Hydaelyn Role-Players
Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ (/showthread.php?tid=18272)

Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Alpine - 01-19-2017

Yep! Wormed my way in during today's Aether explosion. Hi, all!
I'll admit, this is absolutely terrifying, but I'm excited and hoping to make some friends and have lots of fun! o7
... not looking forward to levelling an alt, but! Whatever. 

I have a few questions since I'm actually very new to MMO roleplay (but not forum/chat/etc). It's so overwhelming... not even sure if it's proper for me to jump into an RP FC. would anyone want someone fresh off the character creator? Maybe I should work on a profile on the wiki first? @o@ Woah.

Bur yeah! Aside from that, it's nice to meet everyone!

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Kinono - 01-19-2017

Welcome to Balmung and MMO RP!

People would be more than willing to accept a newbie character. I would advise you to be persistent as your character establishes contacts/relationships. Getting started can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you're used to easier 1-on-1 formats.

You can work on a wiki if you already have a character idea on mind. Personally, I tend to start with a general concept and develop my character as I play them, but that's definitely a personal preference. I didn't have a wiki page until at least a year after starting to RP here.

If you have any questions or need some starting contacts, feel free to add me or poke me in game, as Kinono Kino!

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-19-2017

Welcome!

Honestly, you can go about finding RP and getting involved in a bunch of different ways. I'd suggest figuring some starter information on your character. Some goals, motivations, maybe a little backstory. Don't go overboard, but give yourself something to work with and something other people can work with. Remember your character is a part of their story as much as they are a part of yours!

The events posted on RPC and the Balmung Event tumblr/google calendar are also good places to start. The Linkshells and Free Companies posted here are only a portion of what's available as well.

If you've got any questions about the site resources, don't hesitate to contact me anytime! (Or post in that nifty Feedback/Requests forum for any staff member's attention.)

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Alpine - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 01:18 AM)Kinono Wrote: Welcome to Balmung and MMO RP!

People would be more than willing to accept a newbie character. I would advise you to be persistent as your character establishes contacts/relationships. Getting started can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you're used to easier 1-on-1 formats.

You can work on a wiki if you already have a character idea on mind. Personally, I tend to start with a general concept and develop my character as I play them, but that's definitely a personal preference. I didn't have a wiki page until at least a year after starting to RP here.

If you have any questions or need some starting contacts, feel free to add me or poke me in game, as Kinono Kino!

I do have an idea, yeah! I just wasn't sure if people wanted to rp with a character who doesn't SEEM to have much going for them? Like... if you looked at someone, a starting newbie, and they had NO info about their character, would you rp with them?

(Probably not.)

But good to know I don't have to stress about it! I'll work on a small thing with the statuses.
I'll have to make a wiki page just so I can explicitly state that my boy is young, but yeah.
And thanks! ;w; I'm still in a state of shock, but if you get a poke from Rhiki Padfoot ingame... then yeah, I probably worked up enough courage. Just enough.

EDIT BC I'M SLOW:

(01-19-2017, 01:21 AM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Welcome!

Honestly, you can go about finding RP and getting involved in a bunch of different ways. I'd suggest figuring some starter information on your character. Some goals, motivations, maybe a little backstory. Don't go overboard, but give yourself something to work with and something other people can work with. Remember your character is a part of their story as much as they are a part of yours! 

The events posted on RPC and the Balmung Event tumblr/google calendar are also good places to start. The Linkshells and Free Companies posted here are only a portion of what's available as well.

If you've got any questions about the site resources, don't hesitate to contact me anytime! (Or post in that nifty Feedback/Requests forum for any staff member's attention.)

... Yeah, nawh, I got a few of that stuff! I've been mulling over this stuff for the past month while waiting for windows.

But yeah, I'll be sure to check those out! I'm terrified of public events, though... we shall see.

And thank you! ;u;7

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Ririla Rila - 01-19-2017

heya, welcome to the RPC! yeah people don't mind what level your toon is, it's all about your character when it comes to RP! Big Grin I'm interested to see what sort of character you go for. (make them Eeeeeeevil! :3)

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Faye - 01-19-2017

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Big Grin Congrats on sneaking in!

