Hydaelyn Role-Players
RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! (/showthread.php?tid=18805)

Pages: 1 2

RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Kiki Carson - 03-10-2017

Hiya! I finally got a character swapped over to Balmung and I'm excited to take a crack at RP here! I have plenty of experience, but don't really have anywhere to start at all. I figure I can list some stuff here and see if anyone can either point me in the right direction or hit me up with any ideas!

RP/Writing Experience:
I've been RPing in MMOs for the past 5 years, with little breaks in between. I've done work in SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, and LOTRO roleplay-wise, and was an active forum user/writer for the SWTOR RP forums. I started RPing in private groups outside of MMOs a few years ago and still do to this day, commonly playing as both a character and DM. In real life, I'm currently in three different D&D campaigns, one of which I am the DM. I also have taken writing commissions in the past, although that has been on hiatus for quite a while due to college work. 

RP Preferences:
My biggest draw to the RP format of storytelling is the organic process of creating character arcs. Many RP experiences become a character study once I'm more developed, as I invest more time and experience into the character I play. That being said, my favorite RPs are those with some sort of story, whether it be a slow-burn developing plotline or a one-off RP occurrence. Along with this, I'm a fan of simple, slice-of-life RPs and sillier situations for development and such! I'm very much flexible, and learn to mold my character around the scenario I'm presented.

RP Ideas:
Currently I'm working on my Hyur character named Akilda Carson, or Kiki for short. She's very blank-slate right now, so I'm very open to suggestions or fitting her into any RPs I may be invited to. She'll be my only character for a long time on here, so I'll be developing her quite a bit!

Real Life Info:
I'm a college student with a job on the side, so my schedule can get pretty packed! If I'm ever absent for a while, please know that it isn't for a lack of trying to log on! I can usually check this site easier than the game, so if someone desperately needs to reach me, a PM on here would most likely work better.

So, hope this info helps give people an idea of where to point me. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully I'll see you around!

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Thunderbolt300 - 03-10-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

DnD is king. grunt 

As for character ideas, perhaps I can tempt you down the Dark Side? There's dental coverage.

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Kiki Carson - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 11:54 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

DnD is king. grunt 

As for character ideas, perhaps I can tempt you down the Dark Side? There's dental coverage.

Thanks for the welcome! 

Going to the Dark Side is always a bit iffy for me, especially with that terminology (Jedi4Lyfe), but meeting people on the Dark Side? That could be fun!

Also, if anyone wants to contact me in game as well, I go by the same name in game as my account on here! I'm online at the time of posting this, so feel free to reach out!

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - LillyFerron - 03-10-2017

Hi! and welcome to the rpc. If you are interested I would love to help you work on your character. My FC currently has an open discord channel if you wish to check it out and ask around there. Feel free to get in contact with me! And welcome to the rp server!

(03-10-2017, 01:02 PM)LillyFerron Wrote: Hi! and welcome to the rpc. If you are interested I would love to help you work on your character. My FC currently has an open discord channel if you wish to check it out and ask around there. Feel free to get in contact with me! And welcome to the rp server!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! If you want to shoot over a PM with links to your FC, I'll gladly check it out!

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Veyha Yanjahl - 03-10-2017

Heya and welcome to the RPC! As far as pointing in the right directions go, please be sure to check out the Making Connections thread you won't regret it. \o/

(03-10-2017, 03:27 PM)Yvenalise Tachibana Wrote: Heya and welcome to the RPC! As far as pointing in the right directions go, please be sure to check out the Making Connections thread you won't regret it. \o/

Thank you very much! I'll check it out now, hopefully I can spot something or post myself.

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Amnesic - 03-10-2017

Hey there, welcome to the RPC! (Wow, I'm late this time.)

If you're ever up for some forum RP, just send a message my way and we'll see what we can do!

(03-10-2017, 03:54 PM)Amnesic Wrote: Hey there,  welcome to the RPC!  (Wow,  I'm late this time.)

If you're ever up for some forum RP,  just send a message my way and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks for the welcome, late or otherwise! I've done forum RP in the past as well, so I'm always open to discussion on it!

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Ligardian Dreamer - 03-11-2017

Hello and welcome!

I'd say definitely check out the Community board for your roleplaying needs and desires, such as the Character Workshop, for fueling your character study, and Fun Prompts, for further story/character development.

May the path you choose be filled and blessed with the light of the crystal!

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Kiki Carson - 03-11-2017

(03-11-2017, 12:33 AM)Ligardian Dreamer Wrote: Hello and welcome!

I'd say definitely check out the Community board for your roleplaying needs and desires, such as the Character Workshop, for fueling your character study, and Fun Prompts, for further story/character development.

Thank you so much for the welcome! I'll check these spots out soon, good to know what areas to start in.

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Videra - 03-11-2017

Welcome to the fa- I mean, welcome to Balmung friendo.

Nice to see some new faces running around here, like always! As for character ideas, can I possibly tempt you to be really angry all the time?

I joke, of course, but if you ever bump into an azure haired highlander who's either really mad, or aloof, feel free to engage!

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Kiki Carson - 03-11-2017

(03-11-2017, 02:23 AM)Videra Wrote: Welcome to the fa- I mean, welcome to Balmung friendo.

Nice to see some new faces running around here, like always! As for character ideas, can I possibly tempt you to be really angry all the time?

I joke, of course, but if you ever bump into an azure haired highlander who's either really mad, or aloof, feel free to engage!

I'll keep that in mind! I also rock the blue hair, so we can bond over hair color!

RE: RPer new to Balmung, looking to dive in! - Ligardian Dreamer - 03-13-2017

(03-11-2017, 01:58 AM)Kiki Carson Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 12:33 AM)Ligardian Dreamer Wrote: Hello and welcome!

Thank you so much for the welcome! I'll check these spots out soon, good to know what areas to start in.
^^b