Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Inactive] The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: [Inactive] The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl (/showthread.php?tid=1736)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl - Merri - 03-05-2013

The Blue Skies Adventuring Linkpearl

[Image: 0o2TCAa.png]

"It's truly something else," The Miqo'te gave a brief nod and folded his hands behind his head, "not being tethered down anywhere. Nothing but the ground under your feet, and the wind at your back to carry you. To feel the warmth of the sun on your skin, and the breeze through your hair." He leaned forward a moment, setting a sky blue pearl down upon the table. "To not have any obligations, no real commitment. Having the world be nothing but your own oyster. A fruit ripe for picking."

The pearl slowly began to roll across the uneven table, coming to a stop as it reached the center. "It doesn't matter what walk of life you come from to us. Whether you're the son of an Ul'dahn noble, or fresh off the docks of Limsa-Lominsa. It's all the same. The lust for adventure is something that dwells inside of everyone, whether they chose to accept it or not. I'll tell you this, though. Once it gains a foothold, it's hard to break free. The freedom to live your life as you see fit. To go where you want to go, and to achieve what you want to achieve. You get to decide what you do, and when you do it." A large, toothy grin spread across his face.

"Treasure, fame, wealth, knowledge, power-- ...No one person has the same goals in life. We've all our own ends we seek to see fulfilled, our own dreams to achieve. I will tell you this, though. None of the above matters to us."

His brow furrowed and expression grew more serious as he brought a finger up to point at the person sitting across from him. "Friendship. That's what it's always been about. To set out across the world, hand in hand. To lay eyes upon lands no man or woman has ever seen. To set foot where no one has before. To bear witness to everything Hydaelyn has to offer. To adventure-- ...not alone, but together." The finger quickly retracted as the man made a fist. "Whether or not you take the pearl is of no concern to me." The grin slowly crept across his face once again. "But if you do? You can be certain your life will never be the same again. But I don't think I need to tell you that. Just look outside."

He gestured to the bright and vibrant sky above them. "They're endless, those blue skies. And yet, you can't help but feel an urge to see what lies at the other end."

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - soundprodigy3000 - 04-28-2013

Hello...Im waiting to get my hands on a PS3 version of ARR while in the meantime, actively hunting for a roleplay community. I am interested in your ad and would love to discuss possible recruitment with you. thanks.

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 05-12-2013

My apologies to anyone who has sent me a PM and hasn't received anything in response the past few weeks. I've been busy moving halfway across the country, settling into my new home, and acquainting myself with my new roommates. (Who are probably reading this. Hi.)

While I have more or less settled in, I'm still in the process of finding a steady job, so I won't be back around as usual just yet. I do, however, hope to get the website up and running soon. Possibly in time for phase 3 of the beta, but definitely in time for the start of open beta.

Thank you for your patience, and feel free to keep the PMs coming. I will answer them as soon as I can get to them.

Thanks!

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Nee Ninean - 06-08-2013

Hopefully you will be successful both in and out of the game. I had just joined towards the end when it kinda died Cry so I hope it will be more active. Thumbsup

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 06-19-2013

I'm happy to announce that the Blue Skies Adventuring Company is now officially and actively recruiting for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn! With our site ready for the public and our first event coming up this weekend, we invite you to stop by our little hub and check things out for yourself!

In line with releasing the website, our post here on the RPC has been updated significantly to fit recent changes to the linkpearl! We've taken on several new linkshell officers, and have a much more ambitious game plan this time around!

While we've had numerous applications sent via PM over the past weeks and months, I unfortunately ask that you please re-submit any applications on our official site. We have a slightly updated application, and some new information to chew on over at the new URL! Thank you, and I'm sorry in advance for any inconveniences this might cause.

We hope to see you all in-game soon, and thank you for your interest in the Blue Skies!

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Khaze'to Zhwan - 06-30-2013

I think after last nights events and reading your page you have another recruit if you will have me,  However I don't know if I'm being dense or blind but I can't find a link or address for your website.

Never Mind, seems I found it 5 seconds after posting this. Always the way right..

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Kyatai - 07-03-2013

Looks very, very cool. Great job... reminds me of what we're after in our LS. Hopefully we can share a server and get some great stories/adventures going together! Cactuar

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - MrHeat - 07-03-2013

I like what you guys are doing. If I wasnt going to the non legacy server id put in an app.

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Feralis - 07-09-2013

Seems very interesting. I'm currently looking for a LS. This one seems well put together and friendly.

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Madda - 07-10-2013

Looks like a fun guild. :3

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 07-20-2013

While I don't enjoy having to cap things off, the interest in Blue Skies has been a bit overwhelming. As much as I'd love to keep taking in every single interested person, we simply don't have the leadership power right now to maintain a hundred some different players. We're already almost halfway to that.

That being said, the Blue Skies will currently be shutting down recruitment in order to get our current membership settled and integrated. We'd like to be able to take some time to get to know all of our current members, and make sure they all feel at home before taking in even more.

Thank you for your interest, and please keep your eyes peeled, as we will be recruiting again at some point in the future! We hope to see you all in Eorzea with the open beta test and beyond!

[All applications currently posted as of this time are still on the table to be accepted!]

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Ciara Snow - 08-26-2013

If you reopen please think of me id like to get back in blue skies it was a blast in 1.9

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Arlas - 09-24-2013

(whispers quietly your concept looks cool and i'm glad you guys have had such an influx of members! i can't wait to see when you reopen recruitment, both you and the other guild i was looking at are closed for the moment!! @_@)

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Madrina - 09-25-2013

Hello!

My boyfriend and I are currently on Behemoth because we joined a role playing free company there that ended up not being really a role playing company. We are looking to make new characters on Balmung to possibly find a roleplaying community. We're not veteran role players but would love to learn, meet new people and become part of the role playing community. We're not just looking for a free company, just a place where we can find fun people who we can learn and become friends with.

When you open up again we are interested!

RE: The Blue Skies Adventuring Company - Merri - 11-29-2013

It's been some time, but the Blue Skies is finally going to be going live for ARR. This time, however, under a vastly different concept. I simply can't afford to dedicate time towards running an active RP linkshell between my real life and my endgame activities in-game. So, as opposed to making Blue Skies into a busy shell with lots of events, it's going to be tailored back to it's original concept in 1.0. The Blue Skies will be a naturally grown linkshell, in that linkpearls will almost exclusively be given out in-character. There may be a few exceptions, but the main way to obtain a pearl will be from none other than Endemerrin himself.

As such, the pearl is going to function as a linkpearl truly would in Eorzea. It will only grow and live if people make it so. I hope to cultivate a unique and tightly knit community this way, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

I'm sorry for taking so long to reach this point (I blame Twintania stealing my free evenings), and I'd like to say thank you to everyone who helped in the beginning stages of the linkpearl. Hope to see you all in-game!