an endgame that consists of something other than mindlessly spamming your rotation.

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Val - 05-22-2017

Iiiiis there a saved stream/update somewhere? I'm at work and didn't get to seeeeee D=

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Gegenji - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 02:18 PM)Kilieit Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 02:12 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Or is it just for things that are literal straight upgrades (which, really, Stone is the only example of that comes to mind)?

Yep. They gave example of Thunder: Thunder 1 and 3 are going to be single-target, whereas Thunder 2 and 4 will be AoE. So you'll need two hotbar spaces: one for Thunder Odd, one for Thunder Even. The game will automatically use the highest level one available to you at the time.

Okay, I'm interested again. Big Grin

... Though, if I recall correctly, only Miasma has the single-target I vs the AoE II comparatively on the ACN+ (ie, ACN, SMN, and SCH) side. Bio and Bio II are both single-target. So will those get merged as well? Considering ACN+ is a lot about DoT-stacking, I kinda hope there'll be a Bio III or something that'll be AoE if so. Otherwise that's a bit of a jab at the ACN+ DPS numbers.

I suppose I'm just a bit nitpicky for my main class set (even if I'm gonna play the heck outta RDM).

(05-22-2017, 02:20 PM)Nero Wrote: The combat changes look very, very good. I'm slightly worried about particle spam--Bard and Machinist are getting some super flashy abilities--but overall the experience looks like it'll be smoother across the board.

Now the next thing to hope for: an endgame that consists of something other than mindlessly spamming your rotation.

I know, right? Something that requires a good bit of mechanics would be wonderful. Something thought-provoking, even, would make me incredibly happy. 

I'd also heard that they planned on allowing BRD/MCH to be able to move again so they're not just physical mages? Whoever thought that was a good idea in the first place needs to be tied to a car and dragged down a road full of jagged rocks and nails.

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Kage - 05-22-2017

They're removing cast times. Repeated several times xD

BYE PARRY

BYE ACCURACY

(05-22-2017, 02:25 PM)Kage Wrote: They're removing cast times. Repeated several times xD

BYE PARRY

BYE ACCURACY

\o/ I admittedly haven't done PvE content in (many) months because a lot of it grew very stale to me. Buuuut with these changes I'm pretty excited to get back to it. Looks like they're doing a ton of great improvements.

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Heidrek - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 01:26 PM)Oswin Wrote: 5! 5 FEL CLEAVES IN A ROW! NO PACIFY!

THE AGE OF WARRIOR HAS ARRIVED

TIME TO RESUB, BOYS

Finally watching a stream.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh pvp might not suck anymore

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Aegir - 05-22-2017

[Image: tumblr_inline_oqd8zoBkE51uvp0z8_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_oqdba2NGnk1uvp0z8_500.jpg]

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Kage - 05-22-2017

Jump potions confirmed.

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Kailani - 05-22-2017

[Image: MsGL6Aa.png]
[Image: msYd0QH.png]
***HEAVENSWARD INCLUDES ARR

[Image: bzteVEz.png]
[Image: J29nE1w.png]

** ONE PER ACCOUNT until 4.1

RE: Letter from the Producer Live XXXVI - 5/22 (May 22) - Gabineaux - 05-22-2017

Everything looks so good I am so hype