Hydaelyn Role-Players
RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Lore Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=18784)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Crystal Chronicler - 06-16-2017

Spoiler tags please!

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Gegenji - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 11:13 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Apparently SE doesn't want any screenshots of Stormblood until it releases on Tuesday, so you may want to remove that.

Should there be a big Mod Post about that if that's the case? Make sure everyone knows not to take and post screenies until Tuesday?

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Jeanne IX - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 11:13 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Apparently SE doesn't want any screenshots of Stormblood until it releases on Tuesday, so you may want to remove that.
Ah, ok. =x

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Zhavi - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 11:28 AM)Gegenji Wrote:

Should there be a big Mod Post about that if that's the case? Make sure everyone knows not to take and post screenies until Tuesday?

It was a request, not a desist. The only thing that they directly stated was against the TOS was datamining. They just don't want people casually spoiling the MSQ and such for others -- so spoilers should do the trick, imo.

Edit: actual wording:

Quote:For the benefit of those who will begin their adventures anew on the official release, we ask that players participating in early access refrain from posting messages, pictures, or videos containing spoilers to the official forums, the lodestone, and other social media websites.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cdd83b2d418a790bc2d1889e939d115318fe52ba

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Gegenji - 06-16-2017

Fair enough. I was just figuring if it was a thing, then it probably would be good to give it a bit more visibility to avoid problems during early access.

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Jana - 06-16-2017

At least it sounds like we can get the big takeaway that the job isn't gonna be another WoL-locked one.

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Arashin Kujqai - 06-16-2017

Exactly ^, according to just the first couple quests, it seems like anyone can just pick up on red magic. I wonder if Alisae even needed to get a soul stone or ask for one just to learn the abilities of a red mage or the trainer just tutored her regardless. He made it sound like it's his sworn duty to teach those who want to learn it no matter what. So I guess whether or not you have a soul stone(and even if you need one, it seems like), you can just become a red mage and that's that lol.

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Crystal Chronicler - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 04:37 PM)Valic Wrote: Exactly ^, according to just the first couple quests, it seems like anyone can just pick up on red magic. I wonder if Alisae even needed to get a soul stone or ask for one just to learn the abilities of a red mage or the trainer just tutored her regardless. He made it sound like it's his sworn duty to teach those who want to learn it no matter what. So I guess whether or not you have a soul stone(and even if you need one, it seems like), you can just become a red mage and that's that lol.

I like this. Maybe he wants to rebuild the order.

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Nero - 06-16-2017

Per the RPC's spoiler policy, spoilers are okay as long as they're tagged and hidden.

(06-16-2017, 04:39 PM)Crystal Chronicler Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 04:37 PM)Valic Wrote: Exactly ^, according to just the first couple quests, it seems like anyone can just pick up on red magic. I wonder if Alisae even needed to get a soul stone or ask for one just to learn the abilities of a red mage or the trainer just tutored her regardless. He made it sound like it's his sworn duty to teach those who want to learn it no matter what. So I guess whether or not you have a soul stone(and even if you need one, it seems like), you can just become a red mage and that's that lol.

I like this. Maybe he wants to rebuild the order.
Honestly, considering the amount of times he's said Crimson Duelist, I truly wonder what the title will be for this class Dodgy... Jokes aside, I adore this too. Though I'm still hoping they indulge further into what exactly red magic as a discipline is to involve rapiers or how wielding swords makes their magic so good. I took what they said so far to mean they build on their physique to enhance their natural born mana pools rather than just using ambient aether to make up for what a commoner lacks in power. Otherwise... I don't have the slightest clue so far what separates their discipline from other basic ones. Considering Conjury/Thaumaturgy originally drew from their own mana pools iirc.

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Riggy - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 06:52 PM)Valic Wrote: Honestly, considering the amount of times he's said Crimson Duelist, I truly wonder what the title will be for this class Dodgy... Jokes aside, I adore this too. Though I'm still hoping they indulge further into what exactly red magic as a discipline is to involve rapiers or how wielding swords makes their magic so good. I took what they said so far to mean they build on their physique to enhance their natural born mana pools rather than just using ambient aether to make up for what a commoner lacks in power. Otherwise... I don't have the slightest clue so far what separates their discipline from other basic ones. Considering Conjury/Thaumaturgy originally drew from their own mana pools iirc.

Scarlet Fencer!

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Valde - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 07:09 PM)Riggy Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 06:52 PM)Valic Wrote: Honestly, considering the amount of times he's said Crimson Duelist, I truly wonder what the title will be for this class Dodgy... Jokes aside, I adore this too. Though I'm still hoping they indulge further into what exactly red magic as a discipline is to involve rapiers or how wielding swords makes their magic so good. I took what they said so far to mean they build on their physique to enhance their natural born mana pools rather than just using ambient aether to make up for what a commoner lacks in power. Otherwise... I don't have the slightest clue so far what separates their discipline from other basic ones. Considering Conjury/Thaumaturgy originally drew from their own mana pools iirc.

Scarlet Fencer!

If you check it's actually 'The Red'

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Riggy - 06-16-2017

(06-16-2017, 07:42 PM)Orrin Malqir Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 07:09 PM)Riggy Wrote:

Scarlet Fencer!

If you check it's actually 'The Red'
I stopped trying to log in a while ago. I'll just wait until the transfers open tonight. 

Though "The Red" isn't particularly surprising, if a bit generic.

[youtube]0E96CfPLkPU[/youtube]

RED.

RE: RDM Lore Hypotheses and Discussion - Valence - 06-17-2017

(06-16-2017, 11:11 AM)Jeanne IX Wrote: Here's some stuff the RDM questgiver had to say:

Show Content

Show Content