Hydaelyn Role-Players
Roleplay Mateus (RPM) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Roleplay Mateus (RPM) (/showthread.php?tid=18115)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Roleplay Mateus (RPM) - foxfirestorm - 01-08-2017

The RPM (Roleplay Mateus) is a Linkshells located on the Mateus server to help generate a friendly, welcoming roleplay experience for all.

We focus on Roleplayers for OOC communication, gathering, and planning. To connect the community of Mateus and work work together to bring knowledge of roleplayers across the whole server and do large community events of mix populace.

We welcome new members with open arms and old alike. We have no problem with sharing our server with other servers, or those who wish to take up only temporary residence with us.

If you are interested in joining please feel free to contact the following members:
RPM -

-- To be relisted?? --

If you are interested in helping Mateus RP continue to grow, please visit this discord: https://discord.gg/HPbYNFU

It is to the Mateus RP HUB, which is a sister group to the RPM, as I have stepped out of 14 after 7 long years of playing and given the Mateus rp community is fairly stable, I leave it now to the continued growth of the players who now reside there. My part is done, now it is up to all of you.

Thank you all and love you guys <3

Rules of The RPM
Due to our growing size, we have created some very basic rules for our members to follow. These are the laws of the land, so to speak, and when you join, you are expected to follow these rules the best you can.

1: BE RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS & FELLOW 14 PLAYERS
Respect is a two way street, but it should always start with you giving respect to another person. We are all here to have fun and no one likes to be treated like crap, so do onto others as you would have them do onto you, and also be mindful of your fellow 14 players. If you start to get trolled, either block them or/and report them, don't snap back, just let them make the mistakes and be the one to look bad. If they are curious about Roleplay, let them try their hand at it and if they are not doing so well, let them just try. Ask, privately if they like some advice if they continue to stumble after  a few rounds, but give them a chance and always be willing to help them grow.

2: BE AN ADULT AND KEEP DRAMA DOWN
We are all adults here, well, most of us I'm sure. If you have a problem break out oocly, try to work it out in private, don't bring it to public. We all have our issues and sometimes we may rub shoulders the wrong way, but the rest of the world doesn't need to know it about. If you have trouble working it out privately or don't feel comfortable dealing with the problem yourself, contact an officer/leader to be a mediator between you two. No one likes OOC/RL drama and no one likes to see friends go at it, while sometimes we can slip up, out of the fact we are just human, but try to just remember to keep it in private conversation, step away if it gets to heated to cool down, and just try to work things out.

3: NO OOC RUMOR MILLING
Don't do it, please? Rumor Milling or spreading around OOC rumors can break down a community or really hurt someone when many of those rumors could be false. If someone tells you about Joey is always a jerk and can't be trusted... Keep it to yourself. Don't go telling Sam, Sue, and Max all about Joey and hen they in turn do the same, when you may all find out later, Joey is a really good guy! Its just the way he portrays his character. Truth, after all, always finds a way to the surface, so let Joey show who he really is and don't go around spreading possible lies. Even if maybe those rumors were once true, it doesn't always apply to the NOW, as people can also change and no one should have baggage held over their heads.

4: BE SUPPORTIVE
We have new players sometimes join our ranks, those who don't have long years of RP experience. This is great! New blood to the Roleplay is always good to see! However, sometimes new blood doesn't always know the courtesy rules like we do. They will make mistakes, they will slip up, and sometimes fall flat on their face. For those that have the experience, your job is to help mentor them and as a community, have patience with them and help them. If they are unsure about something, do your best to help explain it to them. If you see them constantly doing something that is kind power-gaming or godmoding, reach out to help express how that is not really curdious to the other Roleplayer. Sometimes they just don't realize these are things and other times, they don't even know what those words are. Just think back to when you first started and how you knew nothing till many years later. That is some of these new roleplayers, so give them a hand, and let our actions, our curtosey to one another continue through, because they to, may one day, be the torch carriers for our community.

REGARDING OVER-POWERED CHARACTERS/INTERACTIONS

OP Characters: An individual that uses situational circumstances without the expressed consent of participating parties involved to further the impressing of their character (be it positive or negative) for personal gain. This is different from a Meta Character as the latter utilizes external source information to further the impressions of the character.

OP Situations: Often viewed as the 'perfect world', where the situations are beneficially situated to cater to one's goal without inclusion of external 'world' elements.

