Hydaelyn Role-Players
Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; (/showthread.php?tid=17347)

Pages: 1 2

Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Ayaka - 09-28-2016

Somewhat not new in the forums though haha since I've already created an account before but I decided to start anew for the fresh character I've made in Balmung! :D And since I'm somewhat done with the recent contents with my main, it's time for me to derp around in Balmung for a bit and actually observe and see how RPers RP in it!

(I have at least 3-4 years of experience with RPing, though sporadic because of RL but my passion for it is still as strong as ever!)

With that said, I'm just gonna post a tiny bit about my character :D

Name: Ayaka Yatsurugi
Race: Au Ra Raen

[Image]
Really Short Bio:
A Raen Adventurer with wanderlust. Unafraid to discover new things whether they are something enchanting or something as simple as taking a bite out of a new food.

You'll know it's Ayaka because of how she keeps a small journal with her always, the Au Ra jotting down almost every single thing that's happening in her travels.
[sub](I actually have set up a twitter for it haha though I'm probably gonna make a tumblr to actually let her record things better.)[/sub]

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - SicketySix - 09-28-2016

Welcome to Balmung!

If you ever see a U'khoa Ohhbi or a Savona Drake around feel free to ask for RP or send a /tell just to say hi!

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Gegenji - 09-28-2016

Be forewarned! My main PvE content character used to be on Zalera... and I ended up transferring it over to Balmung. I just found it so much more lively in the RP going on in the hub places.. and just alive altogether with how my people are on Balmung. The same could happen to yooou~ Tonberry

Anyway, all goofiness aside (at least for now), welcome to Balmung! I hope you enjoy your derping around. And if you decide you want to jump in on some RP as well, I'm sure we'd love to have you. Chachan's always up for a new friend, at least. Thumbsup

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Ayaka - 09-28-2016

(09-28-2016, 11:46 AM)SicketySix Wrote: Welcome to Balmung!

If you ever see a U'khoa Ohhbi or a Savona Drake around feel free to ask for RP or send a /tell just to say hi!

I shall keep this in mind! Thank you for the welcome! CX

(09-28-2016, 11:49 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Be forewarned! My main PvE content character used to be on Zalera... and I ended up transferring it over to Balmung. I just found it so much more lively in the RP going on in the hub places.. and just alive altogether with how my people are on Balmung. The same could happen to yooou~ Tonberry

Anyway, all goofiness aside (at least for now), welcome to Balmung! I hope you enjoy your derping around. And if you decide you want to jump in on some RP as well, I'm sure we'd love to have you. Chachan's always up for a new friend, at least. Thumbsup

Haha I don't think I can actually leave my main server to be honest--Mainly because my friends are all in there so yeah xD But who knows!

For sure I'm gonna happily observe the RP world that is Balmung--As soon as I get to level 15 haha! (But yes, more friends please for my lil Au Ra! XD)

... That should be "how many people," by the by. Not "how my people." Though if I consider other RPers "my people," that statement still holds. It is chock full of my people. The RP people. Quotation marks.

And yus to friends! All the friends! Thumbsup

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Ayaka - 09-28-2016

(09-28-2016, 01:14 PM)Gegenji Wrote: ... That should be "how many people," by the by. Not "how my people." Though if I consider other RPers "my people," that statement still holds. It is chock full of my people. The RP people. Quotation marks.

And yus to friends! All the friends! Thumbsup

Oh! I actually thought you meant it as that haha but yes, it works like so without any problems so yer all good here!

Yes! All the friends! [sub]Now if I can only get over my shyness...[/sub] xD

(09-28-2016, 02:32 PM)Ayaka Wrote: [sub]Now if I can only get over my shyness...[/sub] xD

Oh, I definitely know about that. And plenty of others on Balmung do too, I'm fairly certain. The Quicksand is usually full of people wall-flowering, quietly waiting for someone to come over and start RP with them. Or looking for ERP. One of the two. Or both.

And I was really helped out by a few key folks coming up and RPing with me when I first came to Balmung - FFXIV has been my first foray into RP via MMO - so I like to try and pay it forward when I can and RP with other new folks. So if getting started is an issue, Chachan can help with that! Plus, he's from Doma too. Big Grin

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - SicketySix - 09-28-2016

My biggest issue with starting RP in Balmung wasn't so much due to shyness as teh fear that I was interrupting others from some pre-planned RP they was waiting for. Once I learned that more often then not that's not the case, RP came a lot easier.

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Ayaka - 09-29-2016

(09-28-2016, 02:38 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 02:32 PM)Ayaka Wrote: [sub]Now if I can only get over my shyness...[/sub] xD

Oh, I definitely know about that. And plenty of others on Balmung do too, I'm fairly certain. The Quicksand is usually full of people wall-flowering, quietly waiting for someone to come over and start RP with them. Or looking for ERP. One of the two. Or both.

