Hydaelyn Role-Players
Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; (/showthread.php?tid=17347)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Ayaka - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 11:24 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Yeah, not bothering people is one of the major hangups for me and a few other folks I know too. "Ah, don't want to bother you, so lemme know when you wanna RP." That single mindset reflecting back and forth leads to a lot of indecision. XD

And having them bump into each other shouldn't be too hard if we can pick a time or whatnot. Level is nice, but I've done RP on alts that are still only level 15. Imagination and coordination allows for a lot of stuff to be hand-waved.
Oooo that would work haha! I only have her at level 15-16 at the moment and she's currently in Limsa so yeah ; u ; If you don't mind o/ It'd be nice to set up something whether it's in in-game or forum haha. Though forum's much easier for me though cos of my timezone... +8 UTC > x >

(09-29-2016, 11:42 AM)SicketySix Wrote: I used to use the "Hey lemme know when you want to RP sometime" and always thought I was doing them a favor, until someone did it to me and I took it as "Hey I'm busy now so let me know some other time" lol.

So now I just get straight to the point. Occasionally I'll send a tell if I don't see an emote or some sort of sign from them in awhile, just to make sure they are not afk. I think one thing that intimidates a lot of new Rpers is when they walk up and get no response. That usually causes a lot of self doubt and feelings of rejection when more then likely the player is currently afk.
Oh yeah. Definitely this. Though I'd understand more if they were AFK but if they weren't and they just don't wish to RP with me, then that's a worse blow for me haha xD

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Gegenji - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 11:10 PM)Ayaka Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 11:24 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Yeah, not bothering people is one of the major hangups for me and a few other folks I know too. "Ah, don't want to bother you, so lemme know when you wanna RP." That single mindset reflecting back and forth leads to a lot of indecision. XD

And having them bump into each other shouldn't be too hard if we can pick a time or whatnot. Level is nice, but I've done RP on alts that are still only level 15. Imagination and coordination allows for a lot of stuff to be hand-waved.
Oooo that would work haha! I only have her at level 15-16 at the moment and she's currently in Limsa so yeah ; u ; If you don't mind o/ It'd be nice to set up something whether it's in in-game or forum haha. Though forum's much easier for me though cos of my timezone... +8 UTC > x >
I'm totally up for planning something - whether it's meeting up in game or getting your feet wet through an RP thread in the Town Square section. That's where all the RP-by-post stuff happens, after all! And having Chachan meet her in Limsa or around there is easy enough - he's a smith! The Guilds are over in Limsa and he pops by there all the time to help out. Thumbsup

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Ayaka - 09-30-2016

(09-29-2016, 11:34 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 11:10 PM)Ayaka Wrote: Oooo that would work haha! I only have her at level 15-16 at the moment and she's currently in Limsa so yeah ; u ; If you don't mind o/ It'd be nice to set up something whether it's in in-game or forum haha. Though forum's much easier for me though cos of my timezone... +8 UTC > x >
I'm totally up for planning something - whether it's meeting up in game or getting your feet wet through an RP thread in the Town Square section. That's where all the RP-by-post stuff happens, after all! And having Chachan meet her in Limsa or around there is easy enough - he's a smith! The Guilds are over in Limsa and he pops by there all the time to help out. Thumbsup
Oh I'd like that! Maybe just the forums for now? It's a bit hard to meet in-game with all the maintenance and my timezone and me having to go to my main during early evenings for most people xD

I'd be happy to plan/plot in a PM though! C: !!

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Gegenji - 09-30-2016

Sounds good to me. Big Grin