Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to the community, old hand at the game. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to the community, old hand at the game. (/showthread.php?tid=17425)

New to the community, old hand at the game. - Ifrinne Calionne - 10-09-2016

Hello there FF14 RP'ers. My name is Ifrinne. I am currently trying to catch a window to roll into balmung with this 12th character as i ended RP on a server where my main characters are. I like a casual RP with some adventuring, meeting friends and all that. A quick outline of Ifrinne's personality is, really shy and sensitive. Cause of her past. More i cant spoil.

Ones of Balmung RP'ers, hope to see ye soon.

RE: New to the community, old hand at the game. - Ayaka - 10-09-2016

Hello hello and welcome to the forum! /o/

Your  character seems interesting Big Grin What with all that mystery that's surrounding her >D

RE: New to the community, old hand at the game. - Ifrinne Calionne - 10-09-2016

Well, a short summary of her recent past is she had a real hard time with her family and always was used as a sort of scapegoat. She managed to escape her parental house in CCH and flee. When she finally made it to the black shroud she collapsed as she was completely drained. A passing carriage picked her up some later and brought her to Lominsa, to the ACN guild (as she is really close to her carbuncle). The guildmaster took her in and helped her recover while keeping her hidden from her family (she uses a false name and completely different clothing).

RE: New to the community, old hand at the game. - Thunderbolt300 - 10-09-2016

Welcome aboard! Big Grin

On the topic of rolling, it's really a crapshoot. It's arguably worth the $18 transfer fee to get onto Balmung without any hassle. The transfer will do bulk as well if you need that. I did this myself about a month ago. Otherwise, the mythical character creation window might as well be a chupacabra at this point...

RE: New to the community, old hand at the game. - Ifrinne Calionne - 10-09-2016

And here i thought tonberry was hard to get into. I got 8 chars there and never really missed a window Tongue

I am defenitely going for the transfer. Just miss RP way too much. ;3

RE: New to the community, old hand at the game. - SicketySix - 10-09-2016

Yeah honestly, the transfer fee is the only reliable way in to Balmung.
Catching the servers after maintenance is no longer reliable and the open window to get a character in is probably less then 3 seconds, 5 at best!

RE: New to the community, old hand at the game. - Ayaka - 10-09-2016

You have to camp the server if you want to catch a slot haha I remember doing that--I believe it took me at least 1-2mins to create Ayaka (loading time included) and when I tried to make another character, NOPE, server already full xD So I placed said other character in Gilgamesh just for the sake of meeting my friends over there haha

But interesting character you have there! ; u ; Someone hug the poor cinnamon roll and protect her from the world!

RE: New to the community, old hand at the game. - Ifrinne Calionne - 10-10-2016

I believe even gilgamesh is nearly perma-locked. Lots of RP lovers out there heh. And i believe Ifrinne is the best defined character ive made. Though my main Juliana and 2nd main Nathalie have their stories too. But thats a different topic *grins*

RE: New to the community, old hand at the game. - SicketySix - 10-10-2016

(10-10-2016, 05:52 AM)Ifrinne Calionne Wrote: I believe even gilgamesh is nearly perma-locked. Lots of RP lovers out there heh. And i believe Ifrinne is the best defined character ive made. Though my main Juliana and 2nd main Nathalie have their stories too. But thats a different topic *grins*

Pretty much. But even then I've seen Gilgamesh randomly open during EST afternoon hours. So your chances of getting on that server is a lot higher then catching Balmung open.