This is not tolerated.

How to avoid either scenarios?

Know your character. Know your audience. Know your setting. Have a basis.

If you are a fresh character that is new to the world, you will not instantly know your surroundings. If you are inexperienced in swordplay, you are not going to instantly know how to defend yourself. Base your actions on 'attempts' especially if there is uncertainty regarding the other party's reactions. This is why we have 'rolls', to provide a relatively fair likelihood for outcome UNLESS something other had been set by participating parties. This means, first and foremost, communicate with those involved. Of there is even a hint of external conflict based on player decisions, address it before escalation.

As a reminder, we are adults. No one is OP. All are vulnerable. None are without fault. Keep this in mind and please act accordingly.

RACIAL LANGUAGES AND LEARNING THEM

It is fairly well known that most races of Eorzea speak Eorzean and from our knowledge, even the Garleans speak the Eorzean common tongue as well (just with a slightly different accent). The Eorzean language is much like American English. Depending on the region you come from, probably depends on how you would pronounce some words. As where Garleans are probably more like Queen's English.

We know however, with lore, that the people of Doma have their own language and so do the Xaela. The Doman seeming speak something akin to Japanese, while the Xaela, who have no written language, speak more in a form similar to Mongolians.

Those that have Xaela characters, and wish to speak in their native tongue may do so using <"This">, while those that speak Doman, may do so by doing >"This"<. An example showing of the same region, but not of the same language.

You also have the Ascians and in turn, possibly Voidsent. We know that Ascians have their own language and seen in cutscenes that most members do not take the time to learn the Eorzean Tongue. One even glutting at the fact that a female soldier didn't even understand him (while you did).

In this, Ascians can be represented by speaking ::"Like this":: and Voidsent can either share the same language or have a different deviant from it such as []"This"[]. The reasons for Ascians and Voidsent having such a strange example, is because their own language is not even of this world. They are an extremely foreign entity and no example of their language normally can be found, beyond maybe some tomes found in ancient Allagan ruins or other ruins of dark secrets...

We even know the Dragons have their own language and it is possible that a Heretic of Ishgard, an individual who works closely to dragons, and even possibly Dragoons know how to speak this language of great beasts. Which could be done something like ~"This"~, given their nature of song.

It also should never be assumed that your character will also know a language. Sometimes it is fun to play ignorant and actually use some RP to learn a language. Such as maybe a Xaela can't speak Eorzean, so they have a hard time learning and even pronouncing some words. This could be said even with Eorzeans trying to speak Xaela-- and they may accidentally say <"Jellyfish"> Instead of <"Jelly Please">.

If your character does not know a language, there should be a background history reason that they have learned this language. There should be a reason they somehow know how to speak Xaela, this spoken language that has no written form or maybe have some power that grants them this ability (see The Echo; Which is a rare power). This is even more important with languages such as the Voidsent or Ascians.. such as Mage probably would know how to speak these otherworldly tongues, where a Mercenary would have no knowledge of them.

In the end, we are all here to have fun, but I do hope this bit will enlighten those of you to the languages out there and how to best handle not only speaking in these tongues, but also some thought on if your character should or should not know them.

THE RPM

We like to keep the RPM a friendly place for everyone. This is a location at which people come to in order to assist getting them established among fellow roleplayers and eventually they can branch off to form their own communities within the Mateus Server. In doing so, they are free to leave the RPM if they desire or they can stay with us.

As the roleplayers continue to grow on Mateus the purpose of the RPM will slowly dwindle. It is already doing this, as the roleplay community, as a whole, is starting to find itself and the purpose of the RPM, as a linkshell, will not be required. We are the assisting arm for this growth, but we are not the governing body who controls all things, but we do, as a community growth location, do have the right to display and provide guidelines at which the community should be built upon.

Not just for the health of the RPM, but the possible health of the server as it expands outward. While many people know the normal foundations, there are some who come to us, new to the roleplay experience and new to the way of things with no understanding of this fundamentals. It is these reasons we have these light rules in place. So that we moderators can help keep the toxicity down or at least the best we can humanly possible with limited control 14 side.

We don't like enforcing these rules, we don't like bring down the hammer, and we really don't want to be the "bad guys" to ruin the "fun". We just want to see things continue to be fun for everyone, including ourselves, while seeing to the health of everyone.

