Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to RP and looking to make a character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: New to RP and looking to make a character (/showthread.php?tid=18987)

New to RP and looking to make a character - Hellmach - 03-29-2017

My personal story and character story are a little intertwined at this moment.  Real life I had an SO ditch me on a server we transferred to together just to go back to our old server with the new guy. I've been planning a photo shoot with an Alice in Wonderland theme and thought I  could have some fun with this stuff. I think RP, something I've never done before, would be the best way I can make the best of what was a sad moment in my life and FF14 experience. I've always been a fan of Italian mafia movies and thought I could do something of the sort with an Eorzean twist.  Starting from the bottom and moving back up like my experience in this new server is so far. I still have my eternity ring and thought it would be a great ring to use in my Godfather/Godmother themed role play.  My question is where can I start?  What glamour can I use? I was thinking fur coat with an old time hat,  pointed shoes and the ring to kiss. I am female in game so not all glamour would work out. Are the any linkshells in Sargatanas for this.  Thank you. 

RE: New to RP and looking to make a character - Gegenji - 03-29-2017

Well, just to focus on the outfit idea, I think you could manage something. I know for a fact there's a nice heavy coat you get from the MSQ near the end of HW - all class, no level restrictions (I think?), but I don't recall if it's dye-able or not so you may be stuck dyeing everything else around it. For the hat, I think there's some gathering hats that look like fedoras - I don't quite recall if there's an all class option as well or not, but it might be worth looking into regardless. And, finally, I think there's a wide variety of dress shoe options amongst the tuxedo and butler-y outfits that you shouldn't have any particular issue finding a pointed shoe. Other than that, I'd say just look through the Market Boards and see if any of the clothing pieces click for you or not.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you too much on the LS side as I am over on Balmung. Hopefully someone from there will post in here and give you some suggestions, though!

RE: New to RP and looking to make a character - Hellmach - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 11:23 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Well, just to focus on the outfit idea, I think you could manage something. I know for a fact there's a nice heavy coat you get from the MSQ near the end of HW - all class, no level restrictions (I think?), but I don't recall if it's dye-able or not so you may be stuck dyeing everything else around it. For the hat, I think there's some gathering hats that look like fedoras - I don't quite recall if there's an all class option as well or not, but it might be worth looking into regardless. And, finally, I think there's a wide variety of dress shoe options amongst the tuxedo and butler-y outfits that you shouldn't have any particular issue finding a pointed shoe. Other than that, I'd say just look through the Market Boards and see if any of the clothing pieces click for you or not.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can help you too much on the LS side as I am over on Balmung. Hopefully someone from there will post in here and give you some suggestions, though!

Maybe we can chat over crossworld pf about beginner's tips and what not. 

Ah, sure, if we can catch each other, I suppose. Blush

I must admit I haven't really used the crossworld PF much beyond light grinding for my Anima weapon.

(03-29-2017, 12:41 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Ah, sure, if we can catch each other, I suppose. Blush

I must admit I haven't really used the crossworld PF much beyond light grinding for my Anima weapon.

I think I have an idea for her... Her nickname is "La Donna". Abandoned by her partner in the big city she had to do small crimes to survive at first but ends up building a mostly legal trading empire through cunning, shrewd dealing, and the occasional "deals you can't refuse". She is mostly cold with an occasional glint of emotion that never seems truly real. She likes to wear very casual and cute outfits and carries a huge gun or her knives around with her when she needs some more "leverage". She carries her partner's ring around as a sign of authority and because the diamond on it really leaves nasty scars and in Godfather style fashion she will ask people to kiss it if they need a favor from her. She isn't above having several lovers to relieve her stress but intimacy isn't that important to her anyways. This is the glam I have for her but I'm going to see if I can put a "business" outfit together along with some other outfits.

RE: New to RP and looking to make a character - Ritsu - 03-29-2017

Weaver chest would prob work really well for it. But you would have to put some work into it if you don't have that at 60 XD I use it for one of my more fancy outfits for my elezen.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=IEZS%2bXMd&id=6CB3B8C63940F711DD0024BC467F46B6F0CE8FAA&q=Weaver+60+chest+ff14&simid=607993050680593601&selectedIndex=0&ajaxhist=0

RE: New to RP and looking to make a character - Amnesic - 03-29-2017

I've been watching this for a while and I've got to say that this idea is developing really well! True Italian Mafia is pretty rare to see anywhere in RP and I love how you're tying it into your own life. I don't doubt you'll get attached to her in no time.

Funny, why does a Lalafell seem to make such a good mafia leader? *Looks around anxiously*

(03-29-2017, 08:14 PM)Amnesic Wrote: I've been watching this for a while and I've got to say that this idea is developing really well! True Italian Mafia is pretty rare to see anywhere in RP and I love how you're tying it into your own life. I don't doubt you'll get attached to her in no time.

Funny, why does a Lalafell seem to make such a good mafia leader? *Looks around anxiously*

Because you know something is up when you have 5 Roes at your beck and call kissing your ring and paying tribute Tongue

(03-29-2017, 08:14 PM)Amnesic Wrote: Funny, why does a Lalafell seem to make such a good mafia leader? *Looks around anxiously*

[Image: ZQZGiRj.png]

I have no idea what you're talking about, Amnesic.

... By the by, this is sort of what I was describing, in case you want to try these outfit pieces. All of which are dyeable.

Holy Rainbow Hat (All Classes, Level 53)
Alpine Coat (All Classes, Level 1, MSQ Reward)
Butler's Gloves (All Classes, Level 1)
Butler's Slacks (All Classes, Level 1)
Butler's Gaiters (All Classes, Level 1)

The only issue is that the Butler pieces are Male-only, but you can buy the Best Man's Slacks and Gaiters from Rianne the Clothier in Ul'dah as a solid alternative (which are also all class, level 1, and dyeable). No gloves, though you could just use some bog standard silk gloves for that, but you'll probably want to forgo that anyway since the gloves will hide rings. I mean, the Shire healer gloves could work since they do allow you to wear rings over them, but that's level 60 healer gear.

RE: New to RP and looking to make a character - Hellmach - 03-30-2017

(03-29-2017, 10:33 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 08:14 PM)Amnesic Wrote: Funny, why does a Lalafell seem to make such a good mafia leader? *Looks around anxiously*

[Image: ZQZGiRj.png]

I have no idea what you're talking about, Amnesic.

... By the by, this is sort of what I was describing, in case you want to try these outfit pieces. All of which are dyeable.

Holy Rainbow Hat (All Classes, Level 53)
Alpine Coat (All Classes, Level 1, MSQ Reward)
Butler's Gloves (All Classes, Level 1)
Butler's Slacks (All Classes, Level 1)
Butler's Gaiters (All Classes, Level 1)

The only issue is that the Butler pieces are Male-only, but you can buy the Best Man's Slacks and Gaiters from Rianne the Clothier in Ul'dah as a solid alternative (which are also all class, level 1, and dyeable). No gloves, though you could just use some bog standard silk gloves for that, but you'll probably want to forgo that anyway since the gloves will hide rings. I mean, the Shire healer gloves could work since they do allow you to wear rings over them, but that's level 60 healer gear.

I made a suit out of Holy rainbow hat and best man attire. This looks great though.

RE: New to RP and looking to make a character - Hellmach - 04-04-2017

I'm going to change her backstory because this is a relationship I'm moving on from.  But here's what I got.

Spring dress
Pearl Roselle hat
I forgot what shoes but probably the wedding ones 

Classic outfit is the best man attire and the hat is Archeoskin Cloche. I can't use the rainbow hat because my mch is 50.

The weapon is a coral pink Augmented Magitek gun.