Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! (/showthread.php?tid=18734)

New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! - Maeve Dune - 03-03-2017

Hello everyone!

So, I've caved, and moved a character onto Balmung, from an RP-void server. I did a whole ton of leveling back on Ragnarok, but without RP, it just doesn't feel -right-. So, here I am!

What am I looking for?
Well, first off, I'd like to find an FC, and possibly someone to sort of help 'introduce' me to RP in FFXIV. I've RP'ed on WoW for a good 9 years now, plus a few other places, so I know the -basics-, at least. But I'd need help to come up with a proper character concept and probably give actually RP'ing her a shot, too.

Now, as for an FC, I'm looking for something... adventurer-based, preferably. Not -necessarily-, but something camraderie-esque with events here and there and all that jazz. The issue is that I'm from Europe, and I'd imagine most FCs on here would be having events and RP while I'm asleep. But please, please let me know if you're part of, or know of, an FC that might cater to what I'm looking for!

TL;DR
I'm an experienced RP'er, but not in XIV, and I'm looking for a friendly player or two + an FC that'll help me get comfortable within the game and this particular community's ways of RP'ing.

Any and all help is appreciated!

RE: New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! - Thunderbolt300 - 03-03-2017

Hey there, and welcome to Balmung! Thumbsup

I honestly don't know the specifics on how present timezone wise some of the other FC's are, but I know Azeyma's Oath has an EU presence as well as the Mischief's Coven. Both of these FC's are actually next-door-neighbors too, so there's some bleedover between them for RP, but they're both radially different concepts. The Oath is a treasure hunting and relic recovery FC, whereas the Coven is a front for organized crime (aka "the mob"). There's also the Guiding Light, which I believe also has an EU presence. Theirs is more the pursuit of knowledge across Eorzea, and is a relatively new startup (so you have some opportunities to help something grow).

I might be a little biased for the Coven (*cough*), but you can't go wrong with the Oath or the Light!

RE: New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! - Maeve Dune - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 04:04 PM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Hey there, and welcome to Balmung! Thumbsup

I honestly don't know the specifics on how present timezone wise some of the other FC's are, but I know Azeyma's Oath has an EU presence as well as the Mischief's Coven. Both of these FC's are actually next-door-neighbors too, so there's some bleedover between them for RP, but they're both radially different concepts. The Oath is a treasure hunting and relic recovery FC, whereas the Coven is a front for organized crime (aka "the mob"). There's also the Guiding Light, which I believe also has an EU presence. Theirs is more the pursuit of knowledge across Eorzea, and is a relatively new startup (so you have some opportunities to help something grow).

I might be a little biased for the Coven (*cough*), but you can't go wrong with the Oath or the Light!

Thank you very much! I'll definitely be checking out the first and the last ones. I do very much like the idea of crime-based guilds, but I feel like I need something a bit more 'mellow' to start me off with. Thank you, and keep the good ideas coming!

RE: New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! - C'io Behkt - 03-04-2017

Hi! Welcome to Balmung, Maeve! Sorry I missed this earlier; EST Fridays are big workdays for me, so I always get scarce.

I saw your post on the The Guiding Light's page, and I see Kasi mentioned us here (thanks Kasi, Smile) ). I totally don't mind helping you get comfortable with this beautiful game! As a bonus, I was also a long-time roleplayer in WoW, though I stopped just after Wrath of the Lich King, so we have that in common, Big Grin. However, I do need to correct that, as of yet, my FC does not have much of a presence that corresponds with normal EU times. Some of our NA players come on early enough, but for those of us in Asia, I think your prime times are our sleepy times. (If this were a game of rock paper scissors, EU would beat JST, JST - NA, NA - EU.) That said, we can still try make something work, and I'm still very open to talking this out with you to see if we can't find a common time-ground!

RE: New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! - Maeve Dune - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 09:58 AM)C Wrote: Hi! Welcome to Balmung, Maeve! Sorry I missed this earlier; EST Fridays are big workdays for me, so I always get scarce.

I saw your post on the The Guiding Light's page, and I see Kasi mentioned us here (thanks Kasi, Smile) ). I totally don't mind helping you get comfortable with this beautiful game! As a bonus, I was also a long-time roleplayer in WoW, though I stopped just after Wrath of the Lich King, so we have that in common, Big Grin. However, I do need to correct that, as of yet, my FC does not have much of a presence that corresponds with normal EU times. Some of our NA players come on early enough, but for those of us in Asia, I think your prime times are our sleepy times. (If this were a game of rock paper scissors, EU would beat JST, JST - NA, NA - EU.) That said, we can still try make something work, and I'm still very open to talking this out with you to see if we can't find a common time-ground!

That sounds wonderful! I'd at least like to weigh options and talk a bit before we write it off completely Tongue By the time you were looking for me, I was off playing Breath of the Wild. Aaand then I went to the movies. Sorry for missing you! I've sent you a friend invite on Discord (Even if I use Skype more), so we'll see about getting friendly!

RE: New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! - lyrax123 - 03-05-2017

Hi! First off, welcome to Balmung!

If you want an adventuring style rp, then may I suggest The Outriders. A bit biased here since I'm one of the leaders, but it's a really awesome group of people! We're a mercenary group that focuses on investigations and doing the odd job here and there. We currently stationed in the Mist with an awesome house and we have some great cases going on right now!

As for timezones, we're finding ways to work around that. We do have a member in EU time and a lot of early risers/night owls, so someone will always be on. We're also starting to push some of rp to our forums, so that everyone has a chance to participate in it and opens us to more in game events. 

If you're interested, you can find me in game as N'aomi Kett or message me here!

RE: New to Balmung, but not to RP! Looking for RP and/or FC! - gazzsalad - 03-05-2017

Welcome to Balmung, we're always happy to have new faces. 

Hope you can dive into what the community has to offer. 

Happy hunting out there!