Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Samurai and the Bushido Code - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Samurai and the Bushido Code (/showthread.php?tid=17727)

A Samurai and the Bushido Code - Jin-seo Yeon - 11-14-2016

*Sits in sazen with her sword at her right side she takes a deep breath*
GOod day, I am Natasha Karinskaya, of the Falon Vehn Free Company, I am a Samurai.
Originally immigrated from Dora, lived in Western Lanoscea, now I serve an honorable Lady Sulahn Da'assan through honor and life in this one and the next.

A samurai is Bushido, it is how we live, it defines us, makes us into what we are. Instruments of selfless service to our Lady or Lord, loyal to the death, Honor above all else, Respectful as to follow the universal law, treat others as you will have them to treat you, ‘Rectitude the power to decide upon the course of conduct within reason, Courage; doing what is right in the face of rectitude, Love, magnanimity, affection for others, sympathy and pity, are traits of Benevolence, the highest attribute of the human soul, Politeness; should be the expression of a benevolent regard for the feelings of others; it’s a poor virtue if it’s motivated only by a fear of offending good taste. In its highest form Politeness approaches love. Honesty and sincerity, for all things we must strive to be that which bring out the goodness in all. Honor, and the sense of Honor, a vivid consciousness of personal dignity and worth, is characterized the samurai. Loyalty to a superior, is the most distinctive virtue for this maintains decorum, discipline among the ranks, and victory in the battle field. Finally character and self control, for the first objective of samurai education is to build up Character. The subtler faculties of prudence, intelligence, and dialectics are less important. Intellectual superiority is esteemed, always remember, a samurai is essentially a man or woman of action.

*Bows in sazen deeply with her forehead touching the back of her hands on the floor*

RE: A Samurai and the Bushido Code - Seriphyn - 11-14-2016

Kale gave a stiff nod towards her deep bow, unsure of how to properly respond to it, "Right, then"

The tanned Highlander soldier gave up the unconscious attempt of mirroring her style of sitting, giving a grunt to indicate he was just a bit uncomfortable being sat on the ground like so. He gave an obsessive brushing down of his immaculately clean although slightly worn Immortal Flames uniform, which obviously wasn't designed for such a seating arrangement.

"Y'know, I've never 'eard of samurai before, or this bushido code of yours," Kale looked slightly past the woman, rubbing his lightly stubbled jaw pensively, "Then again, I've never been to the Far East. Othard, we call it? Do you lot even call it that?"

He shook his head in an almost twitching sort of manner, "'nyway, it ain't sound too different to what we call chivalry, 'ere in Eorzea. The paladins of Ul'dah, or the Sultansworn more properly, practice somethin' similar, as do the knights up in Ishgard."

"Funny, en't it? No matter where man might be found, we'll always 'ave at least some things in common. The same virtues esteemed 'ere may be esteemed anywhere..."

RE: A Samurai and the Bushido Code - Jin-seo Yeon - 11-15-2016

*Looked at Kale and listened as he spoke*

Hello from one warrior to another. I am from the continent of Doma. You may not have heard of Bushido because it was created by Samurai as a way of life. It is no surprise that as a knight of Erzea you have similar values. In this we can call each other comrades. This is merely a cultural introduction by my presentation.

*Bows*