RULES ON SERVER BASHING

That all said, any result of server bashing on the RPM will not be tolerated. I don't mind idle conversations about your time on another server, but if it is a negative stance, even if possible true, try to find the means to word it not hatefully. There are ways to express ones feelings without coming across negative. Because, while one may have negative feeling about a location, others may have different feelings, and some do get heated.

Also given the fact that text is missing nearly 90% context, it is also easy for those with heated feelings to take something the wrong way, so while you may not meant it in a cruel nature, someone could take it that way. We do, sometimes, spin our own feelings or how we want to feel about the words we read. It is hard to remain neutral on a subject we love, dislike, or makes us feel uncomfortable.

So, please, if you want to speak wrongful of a server, do so in private. NOT on the RPM. We as the mods will take action by means of verbal warnings and if continued we will be forced to ban and remove you from the Linkshell. We don't want to do this, but it is our job to protect the health of the community.

Again, debates are fine. I love a healthy debate myself, but find a means to express yourself in a non-negative fashion while doing so.

REPORTING

Finally! If you see any form of harassment, rule breaking, or conversations that make you feel uncomfortable, please report them to those of us with blue and green tags. We are your moderators. We are your staff team. Its our job to keep the peace, but again, outside the RPM, we have no control. If it happens in a free company, that is for the FC to handle. If it happens in someone elses' discord or linkshell, that is for the ones behind those to handle.

Also if you feel that someone in staff is also not following the rules or using their own powers to go around the rules, please report that as well  (though not to the individual you are having problems with) As we, as staff, are also beholding to these very same rules that we enforce.

Our focus is the RPM and only the RPM. To allow this remain a stable branching place and continue to foster, grow, and support the roleplay community, no matter where it may lead them.

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - Barsz Green - 01-09-2017

Ahoy! Barsz Green, fishin' therapist an' axe-slinger at yer service!

By the by, while in game, I never break character, even for OOC discussions. I'm one of those filthy casual roleplayers that has a lot of fun goofing off as a Lalafell pirate.

What we lack in size is made up in intimacy. We really know who the other rpers are on the server, but all styles are acommodated, and among the non-RP community, they are really good at playing along. Even to the point where nearly everyone on the server responds to me with an "Ahoy!" Even if they don'the roleplay.

That said, we have fun events where rpers and non rpers get together. Costume parties, chocobo racing teams, strip tease nights, an RP cafe with performances, random dirty limerick nights, RP tours of Eorzea, and RP dungeon runs. 

Add to that to the number of serious plot-driven rp in some of the smaller FCS with guest appearances among the larger community, you have the option for a lot of fun.

While we are inwardly focused on creating more rp encounters daily, we'd  love to grow our community and welcome anyone interested in participating!

-Barsz

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - foxfirestorm - 01-13-2017

Palace Of The Dead RP Event

We will be running a Palace of The Dead Event Friday (1/13) at 9PM Eastern. If you like to come observe how we do this, or have the ability to take part, come and join! It is open to everyone!

There will be roleplay and even quick Roleplay within the POTD, as we race to the bottom! Or the side! Or whatever this dungeon does with us!

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - foxfirestorm - 01-14-2017

I should have started streaming earlier on, but here is the first video of the first more "official event", with us all hanging out on Discord while doing a bit of RP as we run the Palace Of The Dead. (WARNING: Might be a little inappropriate at times, so take care while watching at work or around kids)

[youtube]AECCKzNMxf0[/youtube]

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - foxfirestorm - 01-24-2017

Here is an example video of some roleplay between three of us! Where we learn why you should not get our local Bloodsand Dragoon warrior drunk!

[youtube]T5XfyK5IzuE[/youtube]

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - Shiramun Arulaq - 01-28-2017

Been putting this off forever, actually making an account here, but here I am! If anyone can't get ahold of whomever here in this LS, whether on the forums or ingame, I am around a lot and am generally pretty easy to get.

That said, I am always open for questions and curiosities that people may have in regards to things. Some of us are preparing our own rp passion projects on the server, so in time there will be more and more to offer beyond what is listed in the LS!

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - Khantyer Dotharl - 01-28-2017

Good day to you,

I go by Khan both inside and outside of the game (but shame on you if you call this proud hunter that same while immersed!)

