Hydaelyn Role-Players
WoW Player Crashing the FF Universe - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: WoW Player Crashing the FF Universe (/showthread.php?tid=18391)

WoW Player Crashing the FF Universe - samdvds - 01-30-2017

Hello everyone o/. Just dropping by the welcome desk before I make my way to other threads (RP Connections, Wiki in progress). As the title states, I'm crossing the MMO line into FF from World of Warcraft. I've only been in FF for a couple months, so a lot of the game is very new to me, but I've been RPing for around 12 years. The past 5 years were devoted to WoW (Moon Guard), and the previous 7 were various chat sites/ SL, There.com, and Vampire the Masquerade (RP universe, not the game itself).

What I'm really looking for is consistent RP partners for in depth storylines that push characters to grow and develop. I bounced to a new universe to steer away from the "all RP is in Stormwind taverns" stigma, so /ideally/ I'm trying to avoid the Quicksand gauntlet I've observed during my short time in game. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. I have checked the event calendar, so that's on my to-do list.

The character I'm rolling is a Sun Seeker named Riley Na'jia. Free spirit with a bit of a rebellious streak who ditched the orthodox tribe life (and her given name in favor of one she changed voluntarily) to pursue a career as an aspiring artist. Painter turned tattoo artist to be exact. I have the backstory fleshed out, but will save that for the appropriate threads/ wiki when I get around to it.

I would love to meet any and everyone in game for some RP!

RE: WoW Player Crashing the FF Universe - Thunderbolt300 - 01-30-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to RP in FFXIV! Thumbsup

Having come from a high tide of RP in Moon Guard back during Wrath of the Lich King? I don't think I could ever go back myself, honestly. I'm about 5 months into this game now and the idea of going anywhere else is mind-blowing now. This game has an insane amount of content, the story is fantastic, and there's a whole lot of RP community to explore, too. I think you'll be quite happy with it!

As for avoiding the Stormwind-tavern deal with the Quicksand in Ul'dah? This is entirely viable to do. I'm in this same vein, actually- I subsist on RP exclusively from sources outside of the Quicksand, which amounts to linkshells, a couple free companies, and headhunting making connections here on the RPC. It even includes a player-run tavern too out in private housing, which tends to be somewhat of a less chaotic, more substance setting. So, you can certainly live off-the-grid, so to speak! 

You're certainly welcome to run into Kasi sometime regardless- as a mercenary and trader, she has plenty of cause to show up anywhere for a variety of reasons.

You should look into posting up a Making Connections once you have a good idea of the characters you'd be interested in networking with!

RE: WoW Player Crashing the FF Universe - Deahfel - 01-31-2017

Hello and welcome to the RPC! It sounds like you already have a really solid start and are moving in the right direction. If you are looking for a more solid plot driven story you will definitely want to get hooked into a LS or FC that has an active story plot that lines up with your character or your interests in RP. I think a making connections post with what you are specifically hoping to RP in would get you some responses.

If not you can reach out to Me or Kasi and we can get you pointed in the right direction for what you are hoping to achieve. You can peruse some of the links in our signatures to get an idea of the kind of plots we run if you are interested.

RE: WoW Player Crashing the FF Universe - IvikBlack - 01-31-2017

If you're trying to avoid tavern RP you're definitely going to need to get set up with a decent RP FC or LS. There's also some solid events you can attend like the Grindstone Big Grin

Welcome!