And I was really helped out by a few key folks coming up and RPing with me when I first came to Balmung - FFXIV has been my first foray into RP via MMO - so I like to try and pay it forward when I can and RP with other new folks. So if getting started is an issue, Chachan can help with that! Plus, he's from Doma too. Big Grin

Haha I'm gonna be one of those people that'll sit in Quicksand and just look about. To be honest, I just want to observe first before finally taking a deep breath and jumping in--But that'll probably be forever since... IDK, too shy haha and too self-conscious about the way I RP and if people will find them amusing or not xD
[sub]That and yes, like you, it's my first time with mmo RPing somewhat. Well, more like in-game RP I guess xD[/sub]

I hope I get lucky and meet people like yours too Big Grin We'll see!

(09-28-2016, 03:00 PM)SicketySix Wrote: My biggest issue with starting RP in Balmung wasn't so much due to shyness as teh fear that I was interrupting others from some pre-planned RP they was waiting for. Once I learned that more often then not that's not the case, RP came a lot easier.

Oh! Yeah that's a thing too! O: Now I'm more worried oh boy! ; u ;

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Gegenji - 09-29-2016

I think the intention was to make you less worried. Tongue

Mostly by letting you know that it's usually okay to just walk up and initiate RP with folks. And if you're not certain, usually giving them a poke via /tell to see if they're available never hurts! That said, it was definitely very... imposing for me at first - my first day on Balmung I felt lost and confused and over my head. However, if you can just get into that first RP, that'll hopefully lead into your second, and third... and before you know it you're fitting right in! Thumbsup

And if I can help be one of those initial steps, I'd be happy to help. It's just a matter of us crossing paths in-game, I think.

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Chichiyo Chiyo - 09-29-2016

Welcome to Balmung Ayaka ^^ I'm fairly shy too but make it a habit of letting others know i'm free to RP with wherever, whenever. Smile

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - SicketySix - 09-29-2016

Yes, the intent was to ease your nerves, not stir them up lol.
Like said above, the point is, it's usually okay to walk-up and initiate RP.

If you are approaching a group of people and want to join in, it's usually better to check first.

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Ayaka - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 08:11 AM)Gegenji Wrote: I think the intention was to make you less worried. Tongue

Mostly by letting you know that it's usually okay to just walk up and initiate RP with folks. And if you're not certain, usually giving them a poke via /tell to see if they're available never hurts! That said, it was definitely very... imposing for me at first - my first day on Balmung I felt lost and confused and over my head. However, if you can just get into that first RP, that'll hopefully lead into your second, and third... and before you know it you're fitting right in! Thumbsup

And if I can help be one of those initial steps, I'd be happy to help. It's just a matter of us crossing paths in-game, I think.
Ack, I know, I know--Anxiety is just really annoying haha ; u ; I would most certainly go with the whole, sending people tells before any RPing happens! I don't wanna bother others after all...

And oh, that would be nice...! Though a bit hard to do considering I'm still ever so slowly leveling Ayaka up! ' ^ ')9

(09-29-2016, 08:14 AM)Chichiyo Chiyo Wrote: Welcome to Balmung Ayaka ^^ I'm fairly shy too but make it a habit of letting others know i'm free to RP with wherever, whenever. Smile
Thank you for the welcome! CX I shall try to do that as well--! At least, I hope I'm showing that kind of aura or something haha.

(09-29-2016, 08:20 AM)SicketySix Wrote: Yes, the intent was to ease your nerves, not stir them up lol.
Like said above, the point is, it's usually okay to walk-up and initiate RP.

If you are approaching a group of people and want to join in, it's usually better to check first.
I apologize haha. I just have this terrible anxiety when it comes to such things. But ah... Walk ups is definitely something I can't seem to do at all. Too shy I suppose? Though if I'm really itchy to RP and whatnot, I usually just try to send a tell or so. SO, there's that I guess... ; u ;

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - Gegenji - 09-29-2016

(09-29-2016, 11:20 AM)Ayaka Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 08:11 AM)Gegenji Wrote: I think the intention was to make you less worried. Tongue

Ack, I know, I know--Anxiety is just really annoying haha ; u ; I would most certainly go with the whole, sending people tells before any RPing happens! I don't wanna bother others after all...

And oh, that would be nice...! Though a bit hard to do considering I'm still ever so slowly leveling Ayaka up! ' ^ ')9

Yeah, not bothering people is one of the major hangups for me and a few other folks I know too. "Ah, don't want to bother you, so lemme know when you wanna RP." That single mindset reflecting back and forth leads to a lot of indecision. XD

And having them bump into each other shouldn't be too hard if we can pick a time or whatnot. Level is nice, but I've done RP on alts that are still only level 15. Imagination and coordination allows for a lot of stuff to be hand-waved.

RE: Finally got in Balmung! So--New to the server ; u ; - SicketySix - 09-29-2016

I used to use the "Hey lemme know when you want to RP sometime" and always thought I was doing them a favor, until someone did it to me and I took it as "Hey I'm busy now so let me know some other time" lol.

So now I just get straight to the point. Occasionally I'll send a tell if I don't see an emote or some sort of sign from them in awhile, just to make sure they are not afk. I think one thing that intimidates a lot of new Rpers is when they walk up and get no response. That usually causes a lot of self doubt and feelings of rejection when more then likely the player is currently afk.