Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] The Seventh Hell Lounge - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] The Seventh Hell Lounge (/showthread.php?tid=19313)

The Seventh Hell Lounge - Tarixxian - 05-07-2017

The Seventh Hell provides a high-end, but laid back atmosphere. It serves a variety of tasteful drinks, as well as custom drinks when requested. The performance stage is open for those brave enough to stand before the judgemental gazes of their fellow patrons.

Rules:
- Dress Code is enforced to an extent. At least keep yourself well groomed and in a tasteful outfit.
- Do not come behind the bar. The alcohol is back there.
- Do not fight other patrons.

- Time: 7 PM CST to 10 PM CST on Tuesdays.

Hope to see you all there! Moogle

RE: The Seventh Hell Lounge - Lydia Lightfoot - 05-07-2017

So now there's the "7th Haven" (misspelling of "Heaven" intentional, is my understanding) and the "Seventh Hell" as taverns. Now we just need someone to make a tavern called "Purgatory #7" and we'll have it all covered.

RE: The Seventh Hell Lounge - Nayumi Deschain - 06-27-2017

(05-07-2017, 04:37 AM)Lydia Lightfoot Wrote: So now there's the "7th Haven" (misspelling of "Heaven" intentional, is my understanding) and the "Seventh Hell" as taverns. Now we just need someone to make a tavern called "Purgatory #7" and we'll have it all covered.

As the creator of "7th Haven" I can assure you that, no, Haven is not an intentional misspelling of the word "Heaven". It's the correct spelling of the word "Haven". Please don't spread rumors based on uninformed assumptions, thanks.

RE: The Seventh Hell Lounge - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-01-2017

(06-27-2017, 03:07 AM)Nayumi Deschain Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 04:37 AM)Lydia Lightfoot Wrote: So now there's the "7th Haven" (misspelling of "Heaven" intentional, is my understanding) and the "Seventh Hell" as taverns. Now we just need someone to make a tavern called "Purgatory #7" and we'll have it all covered.

As the creator of "7th Haven" I can assure you that, no, Haven is not an intentional misspelling of the word "Heaven". It's the correct spelling of the word "Haven". Please don't spread rumors based on uninformed assumptions, thanks.

Just now saw this, so I apologize about not responding sooner. The information I'd provided had come from a private chat with Ardam, during August 2016. He had advertised the venue, so I'd messaged to ask him if the name he'd intended had been "7th Heaven" like in FF7, and he responded that was correct. I replied that he seemed to have left off the first "e" (which is a typo that could've happened, and since Haven is also a valid word, a spellchecker wouldn't have caught it to let him know, so I was intending to be helpful), and he responded that it was intentional. 

So, I apologize if you perceived what I said as some sort of slight toward you or your venue. That wasn't my intention at all - I'd only been commenting from what I'd been told. Further, what I wrote there was meant in fun. Seventh Heaven, Seventh Hell, Seventh Purgatory, etc.

RE: The Seventh Hell Lounge - Ardam Blackstone - 08-02-2017

Double post woops

RE: The Seventh Hell Lounge - Ardam Blackstone - 08-02-2017

(08-02-2017, 02:56 AM)Ardam Wrote: Simple misunderstanding, no hard feelings!

I did say the idea came from FF7, and that the spelling was indeed, intentional, because Haven is a word.

Given the off topic discussion here--I'd just like to say that I look forward to stopping by and checking out this "Seventh Hell."

See you soon!

RE: The Seventh Hell Lounge - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-02-2017

Thank you for understanding, Ardam! Big Grin

On that note, to the OP, is this event still active? I'd only become aware of the response to my original joke because two members of the Reliquarian's Guild stopped by at the scheduled time this week and there wasn't anybody present - though they did say the decor seemed nice!