Hydaelyn Role-Players
Why, Hello there. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Why, Hello there. (/showthread.php?tid=18316)

Why, Hello there. - HeartlessArtless - 01-23-2017

Hello, people usually Call me Heartless. Long story short I got FFXIV after I told myself I'd never play any MMO again and heard there was an unofficial roleplay server called Jenova. Remembering the good old days of roleplay I created my character found this forum and realized I goofed since Balmung was the server not Jenova. I lurked about the forum for a few days before I made this thread, but the black hole known as FFXIV had already eaten away at 3 weeks of my life and most of my good night's rest. So I figured I'd best introduce myself before I decide to transfer hopefully soon into Balmung. Anyhow It's nice to meet everyone and hopefully soon I'll be able to get some good roleplay in with you all!

RE: Why, Hello there. - Mermaid - 01-23-2017

You didn't goof as badly as you thought. Jenova does have a sizable amount of roleplayers it's just not as massive as the group on Balmung. You can find listings for a couple of Jenova RP linkshells on this site. Also, you wouldn't have been able to make a character on Balmung anyways as it's always locked so you would've needed to transfer anyways.

I won't tell you to stay on Jenova but if you don't plan on transferring right away you could always see if you like the roleplaying groups there first. If you do end up liking them then Jenova has housing available which is something you won't find on Balmung.

Ultimately, it's just easier to find whatever kind of roleplaying linkshell, FC, or whatever you want on Balmung.

RE: Why, Hello there. - SicketySix - 01-23-2017

I think saying that Jenova has a good sized roleplaying group is a little, optimistic. As someone who uses that server to roll alts on I've never seen RPers anywhere, nor do you even find any by searching for the RP Tag in Player Search. But yes, somehwere there is a dmall group of them stashed somewhere. And most of those LS are pretty inactive.

Persobally I'd just say do yourself a huge favor and transfer to Balmung. There's a reason why everyone heads this way, as its the place to be for RP.

Whichever you choose, welcome to the forums and ffxiv!

RE: Why, Hello there. - Mermaid - 01-23-2017

As someone who's main character is there I'd say I run past an RP tag once or twice a week. I've even seen public RP in the Carline Canopy but only a couple times in like a year. If I remember correctly, the linkshells have a couple hundred people between them though I think they're more for finding RP than RPing. I also can't speak for their activity as I haven't joined any of them.

I never said to stay there. It's much easier to find RP on Balmung. I just always wonder why people don't try what RP a non-Balmung server has in those few days before they transfer.

RE: Why, Hello there. - Thunderbolt300 - 01-23-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and hopefully to Balmung in the near future! Thumbsup

RE: Why, Hello there. - Ryslo Suramlo - 01-23-2017

(01-23-2017, 05:37 AM)HeartlessArtless Wrote: Hello, people usually Call me Heartless. Long story short I got FFXIV after I told myself I'd never play any MMO again and heard there was an unofficial roleplay server called Jenova. Remembering the good old days of roleplay I created my character found this forum and realized I goofed since Balmung was the server not Jenova. I lurked about the forum for a few days before I made this thread, but the black hole known as FFXIV had already eaten away at 3 weeks of my life and most of my good night's rest. So I figured I'd best introduce myself before I decide to transfer hopefully soon into Balmung. Anyhow It's nice to meet everyone and hopefully soon I'll be able to get some good roleplay in with you all!

Welcome to the Hydaelyn Roleplayer's Coalition! I too transferred my character from the Server of Jenova with a few friends and all I can say is everyone here is very welcoming as well as accepting. If you've questions please feel free to ask any of us!

RE: Why, Hello there. - foxfirestorm - 01-24-2017

Hey there and welcome to the Hydaelyn forums! Your home of all kinds of wonderful things. I can't speak much on Jenova, nor will I as I don't have much knowledge there, but there are a few RP unofficial servers out there. Some trying to get restarted (like Siren) and some igniting the flame to grow a new RP tree (like the one I'm on of Mateus).

I will state from my past experiences (as you can see my tag, I've been around since the start of Besaid), Balmung is the most compact place of RP you'll find, but if you got friends who are joining, it will be the hardest for them to get into because of the 18 dollar price tag that comes with it. Next up would be Gilgamesh I believe, though again, no real experience there.

If you haven't moved yet or haven't decided just yet to leave, I'd say roll some alts, get in contact with the Linkshell leaders found on Linkshell Other, and check out all the communities. See what you really want to do.

Whatever you decide though, I hope you have a great deal of fun in the future!

RE: Why, Hello there. - Ririla Rila - 01-24-2017

Welcome welcome welcome to the RPC ^^ Hope you manage to find your way to baaalmung!

RE: Why, Hello there. - Faye - 01-24-2017

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! I hope to see you on Balmung soon! Always good to find another KH fan!