Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! (/showthread.php?tid=18869)

Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - SPNoelle - 03-16-2017

Hello everyone, I'm SPNoelle, player of Kathenna Casibree the midlander on Balmung. I'm new to the game, only played FFX for a short time. A friend decided I needed to try it out and, dang it, I am actually enjoying it. It's been a while since I've really delved into RP, and this game makes me want to in the worst way. I'm still looking for ways to punish him for being right.

I'm a steampunker, so the airships really get me! The outfits are kinda cool from a punker's PoV, as well. Plus, I'm excited and eager to get my hands on an apartment someday. No idea how to yet, but I'm learning the game bit by bit. If I can decorate it in copper and wood, I'm going to be gleeful as a kid. 

Anyway, I wanted to add my own greeting. I look forward to meeting folks in-game. Please don't mind my awkwardness, I'm slow to warm up.

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Cursetin - 03-16-2017

I'm new to the forums, so my 'welcome' for here is a little meek but...for the game? I can shout a loud, happy 'Welcome!' 

I'm so glad you're enjoying it here. This game has an awful lot to offer! A lot of the outfits are rather steampunk in theme, and I'm sure you'll have a blast with that. I kind of think you'll enjoy the Machinist job, once you get to that part of the game!

If you need any help, please let me know! I'm Enkhtuya Kha on Balmung, but my main is on Leviathan. if I'm on, I'd be glad to help you out! Perhaps we can even RP a bit together, if we can catch each other online.

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Gegenji - 03-16-2017

It's a bit of a ways off, but if you like the techno-machine-y sort of stuff, once you hit Heavensward (which is at level 50+, yeah, a ways off) there's a class called the Machinist that uses guns and little floaty turrets and stuff. You might've seen a couple around already. But yeah, might like that, I think. Thumbsup

Not that you have to have it unlocked to RP as someone who tinkers with machines and airships and the like! Just a fun suggestion. Blush

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Ryslo Suramlo - 03-16-2017

At the moment Apartments are really tough to get on Balmung, either you luck out on securing an empty one or you find a player that is willing to barter. Its the one downside with Balmung. The inflation of Housing is nearly 400 to 500% higher then other server's and I have a hunch it is because the fact we are a RP centrist server (Yay!) and Supply as well as Demand. If you want your own room best bet (and easiest) is just joining a Free Company with a House. Now Free Companies without Homes are great too because they often utilize the various buildings built into the world and speaking from experience that can be really fun as well.

With that said, I do welcome you to Balmung. Final Fantasy XIV is an amazing game because the Developer's care alot more about the community then other games plus the constant updates given to us that isn't just fluff. If you need help too most of the player's here will be glad to offer advice or even run a dungeon here and there. You can add Ryslo Suramlo to your friends list if you'd like. I dont mind answering Questions and from time to time running a Dungeon or just even Rping.

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Amnesic - 03-16-2017

Hey there and welcome to the game! It's good to hear you're enjoying the game, and I'm sure you'll find some way or another to get back at him.

I don't know much about the housing as I've never had one, but I'm sure you can probably get that kind of look.

Most of us are slow to open up, but usually you stay pretty open when you do. Anyhow, welcome to the RPC!

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Thunderbolt300 - 03-16-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to FFXIV! Thumbsup

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Deahfel - 03-17-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC and Balmung! Glad to hear you are enjoying your time so far. I think you will find the RP community on Balmung is second to none. You are in luck if you like the more steampunk theme of things as you will certainly be seeing a lot of that in the main story and in the outfits you get as you work through it.

If you have any questions or ever want to RP sometime feel free to send me a tell sometime!

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Lan Darklyn - 03-17-2017

(03-16-2017, 07:59 PM)Gegenji Wrote: It's a bit of a ways off, but if you like the techno-machine-y sort of stuff, once you hit Heavensward (which is at level 50+, yeah, a ways off) there's a class called the Machinist that uses guns and little floaty turrets and stuff. You might've seen a couple around already. But yeah, might like that, I think. Thumbsup

Not that you have to have it unlocked to RP as someone who tinkers with machines and airships and the like! Just a fun suggestion. Blush
Yeah Machinist might be something you will like like Gegenji said, plus there is the Sky Pirate armor

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - SPNoelle - 03-17-2017

Hi everyone and thank you so much for the welcomes Smile I'm definitely going to be looking into the technomachine stuff once I hit the 50s for sure. I'm only at 25 now, so I have a ways to go, but that means I get to learn more about the game in the meantime! WOO! 

I'm heartbroken to hear that apartments are difficult to get. That means I'll have to do some underhanded things ... like crafting. I got to see my friend's apartment, he got one through his free company. I don't know that I'd want to join one just to get an apartment, as I'd really like to join a group for the camaraderie and such. That's always the best reason, lol. Maybe I can just steal his....? Evil

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - Thunderbolt300 - 03-26-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:44 PM)SPNoelle Wrote: Hi everyone and thank you so much for the welcomes Smile I'm definitely going to be looking into the technomachine stuff once I hit the 50s for sure. I'm only at 25 now, so I have a ways to go, but that means I get to learn more about the game in the meantime! WOO! 

I'm heartbroken to hear that apartments are difficult to get. That means I'll have to do some underhanded things ... like crafting. I got to see my friend's apartment, he got one through his free company. I don't know that I'd want to join one just to get an apartment, as I'd really like to join a group for the camaraderie and such. That's always the best reason, lol. Maybe I can just steal his....? Evil

This is a little late but, ahem.

Buying the apartment itself will run you 500,000 gil just to buy the base real estate in one of the apartment complexes (of which there are few, if any, left, so expect to pay more to get someone else to surrender theirs to you). Free company apartments run 300,000 gil. Either way, this is really only the tip of the iceburg because then you need to furnish the bloody thing. So, if you're looking for a gil sink, this is going to be it later. As a matter of philosophy, find yourself a free company that offers you the comraderie you want, and then worry about your apartment! Most active free companies have housing of some sort anyway. If you change free companies, you'll lose your apartment and be out the 300K too!

RE: Hauled into FFXVI kicking and screaming! - SPNoelle - 03-26-2017

Ahh dang it. Well... I've hit 150K already (thank you, weaving) so I'm hoping in the next few months I can attempt it. If not, then it can sit on the back burner. It's not the most important reason to play, but I do love to decorate houses. And every game that has it, I love to jump into it. At least I'm halfway, hehe.

That also means I need more time for RP! Big Grin Thanks for the head's up Thunderbolt!