Hydaelyn Role-Players
Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? (/showthread.php?tid=17715)

Pages: 1 2

Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Kuji The GR8 Wolf - 11-11-2016

Here the link to our RP-FC if you want to learn about us [/url][url=http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=17290]Hydaelyn Society (RP-FC)

Here's our website made (Nov. 12, 2016) so bear with us 
The Hydaelyn Society (Website)
Where currently on Balmung rank 8 Free Company with around 5 or so people but only me and 2-3 others are the most active people. (Me and my friends are NA so if that helps any)

We have been on balmung for few months like 2-3 at best and we tried having RP events and so on. But we all feel like every time we get 1 person to join they leave like the day or two after. 

So, myself and there other 3 most active people decided we should leave balmung behind and start it up somewhere else. Another Roleplaying Server that's not so heavily Populated to where you can't just make a new character to get in (just saying). 

Me and others have heard Most or TOP  Roleplaying servers like: (besides Balmung)

1. (Aether) Gilgamesh (2nd guess this one since its hard to get into like balmung)
2. (Aether) Siren
3. (Primal) Leviathan

So if anyone can help with this message or reply ASAP!

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Lydia Lightfoot - 11-12-2016

Honestly, if you're already on Balmung and struggling, your well of RP is going to run completely dry on any other server. Balmung is simply the easiest server to get RP opportunities on due to population and the ratio of roleplayers. Try a different angle, maybe? I'm not sure what to suggest.

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Kuji The GR8 Wolf - 11-12-2016

(11-12-2016, 02:18 AM)Sena Varont Wrote: Honestly, if you're already on Balmung and struggling, your well of RP is going to run completely dry on any other server. Balmung is simply the easiest server to get RP opportunities on due to population and the ratio of roleplayers. Try a different angle, maybe? I'm not sure what to suggest.
oh ok yeah we're trying alot of different things, did forums, start random rp events. balmung ys amazing for rp but its the problem of it being transfur only unless you know a forum i/we can ask on or something. 

any kind of help or advice is always needed so Smile thank you

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Valence - 11-12-2016

Have you tried to ask for feedback to the people that leave and see what they didn't like, or why they moved on to something else?

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Thunderbolt300 - 11-12-2016

Balmung or bust!

Also, as a guild master, you have to make sure new members feel like they're being actively included and are a part of the family. This can be somewhat problematic when you already have a somewhat insular group of friends already- they end up being the odd person out and that can drive them to leave if it's bad enough. Getting an "exit interview" when someone leaves is also not a bad idea- granted, they may not respond, but you lose nothing for trying.

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - ExAtomos - 11-12-2016

If I'm reading this correctly and you've only been on Balmung a few months, this is definitely not long enough to give it an actual effort. Like the others have said, find out why things aren't working out and try to see if you can fix it so that it's better for everyone. This stuff takes a lot of patience; running an FC takes even more.

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Aegir - 11-12-2016

Do you have an FC house? That's a deal breaker for a lot of people.

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Kuji The GR8 Wolf - 11-12-2016

(11-12-2016, 05:26 AM)Valence Wrote: Have you tried to ask for feedback to the people that leave and see what they didn't like, or why they moved on to something else?

yeah of course as i was just wondering why never get a reply or inbox message saying why

(11-12-2016, 09:45 AM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Balmung or bust!

Also, as a guild master, you have to make sure new members feel like they're being actively included and are a part of the family. This can be somewhat problematic when you already have a somewhat insular group of friends already- they end up being the odd person out and that can drive them to leave if it's bad enough. Getting an "exit interview" when someone leaves is also not a bad idea- granted, they may not respond, but you lose nothing for trying.

I do i always keep anyone who joins active, always asking if they need help or if they want to know more about a class or how to make gil etc. Even RP stuff that me and the others come up with.

and with my friends they do the same thing helping any new members out making them feel welcome its like 2nd nature to us to help everyone out in when we meet new people in dgns we help them out.

and yeah i ask them why did leave to find out what we did wrong and maybe do better but no one ever replys back at all sadly :/

who mad that signature btw? and can i get one made for my rp fc?

(11-12-2016, 11:39 AM)ExAtomos Wrote: If I'm reading this correctly and you've only been on Balmung a few months, this is definitely not long enough to give it an actual effort. Like the others have said, find out why things aren't working out and try to see if you can fix it so that it's better for everyone. This stuff takes a lot of patience; running an FC takes even more.

yeah what i'm telling me and the 2 others we're pretty much keeping each other going so yeah Smile

we're still new yeah

(11-12-2016, 03:01 PM)Aegir Wrote: Do you have an FC house? That's a deal breaker for a lot of people.

no between the 3 of us we saved up around 1.9 mil gil so we still dont know just how much we need. 

We wanted a big house but we head it was around 50m gil+ so yeah

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Aurou - 11-12-2016

My honest advice for you is that you need to put more effort in as a leader. From the outside things appear disorganized at best. Your FC advertisement is full of broken code and just looks messy. Do you have a FC website (Discord does not count)? If so put the link somewhere. That is what will draw people in to learn more about you. Prospective members usually want to see that the group they are joining is stable and run by people that care. Do your own research. Google is an amazing thing that will tell you about getting a house and how much they cost on FFXIV - currently there are exactly 0 available on Balmung, unless you want to pay many many millions more than the actual cost for someone to relinquish land. You can find signature generators and artists via Google, as well.

