Hydaelyn Role-Players
Random Remarks - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Random Remarks (/showthread.php?tid=17343)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Random Remarks - Virella - 10-09-2016

(10-09-2016, 12:09 PM)Lililove Wrote: 1. Want the miqo'te males to get the shaved haircut the Highlander males have with the hair on top so my friend can make her miqo.

2. I wish FF had a check-list addon because hooollllyyyy fuck there's too much to keep track of. And not like a quest objective thingy to the side. But an actual checklist

3. More NPC outfits plllleeeeeaaassseeee

4. WTB corsets
Just... give all hairstyles to all races/gender combos already. NPCs do it, why don't we >_>!

AND CORSETS YES PLS

RE: Random Remarks - Charity322 - 10-10-2016

What is Discord and how is it used for RP?

RE: Random Remarks - SicketySix - 10-10-2016

(10-10-2016, 12:28 AM)Charity322 Wrote: What is Discord and how is it used for RP?

It's a voice/text chat for gamers basically. You can create different chat channels for voice/texet and invite specific people into each group.

A lot of people use it for out of game Free Company chat, and as far as RP goes, it's used the same way as Forum RP goes. Your responses just go onto a chat channel instead of in-game or a forum.

I really recommend downloading it if you have friends or an FC that use it. I myself do a lot of RP over Discord.

RE: Random Remarks - Kilieit - 10-10-2016

I find Discord extremely preferable to Skype, which is the next most comparable program of which I'm aware.
  • Group chats are more robust and customisable (you can have a "group DM" or a text chat server depending on what's more applicable)
  • Group calls are more robust and customisable (group DM calls are like group Skype calls but without the every-5-second-disconnects; server calls are like Teamspeak or what have you)
  • you can still do 1-on-1 calls and the server stability seems better than Skype's in my opinion
  • Discord mgmt actually listens to their userbase when it comes to adding new features
  • The text chat interface is more customisable (this is a HUGE thing for me because I literally cannot follow conversations on Skype's current text interface)
  • they have full emoji integration come on

Promise I'm not being paid to say that. Just my onion x)

They have a web app if you wanna try that before downloading anything, but I find the desktop app easy and pleasant to use and it's basically replaced the amalgam of 58945 other second-rate IM programs I initially used to replace the Skype text chat when it became unreadable to me.

RE: Random Remarks - SicketySix - 10-10-2016

Yeah, Skype is just kind of a cluster fuck at the moment. Discord is not without it's issues to be sure, but it's just a more enjoyable program I think.

And you can set up the bots to perform various functions, like set up a "roll_1000" or whatever the command is, and much like the in-game /random it will roll for you,. making RP combat in Discord entirely possible.

RE: Random Remarks - Kilieit - 10-10-2016

Omg I love kupobot. It's so cute?

And it means I can ask for the weather forecast in the zone I'm RPing in without bothering anyone to visit a skywatcher / trawling fishing sites for one that has this hour's weather on it.

RE: Random Remarks - Ayaka - 10-10-2016

*Casually visits that link and adds it to her discord FC in her main account*

That's actually very useful OMG! Also yes, I also really like discord--More than Skype now definitely! It feels more friendly and whatnot.

RE: Random Remarks - GhostlyMaiden - 10-10-2016

(10-10-2016, 11:16 AM)Kilieit Wrote: Omg I love kupobot. It's so cute?

And it means I can ask for the weather forecast in the zone I'm RPing in without bothering anyone to visit a skywatcher / trawling fishing sites for one that has this hour's weather on it.

Kupobot is amazing. Whenever I'm not able to be in-game, I can just use the !company <server> <name> command to figure out what rank our FC is currently at and give me a gauge on what I need to work on when I get home.

A nifty lil bot and I love it. Big Grin

(10-10-2016, 12:58 PM)Ayaka Wrote: *Casually visits that link and adds it to her discord FC in her main account*

That's actually very useful OMG! Also yes, I also really like discord--More than Skype now definitely! It feels more friendly and whatnot.

For me, I could never use skype because it would run really slowly and actually crash my computer depending on how much I had running (I also have a pretty shitty laptop right now). Discord as a lot of options of how to access it. Very mobile-friendly and just in general, I like it much better.

RE: Random Remarks - Charity322 - 10-11-2016

I have Skype, but I never really use it. I use Trillian for chat. I guess I don't really need Discord as I prefer to RP in game (and I don't like voice chat).

RE: Random Remarks - Charity322 - 10-17-2016

Anyone know how to delete saved appearance data? I've had some hanging around for a while from playing around, but there doesn't seem to be an option to delete them.

RE: Random Remarks - Kilieit - 10-17-2016

For PC:

Show Content

If you're on PlayStation IDK how to help, sorry. ;v;

RE: Random Remarks - Charity322 - 10-17-2016

Nope, I'm on PC, thanks. I did suspect those files, but didn't want to bork anything if I was wrong.

RE: Random Remarks - SicketySix - 10-20-2016

That reminds me I should probably clear mine out as well. I usually tinker around with designing alts and then just start spamming the accept button and end up saving the appearance.

RE: Random Remarks - Sun'ra - 10-20-2016

*Tardy to the party, but throws it out there that you can have darker, but not gray/blue/black Keeper skin tones*

RE: Random Remarks - Gideon Aryeh - 10-20-2016

Plenty of pale pink and chocolate brown Keepers running around.