Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer (/showthread.php?tid=19284)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Maqali Qulaan - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 07:12 PM)Valic Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 06:35 PM)Maqali Qulaan Wrote: *snip*
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this but I'm exhausted atm and feel like I should go over it again tomorrow after I rest some. On just a couple side notes though, I do the dice thing whenever I feel it implies possession or "movement" of another character other than my own that's of extremes. Like handing a person a piece of paper I'm talking to as compared to trying to sneak a flier into their back pocket or something lol.

Her stories have me curious how they work/happened, like carbuncles that are hungry? XD. I can definitely see some interesting interactions between them with him being a studious academic and her being the more untamed go-getter type. Again, I'll need to reread a bit tomorrow but I would like to ask just a couple questions for now.

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Valic_Sunblood

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=20128&pid=300191#pid300191

Under the section titled "Chronicle" is an idea of how Valic's lifespan is going through each patch and a brief summary around his involvement. Considering her age seems to be fairly young (I want to assume maybe 17 being still mid-teens but old enough to have gone through everything she has according to her description), she seems quite fresh to the concept of not being for the empire. Valic's current involvement has me questioning how much this might conflict with her with what he's up to int his current patch. Leading into the post of his journal entry (not known knowledge of course) to a current investigation plot line I've started for a lil bit that requires trust from someone who wouldn't betray him or be a potential threat to Garlemald(though if she did betray him, that'd still be interesting to see how that all gets resolved and even better if there's Garlean RP'ers out there that wanted to do battle with Valic or something along those lines in all this, or even be apart of that whole adventure). I simply ask to review the last section of the chronicle in his wiki and the post of his journal entry to question if you would have any conflicts with any of that or if your character would at all.

I am seeking a long term loyal retainer after all, just want to affirm that his plot is a bit thick atm and I wouldn't want to detour too far off it. Like say this investigation gets sidetracked because she's secretly helping Garlemald or goes on a huge side adventure of her own that requires Valic's full attention to stop/protect/rescue her(while I won't mind this in the future though of course considering she sounds like she may find herself in sticky situations at times :p).

Sorry this is so long, I type too much when I'm tired >.< look forward to you replying!

Short reply before I dig into the journals/chronicles, unless he's wanting to murder every Imperial man, woman, and child, there's not likely to be outright conflict between them. She's grown enough in the last cycle or two to realize that maybe, just maybe, she doesn't have all the facts and is pretty open-minded. Smile

She also values personal loyalty above loyalty to a concept. Otherwise, she'd have ratted out her sister ages ago, before she had the blinders off. As for the rest, let me get to reading and I'll be back!

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Maqali Qulaan - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 07:31 PM)Maqali Qulaan Wrote:
*snipsnip*
Short reply before I dig into the journals/chronicles, unless he's wanting to murder every Imperial man, woman, and child, there's not likely to be outright conflict between them. She's grown enough in the last cycle or two to realize that maybe, just maybe, she doesn't have all the facts and is pretty open-minded. Smile

She also values personal loyalty above loyalty to a concept. Otherwise, she'd have ratted out her sister ages ago, before she had the blinders off. As for the rest, let me get to reading and I'll be back!
A more thorough reply appeared!

Having read your journals, I do not feel as though Valic and Maqali are likely to come into conflict. As I mentioned above, she places a high value on personal loyalty, but in addition while she's not gung-ho anti-Empire, she's seen enough to believe that there are people who are taking the Empire in a bad direction (and she's spent enough time in Ul'dah to know that Ala Mhigo was not a good thing). I definitely see potential for longer-term shared story relating to the Empire, though! More likely than her betraying him would be her trying to "make contact with the good people of the Empire and encourage/rescue/etc. them" and getting in over her head. So, you wouldn't have to worry about your loyal retainer selling you out! That said, she's also rather naive in many ways, so while an intentional betrayal is unlikely, an accidental one is far more so (especially if it serves to promote the plot).

On a related note to the above, from an OOC perspective I definitely try not to usurp other peoples' plots by going "WAIT LOOK OVER HERE AT WHAT I'M DOING!" which is essentially what an unplanned betrayal would be. There's nothing saying we couldn't plan one OOCly to further the plot, but I definitely wouldn't mess with your plot by derailing it in such a fashion. That would be very bad form on my part Smile

As for other Imperial-sympathetic players? There IS a linkshell of such, and I'm still part of it, but not sure how active it is at the moment. I can certainly shake the tree and see what comes out if/when the time comes.

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Arashin Kujqai - 07-22-2017

(07-21-2017, 08:14 PM)Maqali Qulaan Wrote:
*snipsnip*

Having read your journals, I do not feel as though Valic and Maqali are likely to come into conflict. As I mentioned above, she places a high value on personal loyalty, but in addition while she's not gung-ho anti-Empire, she's seen enough to believe that there are people who are taking the Empire in a bad direction (and she's spent enough time in Ul'dah to know that Ala Mhigo was not a good thing). I definitely see potential for longer-term shared story relating to the Empire, though! More likely than her betraying him would be her trying to "make contact with the good people of the Empire and encourage/rescue/etc. them" and getting in over her head. So, you wouldn't have to worry about your loyal retainer selling you out! That said, she's also rather naive in many ways, so while an intentional betrayal is unlikely, an accidental one is far more so (especially if it serves to promote the plot).

On a related note to the above, from an OOC perspective I definitely try not to usurp other peoples' plots by going "WAIT LOOK OVER HERE AT WHAT I'M DOING!" which is essentially what an unplanned betrayal would be. There's nothing saying we couldn't plan one OOCly to further the plot, but I definitely wouldn't mess with your plot by derailing it in such a fashion. That would be very bad form on my part Smile

As for other Imperial-sympathetic players? There IS a linkshell of such, and I'm still part of it, but not sure how active it is at the moment. I can certainly shake the tree and see what comes out if/when the time comes.
Very good, I don't think I'd count Valic as a murderer or someone to racially slaughter Garleans specifically either. He's more specifically aiding in the war at hand now considering he couldn't in the times before.... His eyes are definitely peeled and he's taken a more strong/stoic stance to this investigation considering the severity of leaking information and the like.

Let me mull it over a bit and we'll arrange for something to set it up or practice, I'll give you my discord in pm's. I also only RP while I have the tag up and have a linkshells dedicated for just the 2's interactions via linkpearl if ever needed.

RE: Magic Philosopher male Miqo'te seeking Retainer - Maqali Qulaan - 07-22-2017

(07-22-2017, 07:14 AM)Valic Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 08:14 PM)Maqali Qulaan Wrote:
*snipsnip*

Very good, I don't think I'd count Valic as a murderer or someone to racially slaughter Garleans specifically either. He's more specifically aiding in the war at hand now considering he couldn't in the times before.... His eyes are definitely peeled and he's taken a more strong/stoic stance to this investigation considering the severity of leaking information and the like.

Let me mull it over a bit and we'll arrange for something to set it up or practice, I'll give you my discord in pm's. I also only RP while I have the tag up and have a linkshells dedicated for just the 2's interactions via linkpearl if ever needed.
Sounds good to me! Like you, I run the RP tag during RP times and don't when not. I'll be around on and off throughout the day today. Smile