Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Noble Bard needing other Noble connections. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Noble Bard needing other Noble connections. (/showthread.php?tid=19340)

Noble Bard needing other Noble connections. - luxemas - 05-10-2017

Okay hello again to the Making Connections forum but this time for another character!

[Image: tInc8Yh.png]

This one in particular! If you want some in depth details, you can see his RPC Wiki page here but here's a little short and skinny about him.

Name: Aloyv Riordan
Home: Ul'dah
Race: Half-Elezen
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Noble from Merchant Family

As I've been playing this character, I've been doing well having him interact with some of the artistic folk of Ul'dah as well as folk who were generally from the more from the streets, which is super. Buuuuut I'm finding that he doesn't have connections to other noble characters aside from any sort of NPC I've created from him (pretty much immediate family and that's it).

SO.

Basically I'm trying to make some connections with other characters that fit from his background and upbringing.

Also for anyone else I'm currently doing RP things with DON'T WORRY I'M NOT REPLACING YOU OR ANYTHING more just I realize I don't have RP partners that fit his origin and I figured it was worth looking out for to help flesh him out more.

ANYHOO.

Things in particular I'd like to find:
+General friends who are of noble affiliation as well (though keep in mind Aloyv is also a bastard child so it could make things complicated)
+Extended family if you're willing to write it in a bit (cousins, aunt/uncles, stuff of that nature)
+Friends with folk who may not have been nobles but were still within that circle (people who worked for his family's business, retainers either his own or retainers to other noble folk)
+Rival from another family? Sure why not! Could actually be fun!

Things I'd like to avoid:
-Immediate family (like I said, I kinda got that bit sorted out already).
-Anything romantic, current or previous. Also none to fond of admirers. 
-Straight up bullies. The guy is an adult now, so that'd feel kinda lame.

Also worth noting, any race or gender is welcome.

In any case, you're more than welcome to discuss things further with me over PM in case you want to make things more complex and fleshed out, but if you wanna just do a typical run into thing, we can work with that as well. It'll usually be much easier to reach me on here cause when I'm in game can always be sorta up in the air, but do please consider it if it sounds like something you might fit with! c:

RE: Noble Bard needing other Noble connections. - Thunderbolt300 - 05-15-2017

Hey there! 

I earmarked this the day it was posted and read over the RPC Wiki page, but at the time my noble character hadn't quite launched yet. Now that he has, well!

I link to Zavin's profile below in my signature, but for the abridged edition, he is the heir to a small Ishgardian noble house that is sworn to House Dzemael. He's a fairly down to earth guy, in a departure from your standard noble, and works as a lawyer in association with the Gridanian government. He is a character that also champions the good of the common people and political reform, although he arguably favors evil means to achieve those ends. I don't want to spoil too much here, but he has some pretty deep reasons for why a noble would strive to dismantle the aristocracy, and for why he's in Gridania instead of at home. 

I suspect Aloyv and Zavin would share some common ground- potentially quite a bit- despite being on completely opposite ends of the alignment spectrum. They could be friends, allies, or potentially even rivals, depending on what happens!