Hydaelyn Role-Players
Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments (/showthread.php?tid=17496)

Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Skullcrusher - 10-18-2016

Hello, everyone!

I'm considering my options moving forward with FFXIV and a plunge into Balmung is something I've been interested in for quite some time now.

That being said, I DID purchase for myself a lovely apartment in Mist just recently here on Exodus. Unless I'm mistaken, were I to take the plunge, my apartment and the hefty amount of gil I spent purchasing it would be gone. I can make the gil back, but it'll take some time and odds are I won't be able to get the room I like in the ward I like...

What's the market like on Balmung these days? Are most wards and apartment buildings full by now?

Kind regards,

Akira

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Lydia Lightfoot - 10-18-2016

Last I read, there were some available in the Goblet, but Mist and LB are full.

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Kilieit - 10-18-2016

Yeah, my last observation - a couple of days ago - there were about 100 apartments left in Goblet, and none in Mist or Lavender Beds. (I'd go and check for you again now, but we just went into maint, lol.)

My theory is that once all those Goblet apartments are sold up, more will spawn in all three regions. So I guess it's whether you want to take a bet on that or not.

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Thunderbolt300 - 10-18-2016

Welcome to the RPC!

Considering what's been said already, moving sooner rather than later is probably a good idea... 500K gil isn't too bad if you make heavy use of the marketplace. It's probably worth noting that the economy here is really strong which may be different from other servers.

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Skullcrusher - 10-18-2016

I will probably make the move and wait until Ishgard apartments become available, but I thank you all for you replies. It's stuff to ponder. ^^

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - SicketySix - 10-18-2016

(10-18-2016, 03:33 PM)Skullcrusher Wrote: I will probably make the move and wait until Ishgard apartments become available, but I thank you all for you replies. It's stuff to ponder. ^^

I don't think we've ever received 100% confirmation that Ishgard apartments are happening though, have we? And either way each apartment is only 500k. When/IF Ishgard apartments do come out you should have more then enough to purchase one and sell your other.

Also. As of 3 days ago there where plenty of apartment spaces left on Ward 3 Subdivision in the Goblet.

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Ayaka - 10-20-2016

All I can say is that the market here in Balmung is just so wonderful haha. It makes me cry every time I look at the prices here while comparing it with my main server's xD Tears of joy I tell you!

With that said though... There's only a few apartments left?! OTL Gosh--I... I need to go get to level50 now...!

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - SicketySix - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 11:42 AM)Ayaka Wrote: All I can say is that the market here in Balmung is just so wonderful haha. It makes me cry every time I look at the prices here while comparing it with my main server's xD Tears of joy I tell you!

With that said though... There's only a few apartments left?! OTL Gosh--I... I need to go get to level50 now...!

I'm sensing some leveling / fate grinding in our future tonight!

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Gegenji - 10-20-2016

Well, if it helps, I think it's been implied (and mentioned in this thread, even!) that once the apartments are full up, SE can just... add more, since it's less intensive to add more space for apartments than wards for housing. This is supposed to be their big fix for getting everyone some manner of personal property, after all.

The real kicker is getting the gil/materials to pimp out your room once you get it. If you get lazy like me and just buy everything off the Market Boards, you could see a good few million gil just up and vanish on you.

RE: Contemplating Balmung; dreaming of apartments - Ayaka - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 11:44 AM)SicketySix Wrote:
(10-20-2016, 11:42 AM)Ayaka Wrote: All I can say is that the market here in Balmung is just so wonderful haha. It makes me cry every time I look at the prices here while comparing it with my main server's xD Tears of joy I tell you!

I'm sensing some leveling / fate grinding in our future tonight!
If you wouldn't mind that haha xD <3

(10-20-2016, 11:48 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Well, if it helps, I think it's been implied (and mentioned in this thread, even!) that once the apartments are full up, SE can just... add more, since it's less intensive to add more space for apartments than wards for housing. This is supposed to be their big fix for getting everyone some manner of personal property, after all.

The real kicker is getting the gil/materials to pimp out your room once you get it. If you get lazy like me and just buy everything off the Market Boards, you could see a good few million gil just up and vanish on you.
Furniture is fine, I have the patience to wait and make crafter for that but acquiring the plot/room? ack xD Don't even know when SE is gonna add more apartment rooms so yeah ; u ;

@OP
Good luck to us both if you're ever planning to switch to Balmung Big Grin Though you probably have a higher chance than I do haha xD