Personally, this is my second go around to get the RP community flourishing on Mateus and for the most part it was successful in the past, meaning it can be done again. The server itself is small and perhaps intimate, but the people as a whole welcome, and even watch the interactions as they unfold. Even take part in the group events we have!

My own company is known to host Sprouting Events for the aspiring player, to gear them and make them dungeon ready up to lv. 50 for free. Various crafters come out to assist, not to mention, they bring a little conversation as well. 

If you're browsing the server, feel free to look out for anyone of us of the RPC and we'll be glad to show you around. ...in character of course.

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - SapphireSkylines - 01-28-2017

I might join you guys if I want to take a break from Balmung. Sounds like fun. Awhile back I tried rebuilding my RP community on Zalera (it used to actually have a pretty active one) but that failed really bad.

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - Khantyer Dotharl - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 01:00 PM)SapphireSkylines Wrote: I might join you guys if I want to take a break from Balmung. Sounds like fun.

We'd certainly love to have you.
If you poke in, grab anyone one of us listed. There's always at least one of us on at any given time.

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - Rosekitten - 02-04-2017

I can't offer anything in game for now but if anyone wants to dare some casual side forum rp feel free to bother me.. Figured I would post the offer out there as I will eventually return to the game (despite my husband's protests of how much of a grind it is Tongue).

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - foxfirestorm - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 08:58 AM)Rosekitten Wrote: I can't offer anything in game for now but if anyone wants to dare some casual side forum rp feel free to bother me.. Figured I would post the offer out there as I will eventually return to the game (despite my husband's protests of how much of a grind it is Tongue).

I might indulge you on this. Wink
What did you have in mind and what type of character do you plan to make?

I have 3 different alts, though one of them I want to make an FC for (eventually), just have to get life to free me up so I feel comfortable running an FC haha.

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - Rosekitten - 02-04-2017

(02-04-2017, 09:57 AM)foxfirestorm Wrote: I might indulge you on this. Wink

I have 3 different alts, though one of them I want to make an FC for (eventually), just have to get life to free me up so I feel comfortable running an FC haha.
Planing to xfer my main character when I get the funds and return to the game. So it'd be a smithy mainly. Though she got dragged on the damnest of adventures.. ranged from pirates to a knight themed origination and at some point or another being a mrd trainer x.x

I removed all of that from her wiki with the intent of a clean slate with the server switch as any contacts wouldn't be on the server anyway(not that any of them are active anymore).

I tend to stick to my commoner type and straying away from heroes Tongue so the character is more of a support character to other stories even if she has her own. I can toss you a message for more information if you need it. I have it on a note pad till I finish coding out her wiki page.

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - foxfirestorm - 02-05-2017

(02-04-2017, 10:14 AM)Rosekitten Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 09:57 AM)foxfirestorm Wrote: I might indulge you on this. Wink

Planing to xfer my main character when I get the funds and return to the game. So it'd be a smithy mainly. Though she got dragged on the damnest of adventures.. ranged from pirates to a knight themed origination and at some point or another being a mrd trainer x.x

I removed all of that from her wiki with the intent of a clean slate with the server switch as any contacts wouldn't be on the server anyway(not that any of them are active anymore).

I tend to stick to my commoner type and straying away from heroes Tongue so the character is more of a support character to other stories even if she has her own. I can toss you a message for more information if you need it. I have it on a note pad till I finish coding out her wiki page.

*thumbs up*
And nothing wrong with that! Everyone has their own style of rp and their own ideas for a character. That is what makes interacting with all these different types of characters fascinating. Including the open chance to change views or opinions on things.

But yeah, I'll toss you a PM a bit later. ^^

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - foxfirestorm - 02-10-2017

Added in a Roleplay Housing Director to the main post. This is a work in progress and will be updated shortly once I'm able to get a compiled list of known Roleplay Housings (and locations).

RE: [Mateus] RPC & Tell A Tale - Chant - 02-18-2017

Hello everyone, not sure if this Is the proper place to post but I was referred here by a friend.basically another friend and I are looking to get off of Balmung and join another slightly less crowded RP server to make friends, either join a FC or create one and become apart of the community. 

Our big issue is there's no housing available over here on balmung, so were hoping to buy a house on Mateus. can anyone tell me if there is housing available?

Secondly balmung is rather clicky with rpers already heavily invested in circles which has made it impossible for the friend and I to fit in anywhere as we're rather shy...so we are hoping to meet people in the chance to really get involved.