Balmung and Gilgamesh are your best places to find RPers, and both are pretty locked down. That's the nature of the game here, however. If you move to another server you *might* find a small pocket of RPers to rope in, but it will not be anything like your current server as it stands today.

Also keep in mind the advice I gave you before. Continue to evolve your FC into something that is entirely unique. Move away from having things mirror other groups, otherwise you will run into the issue of prospective members wondering 'why should I join this group when that one over there with the exact same story/advantages/amenities looks better?'

Just about any successful FC leader here can tell you that running a serious RPFC in this game is far from easy. There's a balance of admin work to keep outside people interested, keep the internal workings of the FC running smoothly, and then whatever RP stuff on top of that all.

This line alone will probably scare a few people off: A zero-OOC drama policy (Unless it can be controlled). There is no such thing as controlled OOC drama. Stick with zero.

Take all of the advice that people are offering you and work to be better. Just the show of improvement will help bring in more attention. Commitment as a leader will help draw in new members. Set clear guidelines of what you are looking for and give clear examples of what others can expect from you - this will help minimize having people join only to leave a day or two later.

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Seye Qhesu - 11-12-2016

I must ask and I'm sure people will take offense to it but it is a needed question to ask:

You state that you are NA, but reading your posts makes me feel like there is a language barrier. Where exactly is the majority of your FC located?

Sad truth of it is; many people will leave if they feel those in power or those they RP with are hard to understand. If it is troublesome/headache-ridden to try and understand what someone is trying to tell them during basic RP they may leave just to relieve themselves from it. While some may try and stick it out, others will look elsewhere for RP without the hassle of something like that.

Also, there is a huge housing crisis on Balmung. You will need to pay someone to release their house if you want any chance for your FC to have one. I think you would need around 10-15 mill just for a small if you include the price to get someone to release; though selling houses for profit is against the TOS but is never enforced.

OTHER NOTES:

The FC theme may not appeal to people. I feel when I read it I was reading something about White Knights and how everything is 100% evil and needs to be abolished (just from glancing it over). Many people have characters that aren't 100% Good. More people tend to lean towards Neutral which kills a large chunk of the base that will want to join, or can join proper for IC reasoning.

Another is how you state your FC chat is IC. Many people see that as a turn off and some hate having to use LS's for OOC FC things, but would rather it be Vise Versa.

Take anything I say with a grain of salt. These are just my impressions.

RE: Me and My RP-FC looking for a new server RP server to move to any ideas? - Aegir - 11-12-2016

I think if you want to grow your group, you should just run lots of events. That'll help you meet new people and it'll show the community that you're active. Advertise here, on tumblr, and in party finder. I've had a lot of fun joining events in party finder~

(11-12-2016, 07:31 PM)Abelia Kir Armiger Wrote: I must ask and I'm sure people will take offense to it but it is a needed question to ask:

You state that you are NA, but reading your posts makes me feel like there is a language barrier. Where exactly is the majority of your FC located?

Sad truth of it is; many people will leave if they feel those in power or those they RP with are hard to understand. If it is troublesome/headache-ridden to try and understand what someone is trying to tell them during basic RP they may leave just to relieve themselves from it. While some may try and stick it out, others will look elsewhere for RP without the hassle of something like that.

Also, there is a huge housing crisis on Balmung. You will need to pay someone to release their house if you want any chance for your FC to have one. I think you would need around 10-15 mill just for a small if you include the price to get someone to release; though selling houses for profit is against the TOS but is never enforced.

OTHER NOTES:

The FC theme may not appeal to people. I feel when I read it I was reading something about White Knights and how everything is 100% evil and needs to be abolished (just from glancing it over). Many people have characters that aren't 100% Good. More people tend to lean towards Neutral which kills a large chunk of the base that will want to join, or can join proper for IC reasoning.

Another is how you state your FC chat is IC. Many people see that as a turn off and some hate having to use LS's for OOC FC things, but would rather it be Vise Versa.

Take anything I say with a grain of salt. These are just my impressions.

No offense at all man I'm not the type to get that easily offended by what people say. 

We are in the NA mostly, well one is in Canada but that's pretty much it. But as for in-game, we're still figuring that out since Ul'dah is full to the point of lagging me to all 7-hells lol.

It is sad but it wasn't anything like be being hard or too confusing to understand. I was fairly easy to understand everyone who joined had fun and helped them with a lot of dgns, and quest, etc. But i get and understand what you mean by being either too confusing r hard to understand me.

With just me and my friends planned to just save up for a big house but if it is that hard to get a house we might just settle for a small one then maybe save up then for a bigger house. But yeah people have told me about TOS about that and it was few mentors who told me. 

But really appreciate all this advice you gave cause me and my friends look and read all the replies. 

It is kinda like white knights but close, our RP does not think everything is 100%, rather that everyone has darkness in them as well as light. We just look at our world and see just how broken it is. It mostly like the Soul Society from Bleach (Anime). But going alone with the FFXIV lore, which of course out own spin on it without going overboard with it. Not Gods or anything like that. 

Example: my character Kuji is not perfect he grew up in little al migo (sorry for the spelling) 2 la's raised him till he went off on his to find his place. Which all changed when an unknown primal contacted him (not evil primal). The short version is that the primal broke his body down into 9 different crystals gave them kuji. Then he met Hydaelyn who know the primal following my character around. 

If any of that makes any sense ^^; still makes any sense to you.