Hydaelyn Role-Players
Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? (/showthread.php?tid=17333)

Pages: 1 2

Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Niteshade_Rune - 09-26-2016

I was curious, with Balmung's population as massive as it is. Were folks leaning toward specific ward/subdivision instances ?
With the apartments having the lobby people can hang out in I was curious as it would give people another place to meet up and hangout.
Or if,due to the population we are all just going to go for where ever we can find space and may some of us be lucky enough to obtain one lol.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Warren Castille - 09-26-2016

The last one. There's enough demand on the server that trying to consolidate is going to be extremely difficult. I expect everyone to make a run on the zoneline and try to get lucky.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Gegenji - 09-26-2016

Warren has the right of it. Still, there ARE some places folks might try to hit first if the Housing Rush was any indication. Folks seem to like Mist the most, I think? So those will likely fill up first, then the Beds, and finally the Goblet. Though, the space between these could be simply a manner of minutes... and altered by whatever folks are trying to utilize this knowledge.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Parvacake - 09-26-2016

A lot of it also depends on how many RPers can afford to be up when the patch drops to try and nab a place.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Gegenji - 09-26-2016

On the plus side, according to posts over in our housing thread, it seems like they'll be able to dynamically add more apartments should they be needed. Up to 500 per ward, so for 12 wards over 3 housing districts... that's 18000 apartments. Unless I messed up my maff somewhere. If subwards are included in the original figure, that doubles the number of apartments potentially available.

SO, hopefully everyone who wants an apartment can get one. Wink

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Silmanos - 09-26-2016

Subdivisions are in fact included so it would be up to 36k apartments. The question is how fast are they going to make them available? Is it really going to be immediate or will it take a minor patch? I remain skeptical and will assume the latter because this is SE.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Ruran - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 03:46 PM)Silmanos Wrote: Subdivisions are in fact included so it would be up to 36k apartments. The question is how fast are they going to make them available? Is it really going to be immediate or will it take a minor patch? I remain skeptical and will assume the latter because this is SE.

Hmm, I thought it wasn't confirmed that subdivisions were going to be included, just the main wards. I would be more than happy to stand corrected, however!

And yeah, unfortunately SE has a habit of saying one thing and doing another... So while I'm crossing my fingers that it will be a quick and easy patch to add more wards eventually, I'm not holding my breath.

pls SE, just let us have a place to call home!

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Kage - 09-26-2016

Subdivisions are noted in the lodestone page about it. It's how we first learned there were 90 rooms per.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Maril - 09-26-2016

I reckon I'll just be going for whichever one I can get, like most others. Maybe it'll be possible or more feasible to spread a word saying that lobby in apartment xx of xx is going to be the "RP Lobby" so as to make it more of a hub. Maybe pick the same go-to lobby for all three housing zones to make it easier to remember? It's not an easy feat but, perhaps something to keep in mind going forward.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Niteshade_Rune - 09-26-2016

I myself am partial to the Limsa Lominsa region and thus the Mists so it's where I plan to check first. Due to working 2nd shift I don't think I want to chance an all nihhter but I am considering waking up by around 9-10am at the latest or maybe even earlier to make an attempt. Guess we'll see.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Valence - 09-27-2016

Everyone is like "omg The Mist, Beach". I'm more like "omg The Beds, FOREST".

Not complaining.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Oroban - 09-27-2016

Goblet, Ward 4 subdivision, here. Character's from Ul'dah, and that's within spitting distance of his SO's FC house. Only considerations I put into it, hah.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Siha - 09-27-2016

I was curious about this myself for one reason and that's the potential RP opportunities if people's characters have these apartments ICly and they're using them as IC apartments or even as shops located within the building. Suddenly you have a reason to RP with someone you may never have had a good reason to meet before but wanted to! That's the neatest part to me. Is it likely to happen? Probably not if only because it'd be impossible I think for that much coordination when it's going to be a scramble but even so, with a stretch the idea could still be used!

Personally a few friends and I are shooting for Lavender Beds, Ward 1. I've always wanted a place in the Lavender Beds and I'll be happy to finally have one if I can snag it!

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Kismet - 09-27-2016

When/If I actually get an apartment, I'll post wherever I end up here. I think it'd be really nice to see mini RP hubs pop up in whatever wards that have higher numbers of us.

RE: Rp'rs going for certain wards w/apartments? - Gegenji - 09-27-2016

Well, spur of the moment decision resulted in me picking up an apartment for both Chachan AND Gogon. Gogon's will likely be a library/personal space... but I'm thinking of adapting Chachan's into a smelting guild facility that matches his background - and leaving it available for folks who ICly need a smithy or smelter in Ul'dah. I just... have to set it all up first. Blush