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Alpine - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 03:56 AM)Liliro Liro Wrote: heya, welcome to the RPC! yeah people don't mind what level your toon is, it's all about your character when it comes to RP! :D I'm interested to see what sort of character you go for. (make them Eeeeeeevil! :3)

... I've been lurking in this site a while when I was thinking about my character, and while they're not evil.. well. :B
LET'S SAY I'M CONSIDERING HITTING YOU UP.

(01-19-2017, 04:53 AM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome to Balmung! :D Congrats on sneaking in!

Aaaa thank you so much! :D

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Thunderbolt300 - 01-19-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC and to Balmung! Thumbsup

Darker characters are best characters. grunt 

Also, if you're looking to start making contacts with gusto, be sure to hit the Making Connections forum too! It's even better if you have a general idea what you'd like to go for with your character.

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Lamia - 01-19-2017

Welcome to Balmung! Big Grin Tis a silly place, but rewarding once you get your feet wet and learn how to swim so to speak!
I have a few resources I could toss your way to get you started~ One would be joining the Balmung Roleplayers discord if you haven't yet! it's a wonderful community, and brings us all together in one place. 

The second, would be the Open RP LS! It's a Social/OOC LS that works not only as a communication hub, but they ping events and such that are happening around the server. 

Then there is Acronycal, an IC/RP LS that works like a community pearl that characters can talk on and meet up at random. It's a wonderful way to flesh out your character through coversation while your leveling, doing content, and other things. ^ ^

The last! Is if your looking for places to develop your character, in a newbie friendly environment and in a more personal setting. I recommend dropping by and coming to see us at Wanderer's Respite. We're in the goblet, ward 1, plot 25. We're a social lounge, and unlike having to lurk at the quicksands hoping to find rp. You can get RP as soon as you poke your head in the door~ We're open all hours, all days as well! And if there isn't anyone there, feel free to give me a poke in game and I'll make sure I am Big Grin

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - SicketySix - 01-19-2017

Welcome to Balmung!

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Varinh - 01-19-2017

Congratulations on getting in! That was super lucky. If your character ever needs a conjurer or a few words of comfort, hit up Willow Evinar in game! Big Grin

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Ririla Rila - 01-19-2017

(01-19-2017, 07:12 AM)Alpine Wrote:
(01-19-2017, 03:56 AM)Liliro Liro Wrote: heya, welcome to the RPC! yeah people don't mind what level your toon is, it's all about your character when it comes to RP! Big Grin I'm interested to see what sort of character you go for. (make them Eeeeeeevil! :3)

... I've been lurking in this site a while when I was thinking about my character, and while they're not evil.. well. :B
LET'S SAY I'M CONSIDERING HITTING YOU UP

*whispers* Do it.

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-19-2017

Hey there and welcome to Balmung!

The best place to start is with the Balmung RP Calendar and finding a few events that angle toward the kind of RP you're interested in.  Then you can start looking at other character profiles once you've found a few characters or personalities you'd like to meet.  While you're window shopping, be sure to check out the Free Company Hall or the Linkshell Hall to find Free Companies and public groups that may suit your character.  If you're ready to put yourself out there and find some new friends, stop by the Making Connections forum and start fishing for some roleplay!

For lore questions, be sure to check out Sounsyy's Lore Compilations; she's done an amazing job with compiling a lot of the game lore into easy-to-find threads!

You're welcome to add me to your friends list; I'm a fairly busy person, both in-game and out, but I'm always happy to schedule/arrange a day to roleplay with folks when I'm not preoccupied with other things like the Gridania Story-Go-Round.

All that said, I hope you find what you're looking for and hopefully I'll see you around in-game!

RE: Finally got into Balmung! \o/ - ariaAnomaly - 01-19-2017

Welcome to Balmung, I hope you enjoy your time here! Big Grin